NCAA Basketball 2023-24

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 8, 2024 11:16 PM

Final four was a snoozer. Purdue’s backcourt 11 points on 4-15 shooting. Not great. 

Women’s games were actually much more interesting. 

Mon, Apr 8, 2024 11:22 PM

Hurley literally stepped onto the court and lightly pushed his player where he wanted him to go and acts shocked when the refs call it. So obnoxious. 

Mon, Apr 8, 2024 11:25 PM

Give Edey the MVP anyways. 33 points.  No one else on his team did shit. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 9, 2024 12:10 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Give Edey the MVP anyways. 33 points.  No one else on his team did shit. 

37!

Tue, Apr 9, 2024 1:00 AM
posted by Ironman92

37!

Clingan was in foul trouble and I think UConn didn’t mind Edey getting his two points when they were also scoring equally well with a comfortable lead. UConn wasn’t letting anyone else on Purdue beat them. 

Edey was fun to watch. Sadly I don’t know that his style translates to the NBA. Last I saw he was projected to go late in first round. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 9, 2024 8:05 AM

We saw exactly why Edey will get dominated in the NBA. Clingan goes out, Hurley goes back to back PnR with Jonson and Newton — Edey not quick enough to show and recover, alley-oops. Hes the most dominant college player I have seen in awhile, but just doesn’t have it for nba. He couldn’t really move Clingan and that’s what he will get in NBA, but even better quickness and athleticism. 

We saw guards who will play in Europe, vs lottery picks tonight. Hurley said Edey will eat, but it’s going to be very tough for him, and no one else. Purdue’s guards not good enough to get open on their own, and can’t break down anyone 1v1. On flip side, UConn was able to do just that. 

Lastly, Hurley is incredible. He really draws up some masterful game plans and they are executed. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Apr 9, 2024 8:16 AM
posted by Laley23

We saw exactly why Edey will get dominated in the NBA. Clingan goes out, Hurley goes back to back PnR with Jonson and Newton — Edey not quick enough to show and recover, alley-oops. Hes the most dominant college player I have seen in awhile, but just doesn’t have it for nba. He couldn’t really move Clingan and that’s what he will get in NBA, but even better quickness and athleticism. 

We saw guards who will play in Europe, vs lottery picks tonight. Hurley said Edey will eat, but it’s going to be very tough for him, and no one else. Purdue’s guards not good enough to get open on their own, and can’t break down anyone 1v1. On flip side, UConn was able to do just that. 

Lastly, Hurley is incredible. He really draws up some masterful game plans and they are executed. 

But he’s on the floor, wearing out refs and nudging his player while on the court lol

Tue, Apr 9, 2024 1:31 PM
posted by Ironman92

But he’s on the floor, wearing out refs and nudging his player while on the court lol

Yeah, did not make K anymore less of a coach lol.

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Apr 9, 2024 3:16 PM
posted by Laley23

Yeah, did not make K anymore less of a coach lol.

Just making sure you noticed 😁

He’s an incredible coach

Tue, Apr 9, 2024 5:09 PM

Oh I notice. It drives me as nuts as Shaka does.

…but I must admit I missed the touching last night, and was mystified they called out of the coaches box on him. Then saw the replay, and laughed as hard as I have in a long time watching a sporting event. What on earth was he doing!??!! Llol

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 9, 2024 6:55 PM
posted by sportchampps

I’m reading he wanted the Ohio State job 

Bucks possibly dodged a bullet there. With Holtmann, they were able to pull off the "lose to a 14-15 seed in the first round" thing that's Calipari's specialty now. Ohio State would get a lot of buzz and a lot of pure talent one-and-done mercenaries and probably win a couple more games per year than Holtmann typically did, but I'd rather have a younger guy capable of adjusting/thriving with today's NIL and rampant transferring instead of an older guy whose recent results indicate he's becoming just another coach in that environment.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login