Progressives, part 3...

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 5:35 PM

Twitter is mere entertainment.  You just have to stay away from the rabbit hole of comments

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 5:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

The tolerant left! He tested negative a day after and is fully vaccinated, idiots. 

He has it and zero symptoms.  Seems to have forgot that in his tweet

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 6:19 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

In my opinion, Twitter has zero redeeming qualities.  It is a rage generator.  I stay off of it or else I get to hating my fellow man.

Oddly the same reason I like it… but no I’m not triggered, this thread is about progressives and plenty of people posted about Kavanaugh. Same reason I hate the idiots pretending a $3.5t somehow costs nothing. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 7:53 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

In my opinion, Twitter has zero redeeming qualities.  It is a rage generator.  I stay off of it or else I get to hating my fellow man.

Twitter is very frustrating, but it’s the only place I have found a community of likeminded individuals to interact with. Not a lot of anarchist type folks in the real world. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Oct 2, 2021 6:50 AM
posted by justincredible

Twitter is very frustrating, but it’s the only place I have found a community of likeminded individuals to interact with. Not a lot of anarchist type folks in the real world. 

I get that.  I’m really referring to myself - it just makes me unhappy.  

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 2, 2021 1:08 PM
posted by justincredible

Have you tried Reddit? 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 2, 2021 2:32 PM

Reddit just bans anything that isn’t hive mind think. The major subs like politics are run by left wing activists. They can post articles that are proven false and nothing happens but a right leaning subreddit gets banned or bidden

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 2, 2021 6:41 PM
posted by sportchampps

Reddit just bans anything that isn’t hive mind think. The major subs like politics are run by left wing activists. They can post articles that are proven false and nothing happens but a right leaning subreddit gets banned or bidden

But r/goldandblack is actually libertarian. 

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 2:11 PM
posted by superman

Have you tried Reddit? 

God no.

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 9:54 PM

Lol

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 4, 2021 6:56 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol

Biden did a nice Trump impersonation "pretending" to condemn it.

Except it was comical to then watch Biden actually blow the dog whistle Trump was always accused of.  You know, the typical "what Trump really meant..." manufactured story.  But you don't need to make that up or imagine it, because Joe actually did say it.

For those who missed it, Biden basically said "yeah, we don't condone that behavior.....but it comes with the territory....part of the process".  In other words, what Joe really meant to say was he doesn't approve of that behavior, but he also doesn't object when it's directed at his political opponents.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 12:43 PM
posted by justincredible

If anything, Twitter completely justified its existence over the past day or so with all the comments on Urban getting his groove on with some younger chick in a bar. Provided a fair bit of amusement!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 12:55 PM
posted by Heretic

If anything, Twitter completely justified its existence over the past day or so with all the comments on Urban getting his groove on with some younger chick in a bar. Provided a fair bit of amusement!

My favorite comment was one saying "That was not a chick.  That was Trevor Lawrence.  Lawrence played out of the shotgun all through college and Urban was simply showing him to to properly get under center.  Like all the great ones - always coaching."

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 1:09 PM
posted by Heretic

Imagine being a Jags fan. FML!

gut Senior Member
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Remember when the internet promised convenient & affordable access for everyone to all our history and knowledge?

Now we're fighting over how to keep people from reading garbage on the internet that provokes them into doing stupid and dangerous things....

Goodness, people, freedom of speech is literally #1 on the list.

Tue, Oct 5, 2021 1:42 PM

Anything that goes against my worldview is dangerous and should be suppressed. Also, you're a racist.

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 7:37 AM

This “whistleblower” is nothing more than a far left activist wanting even more censorship on things she doesn’t agree with. Facebook should bring whatever legal action they can against her since she shouldn’t have actual whistleblower protection since nothing they did is illegal. 

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 10:34 AM

gut Senior Member
Wed, Oct 6, 2021 2:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

This “whistleblower” is nothing more than a far left activist wanting even more censorship on things she doesn’t agree with. Facebook should bring whatever legal action they can against her since she shouldn’t have actual whistleblower protection since nothing they did is illegal. 

Yeah, while she raises some serious concerns it's fairly obvious the main crime she was bitching about was making a profit.

Also, the "whistleblowing" was extremely orchestrated and coordinated.  Seems she may have committed a crime in order to facilitate a career change.  Clearly not the type to half-ass this all without a very well thought out plan.

I probably don't need to tell you she went to HBS to further convince you she's likely a psychopath.  And I suspect we will be hearing a lot more from her in the future.

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 5:40 PM

Healthcare is a human right! Until it isn’t…

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login