Disgusted with the Biden administration

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Apr 5, 2022 11:15 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Natural gas over $6 mcf.  Biden with a triple.  

The leftist assaults on the middle class and seniors is rolling along smashingly.  

Wait till u see what most people in the world pay for it. 

$42.39 EU right now.

Tue, Apr 5, 2022 11:39 AM

Although I do wonder... is your life actually bliss? Or is that old adage wrong? I mean.. you've made no attempts to change it so I'm guessing it's true. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 5, 2022 11:45 AM
posted by kizer permanente

$42.39 EU right now.

Those who did not understand energy are learning valuable lessons right now. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 5, 2022 10:38 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I guess I “lather up” over Uncle Joe too.

Sorry about your uncle.  I didn't know.  My apologies.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 6, 2022 1:00 AM

$42.39 EU right now.

And that is the goal? I am not certain why some people always talk about European prices for gas and natural gas whenever someone makes a comment about increased prices here in the US.

Like are you hoping it goes to that level? I for one do not.

Wed, Apr 6, 2022 6:21 AM
posted by jmog

And that is the goal? I am not certain why some people always talk about European prices for gas and natural gas whenever someone makes a comment about increased prices here in the US.

Like are you hoping it goes to that level? I for one do not.

I guess you missed the point too. NG is up everywhere due to decline of production from this Russia situation. The US (and rest of the world)  is already stuffing in containers as fast as they can and have been for years,..  but yeah, it's Biden's fault lol. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 6, 2022 11:57 AM

I guess you missed the point too. NG is up everywhere due to decline of production from this Russia situation. The US (and rest of the world)  is already stuffing in containers as fast as they can and have been for years,..  but yeah, it's Biden's fault lol. 

LNG is one thing, but natural gas has tripled mainly because of the policy agenda of the current administration which causes the industry to think twice about continuing to invest in bringing gas out of the ground.  This has already resulted in inventories being significantly below last year's level and below the trailing 5-year average.  https://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html

It is much easier to turn off the spigot, than to crank it back up.  Until policy makers stop listening to the radical climate alarmists and focus on energy security and what actually works, you can expect prolonged price escalation. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 6, 2022 12:07 PM

You would be right if oil/NG/gasoline prices were strictly supply and demand.

However, as much as it is stupid, the reality is that a huge driving force in those prices is speculation. Similar to the stock market and how peoples “perception” of how things are going.

Due to that political policies and therefore politicians can affect gas/NG prices, even if it isn’t 100% of the price like QO and Spock like to believe, but on the same token you can’t say that whoever the current people in power has zero to do with the prices either.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 6, 2022 12:11 PM

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Apr 11, 2022 12:51 PM

I wonder if the crowd obsessed with Hunter Biden’s dealings will talk much about Jared Kushner’s investment fund getting a 100% increase in deposits after a $2 billion investment from the Saudi public investment arm.  Apparently the Saudi government initially nixed it because Kushner has no experience as a fund manager, but was overruled by the prince who is a pal of Jared’s.  Of course having zero experience has not held back Jared’s career in the past. 

None of these people serve on our behalf: Biden, Clinton, et al.  But you MAGA people need to realize that Trump is just as much a part of the Washington swamp as any of the others.  You guys got played too.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 11, 2022 2:37 PM

I won’t speak for everyone, but my beef wasn’t with Hunter Biden the person, but the fact that social media killed the story as fake news during an election cycle. Who knows what happens if the media actually investigated the story during that time period.

I sure as shit would try to trade off of my parents’ names if it meant I could make millions. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Apr 11, 2022 3:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

I won’t speak for everyone, but my beef wasn’t with Hunter Biden the person, but the fact that social media killed the story as fake news during an election cycle. Who knows what happens if the media actually investigated the story during that time period.

I sure as shit would try to trade off of my parents’ names if it meant I could make millions. 

Exactly my problem. The media didn't downplay or try to hide anything to do with the Trump family. No sane person can say they didn't downplay and play off as a hoax this Biden laptop issue just to make sure Biden wasn't harmed before the election.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Apr 11, 2022 4:52 PM
posted by iclfan2

We do know:  17% said they would not have voted for biden; so even with all the shenanigancs, biden loses. 
Mon, Apr 11, 2022 6:42 PM
posted by QuakerOats
We do know:  17% said they would not have voted for biden; so even with all the shenanigancs, biden loses. 

Either way, we’d get a narcissist asshole as president who looks out for personal family and friend interest over the American public.  Not a good choice.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 12, 2022 12:03 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I wonder if the crowd obsessed with Hunter Biden’s dealings will talk much about Jared Kushner’s investment fund getting a 100% increase in deposits after a $2 billion investment from the Saudi public investment arm.  Apparently the Saudi government initially nixed it because Kushner has no experience as a fund manager, but was overruled by the prince who is a pal of Jared’s.  Of course having zero experience has not held back Jared’s career in the past. 

None of these people serve on our behalf: Biden, Clinton, et al.  But you MAGA people need to realize that Trump is just as much a part of the Washington swamp as any of the others.  You guys got played too.

I hold career politicians who use their office to enrich themselves and their families to a higher account.  Especially a 50yr career politician.  But what about Trump's son in law.  Odds are he benefitted from his father in law's brief time in office and is likely a shitbag.  Hopefully Trump got his 10%.  Boogie's got to lather up.

I agree with those of you citing the media bias.  But what really bothers me is I feel really sorry for Hunter.  What kind of father whose son becomes addicted to hard drugs uses him as his bagman?

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 12, 2022 8:16 AM
posted by majorspark

I hold career politicians who use their office to enrich themselves and their families to a higher account.  Especially a 50yr career politician.  But what about Trump's son in law.  Odds are he benefitted from his father in law's brief time in office and is likely a shitbag.  Hopefully Trump got his 10%.  Boogie's got to lather up.

I agree with those of you citing the media bias.  But what really bothers me is I feel really sorry for Hunter.  What kind of father whose son becomes addicted to hard drugs uses him as his bagman?

Good old Boogie busting out his his dumbass whataboutism again along with his TDS.  

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 8:30 AM
posted by majorspark

I just think we delude ourselves when someone comes along and we say “This person will be different.”  It’s impossible to believe, for example, that Biden has not had some thoughts about his son’s interests when dealing with China or Ukraine.  He will enrich his family and friends before any consideration of the national interest.  But it’s very hard to identify any of them that won’t do this.  Follow AOC’s progress in future years and you’ll see another example of “for the people.”  Hard not to be cynical about it all.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Apr 12, 2022 10:29 AM

8.5% ................ the 40-year high in inflation rolls on. 

Biden doing a wonderful impoverishing the middle class and  seniors.   

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 13, 2022 11:14 AM
posted by Fletch

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-to-announce-e15-gasoline-use-to-help-increase-fuel-supply-reduce-gas-prices

10 cents  a gallon?  Thanks Biden.

Considering ethanol has about 33% less energy/BTUs than gasoline, adding in an additional 5% will lower your gas mileage by about 2%. At $4/gal that effecitvely raises the cost by 8 cents, so the 10 cent cheaper is basically completely offset by the fact that you will be buying 8% more gasoline at e15 than you do at e10. 

It makes zero sense to anyone who can do the math.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login