2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 3:02 PM
posted by jmog

I did some research.

Rs already passed an IVF bill in the House. There is no need for the Ds to make their own bill on the Senate when they could just pass the Rs that they already passed in the house.

That’s why the Rs voted against it, there is no use in passing a separate different bill in the Senate when the Senate could just vote on the one that already passed the house….

Much simpler reason that just “republicans are evil” 

The bills are the same? I’m asking I don’t know. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 3:04 PM
posted by geeblock

My guess is they will continue to spread the lie and say cats are being eaten. 

https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1836401322540544289?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

Here’s another reason why the MSM sucks.

Article headline blames GOP, read in the article and it points out that both sides blocked IVF bills from the other side. 

The Rs in the House already passed an IVF bill, if the Ds really want it rather than block it so their name gets on it, just pass it, they have control of the Senate.

https://washingtonstatestandard.com/2024/09/17/in-vitro-fertilization-bills-from-both-democrats-and-gop-blocked-in-u-s-senate/

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 3:12 PM
posted by geeblock

The bills are the same? I’m asking I don’t know. 

I’m sure that both sides threw in BS spending shit they want in their bill and the other side doesn’t like it which is probably why they are actively blocking each others.

I will wait for you to call out Dem senators for blocking the R IVF bill like you did JDV and company. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 4:07 PM
posted by geeblock

My guess is they will continue to spread the lie and say cats are being eaten. 

https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1836401322540544289?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

A - The Russia Hoax was/is a multi-year lie ..........do you still believe it? 

B - Have there been any purported journalists directly asking any of the Haitians whether it is possible that any Haitians may have eaten any cats or dogs?  Or do we just accept liberals' often-used excuse - "there is no evidence of it", when no one has actually looked for any evidence?  Just because it is unacceptable in America doesn't mean it is unacceptable in Haiti.  But that topic really doesn't matter anyhow; what matters is the unsustainable strain on resources and taxpayers.  Housing, education, health care and finances can't withstand the onslaught brought about by open borders.  Very rough seas ahead. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 4:28 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Very rough seas ahead. 

You're about 15 years on saying this...will this finally mark the beginning of the rough seas?

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 4:42 PM

Well, I still think that you can't dump off 12-15 thousand people (estimate by ABC news), from anywhere, and not have troubles, problems or issues. The people can be from anywhere, it doesn't matter. It's going to be hard to adjust from any perspective, especially without any kind of planning. 

I saw a CNN clip where Dana Bash was questioning Vance about the cats and dogs thing. According to him (paraphrasing), he was getting complaints from people in his district months before he and Trump made an issue out of it. Creating the story. Now, to me, that's about as stupid if an angle you can take. Tons of better ways to focus on the problems happening than what they chose to do. You can't even make this shit up if you were Dave Chappelle. 

Like them or not, you have to admit that this isn't their finest hour.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 5:38 PM

20,000 of any person added to a city of 50,000 is going to cause significant issues. Adding 2000 would have issues too.

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:30 PM
posted by jmog

I’m sure that both sides threw in BS spending shit they want in their bill and the other side doesn’t like it which is probably why they are actively blocking each others.

I will wait for you to call out Dem senators for blocking the R IVF bill like you did JDV and company. 

I thought u said it passed

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:33 PM
posted by QuakerOats

B - Have there been any purported journalists directly asking any of the Haitians whether it is possible that any Haitians may have eaten any cats or dogs?  Or do we just accept liberals' often-used excuse - "there is no evidence of it", when no one has actually looked for any evidence?  Just because it is unacceptable in America doesn't mean it is unacceptable in Haiti.  But that topic really doesn't matter anyhow; what matters is the unsustainable strain on resources and taxpayers.  Housing, education, health care and finances can't withstand the onslaught brought about by open borders.  Very rough seas ahead. 

They don’t eat dogs and cats in Haiti, period. That’s stupid. 

Also the lady found her cat. 

https://x.com/greg_ip/status/1836385806681788428?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

https://x.com/acyn/status/1836435626050359401?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

There has been a lot of good things from Springfield and a lot of growth. They weren’t dumped in Springfield. They have been there since 2018.  Many more kept coming because there was so much vacant housing and plenty of available jobs. 

Do they need help to support this rapid growth? Absolutely. I’m glad we are sending resources there, but relax with the urban legend bullshit. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:33 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Ok, this is an example of a racist trope. What in the actual fuck? You are assuming that people in Haiti just eat pets and project that they are doing that here. 

Have Haitians been interviewed and denied it? Yes! Read any article from the local news source.

Hell, even the mayor and city officials are saying all of the national attention is bad. Bomb threats are daily and the college has had to shut down. 

Your post is dripping with racism in that you assume people from a place like Haiti would eat animals while us here in the civilized world, would not.

Maybe it is because I am watching a ton of Bearnie Monroe that are factually wrong and full of pictures of MS13 and gang members. Immigrants here in Ohio are not pouring in leading to rising crimes. 

It is annoying as hell because there is a real actual immigration issue in that the system is broken. Yet, posts like yours that drip in racists tropes are not helping one bit.

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:37 PM

Maybe stop watching libs of tik tok

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:38 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, I still think that you can't dump off 12-15 thousand people (estimate by ABC news), from anywhere, and not have troubles, problems or issues. The people can be from anywhere, it doesn't matter. It's going to be hard to adjust from any perspective, especially without any kind of planning. 

I saw a CNN clip where Dana Bash was questioning Vance about the cats and dogs thing. According to him (paraphrasing), he was getting complaints from people in his district months before he and Trump made an issue out of it. Creating the story. Now, to me, that's about as stupid if an angle you can take. Tons of better ways to focus on the problems happening than what they chose to do. You can't even make this shit up if you were Dave Chappelle. 

Like them or not, you have to admit that this isn't their finest hour.

What annoys me most about JD Vance as it is his state. Yes, he said he took calls from people in Ohio, but he failed to follow up with anyone with Springfield. No phone calls, no reach to anyone with the city to verify or determine the scope of the problem and how to solve it 

Instead, he went full conspiracy mode and did not fact check anything. 

If he is this careless with something like this, how terrible is he going to be in the VP spot? It's reckless. 

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:38 PM

I also notice there is no outcry about the 270,000 Ukrainian refugees we have taken in the last few years. 

Wed, Sep 18, 2024 6:58 PM
posted by geeblock

I also notice there is no outcry about the 270,000 Ukrainian refugees we have taken in the last few years. 

Have you brought this up before just now? If you or somebody else has, I really don't remember. Was it in this thread?

Wed, Sep 18, 2024 7:08 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

What annoys me most about JD Vance as it is his state. Yes, he said he took calls from people in Ohio, but he failed to follow up with anyone with Springfield. No phone calls, no reach to anyone with the city to verify or determine the scope of the problem and how to solve it 

Instead, he went full conspiracy mode and did not fact check anything. 

If he is this careless with something like this, how terrible is he going to be in the VP spot? It's reckless. 

I'm not going to disagree. 

But we should make up our minds just how important a VP is and how big we determine their role. Because you til now, I and others have been told that VPs aren't accountable for what a presidents administration does or does not do. 

I will make the first step and I will say that they definitely hold a good amount of sway. Not decisively making decisions overall, but definitely has some persuasive power. I guess it could be likened to "fair to middling".

As an aside, I'd bet most VP's spend a lot of time planning out what they would do differently  if something happened to their boss. That's kind of the whole point of being a VP. In the old European saying about royalty, titled peerage or large landowners "an heir and a spare", that's the plan - backup.

Then, if we can agree to that much, we can go in to argue or hash out the finer particulars. 

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 7:56 PM

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 8:32 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So an ABC whistleblower has signed an affidavit that Kamala was given the questions for the debate ahead of time?

Can this woman /ever/ stand on her own two feet???

This story isn’t aging well.

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 9:00 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

This story isn’t aging well.

I don’t know….. it’s getting kinda old

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 9:19 PM
posted by geeblock

I thought u said it passed

The senate versions were blocked by each side. Did you even read the article I posted above that detailed that?

When are you calling out the senate dems for squashing the Rs IVF bill?

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Sep 18, 2024 9:22 PM
posted by geeblock

Maybe stop watching libs of tik tok

After your X posts about the IVF bill and ignoring the fact that both sides have and are squashing IVF bills for political pandering…you really shouldn’t be pointing fingers at QO for his blatant bias news sourcing.  

Yours was almost as bad as libs of TikTok, just the other way. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login