Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 6, 2021 6:04 PM

So how have we had a vaccine since January and already have more covid deaths than all of 2020?!?  But the narrative is different - last year it was all Trump's fault, and this year it's a few Republican governors undermining Biden's measures.

Speaking of Biden, John Kerry called him clueless [about France] in an overseas interview.  I wonder what Ptown thinks about the whole plan & execution of Biden's submarine flex for China...no doubt still fully convinced Joe has all his marbles, and knows where they are.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Oct 6, 2021 6:08 PM

Quaker, got a gf candidate for you…

https://youtu.be/_cWkPHnHp54

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 6, 2021 6:53 PM
posted by gut

So how have we had a vaccine since January and already have more covid deaths than all of 2020?!?  But the narrative is different - last year it was all Trump's fault, and this year it's a few Republican governors undermining Biden's measures.

Speaking of Biden, John Kerry called him clueless [about France] in an overseas interview.  I wonder what Ptown thinks about the whole plan & execution of Biden's submarine flex for China...no doubt still fully convinced Joe has all his marbles, and knows where they are.

Weird how the death counter doesn’t exist anymore. Imagine voting for Biden… woof

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 6, 2021 7:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Healthcare is a human right! Until it isn’t…

Potential organ recipients have several health-related rules they have to follow to keep their spot on the list, and for good reason. This one is nothing special.

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 8:01 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Potential organ recipients have several health-related rules they have to follow to keep their spot on the list, and for good reason. This one is nothing special.

So fat people can’t get transplants? Or smokers or alcoholics?  I highly doubt only fit people can get a transplant. My neighbor got a heart transplant, thank god, but she’s 70 and not in great health, how do you decide?

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 9:01 PM
posted by iclfan2

So fat people can’t get transplants? Or smokers or alcoholics?  I highly doubt only fit people can get a transplant. My neighbor got a heart transplant, thank god, but she’s 70 and not in great health, how do you decide?

For a heart transplant, the potential recipient must indeed quit smoking prior to the procedure.

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 9:16 PM

For a heart transplant, the potential recipient must indeed quit smoking prior to the procedure.

But otherwise be unhealthy… you’re being a bit ridiculous. Should trash on dialysis get a kidney? Or life long smokers get a lung just bc they quit right before? C’mon. You’re usually one of the normal ones on here. 

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 9:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

But otherwise be unhealthy… 

People with reasonably or even very healthy lifestyles get heart diseases.

Wed, Oct 6, 2021 9:46 PM

People with reasonably or even very healthy lifestyles get heart diseases.

And? Where do the rules begin? Or end?

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 6, 2021 10:20 PM

It should be obvious by now that this virus also has the ability to infect ones psyche. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 7, 2021 1:04 PM
posted by gut

This post makes little sense. 

The vaccine has been available since Dec 20, but really only available to most people since March-May, depending on the state. Also, remember January was pretty bad in terms of cases and deaths. The death numbers also are largely attributed to unvaccinated people, largely in the south. There is also the delta variant, which is more aggressive than the other variants. It is shocking you do not understand that. 

Are you really taking the French side on the sub deal? Really?

Subs for China? No, the subs are for our ally, Australia, to fight against China. The French were offering the Aussies some old diesel subs, while we are offering them nuclear powered attack subs that are better. I would gladly support our ally in the pacific at the expensive of the French. China is the next great power competitor. Any way that gets a check on their ambitions, I am for. Pissing off the French is fine as it will blow over. 

Also, typically left wing doves are pissed off at the deal, so I guess you are favoring the lefties and progressives on this one. Congrats! 

I'm shocked you do not understand this. Usually you have a sense of what is going on. Are you losing it? 

Thu, Oct 7, 2021 1:06 PM
posted by majorspark

It should be obvious by now that this virus also has the ability to infect ones psyche. 

1000% this. I have noticed a huge difference of people here in Ohio regarding the virus and where I used live in MD and DC. It goes both ways I would add. Most people either go too far into the one way or the other. 

Thu, Oct 7, 2021 1:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

Weird how the death counter doesn’t exist anymore. Imagine voting for Biden… woof

I don't know the world you live in, but I have seen we crossed 700k deaths a lot over the last week..so it exists.

Thu, Oct 7, 2021 4:36 PM

You can get bail after attempted murder?

Thu, Oct 7, 2021 5:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

You can get bail after attempted murder?

Helps make up for slavery I guess.  Nice kid and great family.  

gut Senior Member
Thu, Oct 7, 2021 5:33 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Are you really taking the French side on the sub deal? Really?

Subs for China? No, the subs are for our ally, Australia, to fight against China. 

You're so predictable and dull.  I stated absolutely no opinion on France or the sub deal - the point was John Kerry said Biden was clueless.

Subs for China?  Do you even read?  The deal is cold war type posturing.  I don't really have an opinion on it, but pretty sure you would have completely lost your moderate shit if Trump did this and accusing him of trying to start WW3.

And pissing off allies is now no big deal?  LMFAO.

Thu, Oct 7, 2021 8:03 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Helps make up for slavery I guess.  Nice kid and great family.  

You mean bc he’s black?? Quietest school shooting in history!

gut Senior Member
Thu, Oct 7, 2021 8:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

You mean bc he’s black?? Quietest school shooting in history!

Give it time.  Family said he has been bullied and robbed at school.  So, you know, he's a "victim".  Media will have a field day with this trial.

Thu, Oct 7, 2021 9:12 PM
posted by gut

Give it time.  Family said he has been bullied and robbed at school.  So, you know, he's a "victim".  Media will have a field day with this trial.

Agreed.  When it’s all said and done, his name will probably become a rallying cry.  I bet his dad is disappointed - oh wait, never mind, he’s not involved.  

Fri, Oct 8, 2021 11:33 AM
posted by gut

You're so predictable and dull.  I stated absolutely no opinion on France or the sub deal - the point was John Kerry said Biden was clueless.

Subs for China?  Do you even read?  The deal is cold war type posturing.  I don't really have an opinion on it, but pretty sure you would have completely lost your moderate shit if Trump did this and accusing him of trying to start WW3.

And pissing off allies is now no big deal?  LMFAO.

Way to double down on the dumb post. You completely ignore the first part of the post. You are the one that said subs for China, not me. So, can you read and type?

The fact that you have no opinion on it means you have no idea about it.  You are just grasping at a Kerry quote you saw that reinforces your own belief about Biden. Do you even know in particular what the Kerry quote was referring to? Do you? 

Also, America and France have a long and complicated history of pissing each other off. This is no different. Hell, France was not a full member of NATO at one point. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login