Commissioner

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 5, 2018 10:47 PM

You are the commissioner of the NFL, NBA and MLB for 1 week. You get to change 1 thing.....what are you changing/implementing?

You cannot relocate, ban or dissolve any current team unless they have been sub .500 for 5+ consecutive years and you cannot suspend or ban a player from the league unless they have a current case going.

NFL:

I wanna say something with defensive back and using their hands but always gonna be pushing the limits...I’ll go a strange direction. 3 punts per game (per team), 1 additional if game goes to OT

NBA:

Any Shooter that falls down without moderate contact to lower body will be fined $100,000 per offense. Other “flopping/flailing” can be fined as well

MLB:

Wildcard teams will be the #4 and #5 seed and play a best of 3 series. #4 seed will get the choice of hosting game 1 at home or hosting game 2 &3 but gsmes 2 & 3 are a day nigh DH ....thus guaranteeing each playoff town gets a home game...series a max of 3 days

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 5, 2018 11:32 PM

MLB: DH in both leagues.

NFL: No penalties for contact with helmet unless it is a late hit.

NBA: Everyone on the active roster has to play at least 8 minutes a game.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 5, 2018 11:36 PM

NFL:

Illegal contact is 5 yards but NO AUTOMATIC FIRST DOWN.

I dont believe in changing the integrity of the game like some want to do, in any of the sports.

MLB:

WC best of 3, no doubt about that.

NBA:

HARD CAP.  Too many exemptions is so retarded

NHL:

Mandatory they use the NHLers for the Olympics.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 8:18 AM

NFL: No more "spot foul" on pass interference where a guy can just chuck it deep and hope for contact.

MLB: DH in both leagues

NBA: Hard cap

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 10:05 AM

Oh many too many for each sport.

NFL: I'll let you all deal with the rules changes.  I would add another bye week and have the SB every presidents day weekend, so people have the day off after the SB.

MLB:  Get rid of divisions for each league and just take the top 4 in each. 

NBA:  Add a franchise tag, so smaller market teams can actually build on a future instead of seeing the stars they draft bolt for super teams. Also, just reduce the season to 61 games.  

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 10:59 AM

NFL: 2nd Bye Week, and have it correspond to your TNF game. Experimentally, no helmets during preseason. See what you hit and tackle properly.

MLB: Automated strike zones. Umpire is there to make the actual call, but it’s relayed from the system. Umpire still makes fair/foul, safe/out, or anything else behind plate.

NBA: Intentional fouls when player doesn’t have ball result in 1 FT and the ball. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 11:08 AM

MLB: Season is now 80 games and starts June 21st with playoffs over first week in October.

NFL: If your name is or ever was Roger Goodell, you have to start every day/meeting/draft/etc... you have to start that meeting by punching yourself in the face as hard as you can. Then a player HAS to kick you in the nuts. Then a fan gets to spit in your face.

NBA: If you're an offensive player and you initiate contact it's not a foul. IE Harden plowing into players and throwing his hands up acting like he's shooting will no longer be a foul. It's bullshit and I hate watching it.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 12:12 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

MLB: Season is now 80 games and starts June 21st with playoffs over first week in October.

NFL: If your name is or ever was Roger Goodell, you have to start every day/meeting/draft/etc... you have to start that meeting by punching yourself in the face as hard as you can. Then a player HAS to kick you in the nuts. Then a fan gets to spit in your face.

NBA: If you're an offensive player and you initiate contact it's not a foul. IE Harden plowing into players and throwing his hands up acting like he's shooting will no longer be a foul. It's bullshit and I hate watching it.

My fine for flailing will destroy Harden and improve the product on the floor

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 12:35 PM

MLB - DH in both leagues. I'd also force the Reds to change their name to Redlegs.

NFL - I like like_that's answer so I'll go with that.

NBA - DGAF, I only watch a couple games a year during the finals.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 12:44 PM

MLB: I'd want DH for both, so that it would be East/West conferences for schedule and playoffs.  This would probably also include adding two teams and moving two teams, so that it is even 16/16 per conference 

NFL: Agree with Laley on bye week prior to TNF 

NBA: Agree with all on flopping

Mon, Aug 6, 2018 12:53 PM
posted by justincredible

MLB - DH in both leagues. I'd also force the Reds to change their name to Redlegs.

NFL - I like like_that's answer so I'll go with that.

NBA - DGAF, I only watch a couple games a year during the finals.

Baseball is waaay too long and shouldn't start when it's still snowing in half of the cities. Also, GTFO with Nov baseball. Agreed with the DH in both. I'm not a DH fan, but it should be the same in both leagues. I also think Pitchers should be forced to hit in both. Aaaaand it's about time to standardize baseball stadiums as well.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 1:14 PM

Baseball is waaay too long and shouldn't start when it's still snowing in half of the cities. Also, GTFO with Nov baseball. Agreed with the DH in both. I'm not a DH fan, but it should be the same in both leagues. I also think Pitchers should be forced to hit in both. Aaaaand it's about time to standardize baseball stadiums as well.

Agree with this. I used to be a baseball fanatic but, as I got older, the long season just became boring and I haven't been nearly as engaged. They need to condense it but I doubt they ever do.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 1:16 PM

I would maybe scale back to 154 games.

Mon, Aug 6, 2018 1:25 PM
posted by justincredible

I could live with 100 games. Nice round number.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 1:28 PM

I could live with 100 games. Nice round number.

I'd be fine with this but, again, wishful thinking. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 1:36 PM

MLB - require each team to schedule at least one traditional double-header at home each season.

NFL - go back to pre-9/11 and keep the teams in the locker room until after the pregame (including the anthem) is completed. Take the field and kick the ball.

NBA - no opinion, I might watch the equivalent of one game per year 2-3 minutes at a time.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Mon, Aug 6, 2018 7:33 PM
posted by justincredible

That number actually makes sense 

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 7, 2018 12:29 AM
posted by Laley23

NFL: 2nd Bye Week, and have it correspond to your TNF game. Experimentally, no helmets during preseason. See what you hit and tackle properly.

MLB: Automated strike zones. Umpire is there to make the actual call, but it’s relayed from the system. Umpire still makes fair/foul, safe/out, or anything else behind plate.

NBA: Intentional fouls when player doesn’t have ball result in 1 FT and the ball. 

I have always said that there has to be a way for them to have teams do their BYE weeks the Sunday prior to their TNF game.

I remember when they had two byes per season.  I didnt really like it to be honest.  It only lasted a year or two.   Believe the teams, players and fans all pretty much hated the second one....I know I didnt like it.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login