2024 NFL Season Thread

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 5:25 PM

Moving on from the preseason thread.

Just saw that Love is expected to miss 3-6 weeks. Better than I thought it would be, but still sucks seeing a young QB miss time.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 5:44 PM

Yeah it sucks bad. Were a top contender in my guesses. Wife got him in fantasy so it’s now up to Justin Herbert

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 7:56 PM

Not sure what to think of the Browns. Top 3 roster but still the looming question at QB. Most national pundits have them buried in the cellar of the AFCN this year, as do I. Until Watson proves he's back, I'm not buying in. 

Last year was probably my most fun season as a fan until Flacco turned into a pumpkin against Houston.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 8:23 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not sure what to think of the Browns. Top 3 roster but still the looming question at QB. Most national pundits have them buried in the cellar of the AFCN this year, as do I. Until Watson proves he's back, I'm not buying in. 

Last year was probably my most fun season as a fan until Flacco turned into a pumpkin against Houston.

I have strong doubts of the Browns finishing last

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 9:24 PM
posted by Ironman92

To his point though, it’s all to do with how Watson does.  He gets hurt or he is mediocre and they have no chance.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 9:33 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

To his point though, it’s all to do with how Watson does.  He gets hurt or he is mediocre and they have no chance.

I think it’s he’s mediocre they do have a chance…if he’s bad they have little chance 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 8, 2024 11:22 AM

Tyreek Hill detained for a moving traffic violation on way to the game. Was in handcuffs on the ground for several minutes before being released. 

ESPN immediately jumping in baffled that it got to that, seemingly ignoring his extensive violent criminal history. Idk, maybe it got to that point because he made it get to that point? 

Sun, Sep 8, 2024 4:00 PM

Starting to think Burrow is overrated. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 8, 2024 4:11 PM

Week 1 Pittsburgh MVP: A tie between Chris Boswell for being their entire offense and Kirk Cousins for sucking enough to allow those field goals to be enough.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Sep 8, 2024 6:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

Compound a very bad offensive tackle situation/no running game with a QB who looks gun shy back there and you have my reasoning.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 8, 2024 9:08 PM

Lol

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 8, 2024 9:13 PM

Ugh….please let Puka be ok….I strongly suggested for my wife to grab him early

Heretic Son of the Sun
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 1:24 PM

Week One AFC North Eye Test:

Baltimore: Looks like they have in the past few years. Probably a good team, but not quite good enough to beat the best. Guess they didn't have Mark Andrews against KC, so his return should help, but they didn't show anything to make me think they're really any different this year than previously.

Pittsburgh: Won on the road. Against a bad team. In a game where they only could score via Boswell's leg and needed their defense to make sure field goals were enough. In other words, the same as the last few years. Looking forward to 9-8!

Cleveland: Looked bad, Watson looking like the worst trade/deal in league history. Getting Chubb back will help and it's not like they lost to a bad team (although getting dominated at home makes the loss worse than simply losing to Dallas), but I think I've read that Chubb won't be back for a while, so it might be too late by then.

Cincinnati: Looked very bad. Burrow might wind up in that class of "guys who should have been elite, but injuries..." and I doubt Mike Brown's "what, me pay?" attitude towards his support cast is going to help. Losing at home to one of 2023's worst teams is not a good look.

At least, the in-division games will be exciting in a train-wreck sort of way!

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 3:49 PM
posted by Heretic

Week One AFC North Eye Test:

Baltimore: Looks like they have in the past few years. Probably a good team, but not quite good enough to beat the best. Guess they didn't have Mark Andrews against KC, so his return should help, but they didn't show anything to make me think they're really any different this year than previously.

Pittsburgh: Won on the road. Against a bad team. In a game where they only could score via Boswell's leg and needed their defense to make sure field goals were enough. In other words, the same as the last few years. Looking forward to 9-8!

Cleveland: Looked bad, Watson looking like the worst trade/deal in league history. Getting Chubb back will help and it's not like they lost to a bad team (although getting dominated at home makes the loss worse than simply losing to Dallas), but I think I've read that Chubb won't be back for a while, so it might be too late by then.

Cincinnati: Looked very bad. Burrow might wind up in that class of "guys who should have been elite, but injuries..." and I doubt Mike Brown's "what, me pay?" attitude towards his support cast is going to help. Losing at home to one of 2023's worst teams is not a good look.

At least, the in-division games will be exciting in a train-wreck sort of way!

Browns are done already. Watson's body language wasn't "oh shit, this is a tough game." It was more like "oh shit, I thought I'd get it back but I've completely lost it (Pro Bowl form)." I don't even want to watch. Even if they fix the O-Line issues I still saw wide open receivers he wasn't seeing. By week 6 I'm waiting to see Myles Garrett "trade me to a contender" rumors.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 6:15 PM

Lol Jason Kelce in his first sentence on Monday night pregame said “this shirt fits alright in the stomach, I’ve lost a little weight….but my tits are struggling”

An actually lol

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:15 PM

Body cam footage released from Tyreek. He’s a moron, but one of the cops was being an asshat and escalated everything further. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 8:38 PM
posted by iclfan2

Body cam footage released from Tyreek. He’s a moron, but one of the cops was being an asshat and escalated everything further. 

Yeah that was crazy. Tyreke was dumb and obviously calling to get out of it but cops was too much….and when the one came and took him down when he was yelling “just had surgery on my knee”…what was that cop doing? What were they trying to get Tyreke to do.

A lot of damn cops for a traffic violation

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 10:01 PM

Jets D lookin’ ass. Reddick might have his leverage now. 

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 10:24 PM

Seems like every Monday I get to see videos of Raiders fans fighting each other or other fan bases or both. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 1:00 PM
posted by justincredible

Jets D lookin’ ass. Reddick might have his leverage now. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41207011/jets-saleh-0-1-aaron-rodgers-feels-better-1-0-23

Don't worry, Justin; have it on good authority that it's better to be 0-1 with Aaron Rodgers than 1-0 without him! All is well!

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 3:57 PM

I mean, I definitely feel a lot better about this season after one game than I did about last season after one game.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login