2020 Tribe Talk

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 10:33 AM

Anyone else think it's odd the 60 game schedule has them facing their division opponents 10x's each (not odd) and and 20 games against the NL Central ( a little odd)? The only reason I can see that NL schedule is because of geographic locations. Still a bit weird.

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 10:55 AM

Everything with this season is going to be a little weird. I can see the limiting travel part. I am happy to have baseball back.
GO TRIBE

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 11:44 AM

Only way to do it is to go inter league like that. If you play 20 vs the other 10 teams, you have 2 game series, and days where a team isn’t playing. This makes the most logical sense, with the restrictions they have on time etc.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 1:13 PM

With a normal 162 schedule, I would've predicted the Tribe to finish in 2nd or 3rd. This may sound odd, but with a condensed schedule, and more of a sense of urgency (along with Tito being the skipper), I think they have a legit shot at winning the division.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 8:01 PM

Problem is that JRam and Santana are slow to get the bats going 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 8:03 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Problem is that JRam and Santana are slow to get the bats going 

But maybe the warmer weather will be a factor. Hopefully.....

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 8:31 PM
posted by Laley23

Only way to do it is to go inter league like that. If you play 20 vs the other 10 teams, you have 2 game series, and days where a team isn’t playing. This makes the most logical sense, with the restrictions they have on time etc.

Have they said how the interleague schedule will work in terms of where the games are played? For example, will the Reds/Indians games be all in one city or 2 in each?

I would guess that the 10 games against divisional opponents will be 5 at each site, unless they do 5 game series that would create some 2 game series.

Fri, Jun 26, 2020 9:57 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Have they said how the interleague schedule will work in terms of where the games are played? For example, will the Reds/Indians games be all in one city or 2 in each?

I would guess that the 10 games against divisional opponents will be 5 at each site, unless they do 5 game series that would create some 2 game series.

I haven’t read anything about the schedule.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 26, 2020 9:59 PM

It’s probably for the west coast teams. 

Sat, Jun 27, 2020 5:05 PM

Seriously, now is the time to divide into four geographical divisions with universal DH:

NE, SE/South, MW/Plains, West

BRF Senior Member
Sat, Jun 27, 2020 5:09 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Seriously, now is the time to divide into four geographical divisions with universal DH:

NE, SE/South, MW/Plains, West

I agree.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 2:26 PM

With the Redskins likely changing their name soon, I see Cleveland Spiders is trending on twitter. Assuming the Indians follow suit, would you want them to go back to being the Spiders? If not that, what should they be called?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 2:37 PM
posted by justincredible

With the Redskins likely changing their name soon, I see Cleveland Spiders is trending on twitter. Assuming the Indians follow suit, would you want them to go back to being the Spiders? If not that, what should they be called?

Sure. At least they’ll have a logo instead of the stupid C (which is still better than the dumb cursive I they had).

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 3:05 PM
posted by justincredible

With the Redskins likely changing their name soon, I see Cleveland Spiders is trending on twitter. Assuming the Indians follow suit, would you want them to go back to being the Spiders? 

I'd like that
BRF Senior Member
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 3:17 PM

I would be sad. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by justincredible

The team made a statement this evening and it looks like that's the way it's trending. Should probably change it to "Snowflakes" or "Butt Hurt's."

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 9:55 PM

I didn’t even know the Indians were under pressure to change their name? Where is this coming from?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 10:16 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I didn’t even know the Indians were under pressure to change their name? Where is this coming from?

I think they are just getting a jump on the SJW's coming after them next. There have been protests about it in the past but typically about 2-3 people in front of the Jake. From what I've seen/heard, about 90%+ of Native Americans really don't give a shit and many consider it an honor.

This bullshit is spiraling out of control. I'm sure the KC Chiefs, Chicago BlackHawks, etc will be next. After that they gotta do the flip side and get the Dallas Cowboys because that symbolizes some form of "white power" over the Indians. 

My girlfriend's daughter's name is "Cheyenne." Just a matter of time before SJW's come after people's first names because they are "offended" (aka we're butt hurt).

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 10:40 PM

I saw the team's statement and it seems to me a name change is inevitable. I would be alright with Spiders since that was a previous nickname.
Here are some other nicknames I would like to see them consider:

Walleyes- tribute to Lake Erie fishing
Commodores- Tribute to Commodore Perry and 70's funk band
Muskateers- Similar to a Cavalier
Moon Dogs- Pays homage to Clevelands rock n roll heritage
Buzzards- Tribute to the birds returning to Hinckley in the spring and WMNS.
Laleys- Tribute to fans and it rolls off the tongue. GO LALEYS!
BRF's- See above. GO BRF'S!!

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 11:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I think they are just getting a jump on the SJW's coming after them next. There have been protests about it in the past but typically about 2-3 people in front of the Jake. From what I've seen/heard, about 90%+ of Native Americans really don't give a shit and many consider it an honor.

This bullshit is spiraling out of control. I'm sure the KC Chiefs, Chicago BlackHawks, etc will be next. After that they gotta do the flip side and get the Dallas Cowboys because that symbolizes some form of "white power" over the Indians. 

My girlfriend's daughter's name is "Cheyenne." Just a matter of time before SJW's come after people's first names because they are "offended" (aka we're butt hurt).

Link to 90% of native Americans not giving a shit and consider it an honor?

Sat, Jul 4, 2020 9:18 AM

Chief Wahoo had to go. Indian isn’t a racist term, just the wrong name given to a group of people by an idiot who though he was halfway around the world. That said, this isn’t surprising. The history with “Indians” and Cleveland will always link to the bright red, cartoon image, of Chief Wahoo — which doesn’t fly.

I’d be cool with Spiders because of the previous name. But wouldn’t hate a total rebrand with something really close to the area. I like the Commodores a lot actually. Tying in the War of 1812, Lake Erie and an Ohio legend all in one would be pretty slick. Tons of awesome logos could come out of it as well.

If not that, something tying them to Rock N Roll...?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login