Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Apr 16, 2020 9:35 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I understand your point.  He could also eliminate half his tweets; might well serve him better, but perhaps not given the personal hatred held by so many.  He could cure covid19 tomorrow, and half the people would say he is two weeks too late.  We know how he is; how he operates.  But we only care about results.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/16/trumps-chinatown-tweet-pelosis-visit-draws-criticism-online/5149296002/

Here's a good example of why you should not see the animosity towards him as "unfair".  He has been posting stupid crap like this since long before he became a politician. He insults people in a 10X more personal way than is done to him. That's what defensive bullies do. I do not like Nancy Pelosi at all. But a post like this by him serves no other purpose than to enrage the segment of his supporter who cannot differentiate between San Francisco's Chinatown and the nation of China.  And yes, Pelosi got that wrong. But it happened at the same time Trump assured us that COVID was totally under control and would disappear "like a miracle". 

What makes Trump supporters like you insufferable is your idol worship and unwillingness to admit the major faults and mistakes of the guy. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Apr 16, 2020 10:29 PM

It’s funny to watch them do the same thing as antifa and it doesn’t get brought up by QO

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 16, 2020 10:58 PM
posted by geeblock

It’s funny to watch them do the same thing as antifa and it doesn’t get brought up by QO

Aside from everything is closed and everyone else is at home, the two are like totally the same.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 8:34 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/16/trumps-chinatown-tweet-pelosis-visit-draws-criticism-online/5149296002/

Here's a good example of why you should not see the animosity towards him as "unfair".  He has been posting stupid crap like this since long before he became a politician. He insults people in a 10X more personal way than is done to him. That's what defensive bullies do. I do not like Nancy Pelosi at all. But a post like this by him serves no other purpose than to enrage the segment of his supporter who cannot differentiate between San Francisco's Chinatown and the nation of China.  And yes, Pelosi got that wrong. But it happened at the same time Trump assured us that COVID was totally under control and would disappear "like a miracle". 

What makes Trump supporters like you insufferable is your idol worship and unwillingness to admit the major faults and mistakes of the guy. 

This is what got him elected though and his base loves the non apologetic tone.  The conservatives who don't love it, put up with it, because the dems really have done nothing to entice them to cross over to vote for them. It's not going to change at this point, and it's hilarious people still haven't figured this out for 4 years. 

I agree, simply posting the video with no commentary or a short non Trumpian caption like "Nancy had quite the different tune a few weeks ago" would have gone a long way.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 8:38 AM
posted by gut

You know things are improving because the politicians and media are going back to their partisan sniping.  Everyone goes ape shit when Trump refuses - correctly - to do the job of the state/local officials ordering shutdowns.  Then Trump says he's going to order people to open things back up.  And they, justifiably actually, go ape shit over him not being a dictator.  Yes, this power is actually reserved for the state/local govts, like it should be!  Why do they have to reflexively oppose Trump on everything, even when he's right?  Just ignore what he's right on and stop making yourself an equal clown.

Also, while Trump's pressers have been campaign events for a while, which isn't uncommon except he's doing it every day since he doesn't let his Press Sec do it.  But he shouldn't be pre-empting the Task Force briefings with his presser.

Pretty remarkable Trump has inadvertently made the dems embrace federalism. 

posted by gut

Aside from everything is closed and everyone else is at home, the two are like totally the same.

In Gblock's defense he thinks a bunch of 16 year olds wearing MAGA hats is the same thing as ANTIFA as well. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 9:45 AM
posted by QuakerOats

I understand your point.  He could also eliminate half his tweets; might well serve him better, but perhaps not given the personal hatred held by so many.  He could cure covid19 tomorrow, and half the people would say he is two weeks too late.  We know how he is; how he operates.  But we only care about results.

I actually agree with most of this. However, like Trump, you would never, ever admit that he was partially at fault for anything. Those of us paying attention know conclusively that the overwhelming blame for the testing problems in this country lie at the Federal level. It's not even seriously debatable.

It's not the size of Trump's ego that's his problem (Washington is full of them). It's the fragility of it. He simply is incapable of admitting that what he is doing isn't perfect, and in what is obviously the most important thing he'll do, he has not been perfect or even great.

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 11:19 AM
posted by gut

huge difference 

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Columbus oh 

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 11:23 AM

I see more similarities than differences. One group is extreme left and one is extremely right, but it’s the same coin 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 10:05 PM
posted by geeblock

I see more similarities than differences. One group is extreme left and one is extremely right, but it’s the same coin 

Nice detective work answering a question no one asked.  Geeblock posting again - must be a presidential election year.

The point was there wasn't any traffic or businesses for their rally to shut down and obstruct.  And this is where Quaker chimes in that if businesses WERE open, the rally doesn't happen because they all would have been at work.

Also, LOL at the pictures - they're wearing masks for health reasons.  Antifa wears masks so they can't be identified.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 20, 2020 1:10 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I actually agree with most of this. However, like Trump, you would never, ever admit that he was partially at fault for anything. Those of us paying attention know conclusively that the overwhelming blame for the testing problems in this country lie at the Federal level. It's not even seriously debatable.

It's not the size of Trump's ego that's his problem (Washington is full of them). It's the fragility of it. He simply is incapable of admitting that what he is doing isn't perfect, and in what is obviously the most important thing he'll do, he has not been perfect or even great.

Point taken.

Of course, if he admitted anything the Left would go triple bonkers saying they were right all along and he had to admit being wrong…… yada, yada, yada.……

Press made their bed, they can sleep in it.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 20, 2020 1:20 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Point taken.

Of course, if he admitted anything the Left would go triple bonkers saying they were right all along and he had to admit being wrong…… yada, yada, yada.……

I love how you're consistent in spinning everything so it's everyone's fault except the person who is most responsible.

"Sure he might be a total boob, but it's all because of other people that he is!!!!!! IT'S NOT MUH TRUMPY'S FAULT!!!!! NOTHING IS!!!!!!!"

Keep being a walking, talking clownshow, bruh; it's all you have!

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Apr 20, 2020 2:26 PM

Blaming Trump for the covid-19 crisis.  Yeah, that’s accurate.

Mind numbing.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 20, 2020 2:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Blaming Trump for the covid-19 crisis.  Yeah, that’s accurate.

Mind numbing.

And taking what other people say and twisting it to fit a narrative that wasn't even said. You're a fucking idiot.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 7:57 AM

I found it pretty funny yesterday that Trump blasted Republican Governor Larry Hogan for obtaining 500k testing kits from South Korea after the President said a few days ago that it was the states that need to step up on testing. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:17 AM

The daily new presser thing on this needs to stop.  Maybe every other day.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:24 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Point taken.

Yes, you've nailed what's important here. The federal government is dragging its collective feet in helping the states get what would instantly double or triple testing, but the reaction of political opponents and the press is what matters.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:26 AM
posted by Spock

The daily new presser thing on this needs to stop.  Maybe every other day.  

Well. The daily national response update is needed daily. His free wheeling and taking questions needs to stop. 

The first 10 minutes of his briefings where he is updating the nation on things is alright and usually pretty good. It goes downhill once he takes questions. 

I'd say the President should get up there, give the latest update, then leave.  The Q and A can be for the VP and the healthcare experts. 

But, I highly doubt Trump will do that. He loves the spotlight and the attention. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:28 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Well. The daily national response update is needed daily. His free wheeling and taking questions needs to stop. 

The first 10 minutes of his briefings where he is updating the nation on things is alright and usually pretty good. It goes downhill once he takes questions. 

I'd say the President should get up there, give the latest update, then leave.  The Q and A can be for the VP and the healthcare experts. 

But, I highly doubt Trump will do that. He loves the spotlight and the attention. 

true.  He cant help it.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 11:52 AM

He exposes the press every day, and they literally can’t help themselves.  He is single-handedly setting them back decades.  I honestly don’t know how he has the energy to do it every single day. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login