Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 12:51 PM
posted by gut

Govt has long mandated vaccines for govt workers and public spaces.  It's why vaccines are required before kids can go to school.

Isn't the libertarian view that if other people threaten your liberty, you take up arms?  Well, unvaccinated threaten your life and liberty....but the solution doesn't require shooting them with bullets.

Although it does seem most of the pandemic issues, possibly even the pandemic itself, are due to govt intervention.

Vaccines that have 20 years of research maybe. Kids die from the flu far more than Covid. Yet these dumbass rules have only occurred now. The unvaccinated aren’t threatening anything (I’m vaccinated).

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 1:26 PM
posted by iclfan2

The unvaccinated aren’t threatening anything (I’m vaccinated).

But that's not really true, because as the pandemic continues your health and freedom ARE at risk.  People not getting vaccinated are prolonging the pandemic, which creates more opportunity for the virus to mutate to something worse.

Heck, we're all impacted by the supply chain issues that have resulted.  The anarchist COULD go shoot everyone that threatens his liberty, except he needs those people for the goods and services they provide.  So in that situation, the anarchist would instead force people to get vaccinated.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 2:25 PM
posted by justincredible

The unvaccinated aren't threatening shit when the vaxxed are getting and spreading it. The vaccine either protects you or it doesn't. But blaming the unvaccinated is horse shit.

Sorry, this is simply incorrect. The odds of me getting a "breakthrough infection" from contact with an un-vaccinated person are several times higher than from a vaccinated person. The idea that the vaccinated are spreading it is technically true, but at a hugely lower rate.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 3:51 PM

So your vaccine sucks. 

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 3:54 PM

We gonna vaccinate all the mammals that can carry this next?

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 3:59 PM

How likely is someone that has had COVID and recovered likely to get it and spread it again? 

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 4:16 PM
posted by justincredible

We gonna vaccinate all the mammals that can carry this next?

I suspect you aren't quite so anti-science as the above post suggests.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 4:17 PM
posted by justincredible

So your vaccine sucks. 

This is a post far too ignorant of you.

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 4:25 PM

Probably. 

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 4:49 PM
posted by justincredible

So your vaccine sucks. 

90+% is very good.

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 4:53 PM

If one gets the vaccine specifically because the government says we should, those people are sheep.

If one doesn't get the vaccine specifically because the government says we should, those people are also sheep. In either case, they're reacting to government instead of studying the actual facts.

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:03 PM
posted by justincredible

How likely is someone that has had COVID and recovered likely to get it and spread it again? 

Were my first two posts so ingernt that this isn't worthy of a response? Fair enough, if so, but it is a legitimate question.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:10 PM
posted by justincredible

Were my first two posts so ingernt that this isn't worthy of a response? Fair enough, if so, but it is a legitimate question.

Not sure what your point is.  If you had Covid, it seems you're good for at least 12+ months, but no one knows if or when you'd need a vaccine.

Nevertheless, it's an irrelevant deflection as most people refusing the vaccine never had a positive Covid test.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:13 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

In either case, they're reacting to government instead of studying the actual facts.

And that, to me, is what makes this such an interesting libertarian argument.  The argument seems to be that a mandatory vaccine is an infringement on your life and liberty, when the science would suggest the exact opposite.
jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:14 PM

True, and that freedom comes with employers being free to require vaccinations. You are free to work there or not.

I am ok with employers CHOOSING to require it.

It’s tyranny for the GOVERNMENT to FORCE companies to require it.

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:16 PM
posted by gut

Not sure what your point is.  If you had Covid, it seems you're good for at least 12+ months, but no one knows if or when you'd need a vaccine.

Nevertheless, it's an irrelevant deflection as most people refusing the vaccine never had a positive Covid test.

And how long does the vaccine last?

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:17 PM
posted by gut

Govt has long mandated vaccines for govt workers and public spaces.  It's why vaccines are required before kids can go to school.

Isn't the libertarian view that if other people threaten your liberty, you take up arms?  Well, unvaccinated threaten your life and liberty....but the solution doesn't require shooting them with bullets.

Although it does seem most of the pandemic issues, possibly even the pandemic itself, are due to govt intervention.

Unvaccinated don’t threaten me or anyone else.

So your whole argument is wrong since your first assumption is false.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:19 PM
posted by gut

But that's not really true, because as the pandemic continues your health and freedom ARE at risk.  People not getting vaccinated are prolonging the pandemic, which creates more opportunity for the virus to mutate to something worse.

Heck, we're all impacted by the supply chain issues that have resulted.  The anarchist COULD go shoot everyone that threatens his liberty, except he needs those people for the goods and services they provide.  So in that situation, the anarchist would instead force people to get vaccinated.

Did you miss any of the CNN talking points in this horseshit of a post?

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:20 PM

Sorry, this is simply incorrect. The odds of me getting a "breakthrough infection" from contact with an un-vaccinated person are several times higher than from a vaccinated person. The idea that the vaccinated are spreading it is technically true, but at a hugely lower rate.

Every study from the most vaccinated countries, like Israel, say you are wrong.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:32 PM
posted by jmog

Unvaccinated don’t threaten me or anyone else.

Yes, they do.  Don't be so obtuse.  You know better.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login