Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:50 PM

https://local.theonion.com/man-just-buying-one-of-every-cleaning-product-in-case-t-1842493766?utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF

It's always great when the satirical media site can predict what the real-life leader is going to blurt out a month in advance!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Apr 26, 2020 2:15 PM

Trump said today that he will not do anymore daily press conferences.  This is a very good decision.  He has not handled those well at all.  He can only scream "fake news" so much, especially when there is video/audio of his ridiculous statements.  Maybe this will allow him to focus more on moving forward and working with states to open up.  I am really pulling for him to lead through these next several difficult months.  The temper tantrums at the media are not contributing to that.  There are too many friendly media outlets for him to claim he is somehow unable to get his message out.  And if he can't stand being in the same room as some of these reporters, then cancelling these daily fiascos is for the best.  

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 26, 2020 3:10 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Trump said today that he will not do anymore daily press conferences.  This is a very good decision.  He has not handled those well at all.  He can only scream "fake news" so much, especially when there is video/audio of his ridiculous statements.  Maybe this will allow him to focus more on moving forward and working with states to open up.  I am really pulling for him to lead through these next several difficult months.  The temper tantrums at the media are not contributing to that.  There are too many friendly media outlets for him to claim he is somehow unable to get his message out.  And if he can't stand being in the same room as some of these reporters, then cancelling these daily fiascos is for the best.  

Agreed on all of this.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:01 PM

Anyone noticing less Drudge links on here since it joined the legions of "fake news"?

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:15 PM
posted by gut

Anyone noticing less Drudge links on here since it joined the legions of "fake news"?

Isn't it funny how something so quickly gets tossed from gospel to fake news when it defies confirmation bias?

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:31 PM
posted by gut

Haha.  Great point.  I used to think: well I can go to Drudge or I can go to QO posts on Ohio Chatter.  QO is on a bout a 5 minute delay.  Now that Trump has started his one way cat fight with Drudge, I think its going to be mostly Brietbart, and shit like Patriot Times.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 11, 2020 4:23 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/trump-admin-turbocharging-withdrawal-of-supply-chains-from-china/

Amen

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last week that the U.S. was working with Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Vietnam to “move the global economy forward,” including how to “restructure … supply chains to prevent something like this from ever happening again.”

Sounds great. I think they can call it something like the Trans Pacific Partnership...that has a nice ring to it. 

Mon, May 11, 2020 6:53 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/trump-admin-turbocharging-withdrawal-of-supply-chains-from-china/

Amen

Believe it when you see it. Watching US steelmaking capacity being permanently idled pre-COVID makes me a little skeptical about this administration's ability to deliver on China-related promises. Let's put it this way, if Jared Kushner gets yet another leadership position on this initiative, you can bet nothing will happen. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, May 11, 2020 9:15 PM

Believe it when you see it. Watching US steelmaking capacity being permanently idled pre-COVID makes me a little skeptical about this administration's ability to deliver on China-related promises. Let's put it this way, if Jared Kushner gets yet another leadership position on this initiative, you can bet nothing will happen. 

Could you imagine what it looks like if Hunter Biden gets that gig?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 9:45 AM

Hunter and daddy made their millions selling influence bought and paid for by you and me.  It is literally sickening what these bastards have done, all brought to us by liberal elites, globalists, and dumbass politicians.  The greatest thing about the Trump presidency is the revealing of all of the corruption and whoring on a global scale, but mainly with China. 

It’s taken over 3 years to reveal the disaster; it will take 4 more years to begin turning it around.

Tue, May 12, 2020 9:57 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Hunter and daddy made their millions selling influence bought and paid for by you and me.  It is literally sickening what these bastards have done, all brought to us by liberal elites, globalists, and dumbass politicians.  The greatest thing about the Trump presidency is the revealing of all of the corruption and whoring on a global scale, but mainly with China. 

It’s taken over 3 years to reveal the disaster; it will take 4 more years to begin turning it around.

Trump hasn't revealed shit.  His giving jobs to his family and friends shows he's just more of the same.  

Tue, May 12, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by Spock

Could you imagine what it looks like if Hunter Biden gets that gig?

Hunter Biden isn't his son-in-law. Jared is. Jared gets the important nepotistic gigs in this admin. 

Tue, May 12, 2020 10:02 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Serious question for you, how do you know Trump and his family are not making millions selling influence paid by you and me? 

Spock Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:07 AM

Trump hasn't revealed shit.  His giving jobs to his family and friends shows he's just more of the same.  

So he must be the first POTUS to ever do this huh?

Spock Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:08 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Serious question for you, how do you know Trump and his family are not making millions selling influence paid by you and me? 

My guess is Trump isnt going to do anything stupid or illegal with his businesses knowing that him and his family will be returning to them after his 2nd term is up.  

Tue, May 12, 2020 10:11 AM
posted by Spock

My guess is Trump isnt going to do anything stupid or illegal with his businesses knowing that him and his family will be returning to them after his 2nd term is up.  

And we as taxpayers have what to verify that? 

Spock Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:21 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

And we as taxpayers have what to verify that? 

faith?

Tue, May 12, 2020 10:27 AM
posted by Spock

faith?

So the American people just have to believe the word of Trump and his family even though most Americans currently don't? Cool. 

You expect the same of Biden then? Just faith? 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:29 AM

LOL

1-800-TDS-Help      

There is still time

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login