2020 Reds Talk

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 2:13 PM
posted by Heretic

Honest question: Aren't you guys built more to make the playoffs now than in the future, with guys like Bauer and Castellanos on short-term deals? I mean, a situation where if ownership remains committed and aggressive, you'd remain in contention, but still, have a team that's designed to contend now. I mean, this is a weird year and all, but I don't know that I'd be wanting to stay pat and hope a guy whose been making questionable decisions for a year and 20 games or so suddenly stops making them while a team that's built to make a run is just sort of hovering on the periphery of the playoffs thanks to how they're expanded for this year.

This. 

Waiting to see how Bell fucks up another season is not smart. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 2:14 PM

I’m not going to be upset if he is fired, I don’t particularly like him as a manager. But I don’t think the Reds will fire him mid season so I’m not gonna get worked up over him still having the job. 

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 2:24 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That’s just insane  

You want to waste a year of so much talent when a lot of these guys aren’t signed long term? We’d lose 4-5 really good players this offseason, all so that we could see if bell is the guy? Spoiler alert: he’s not 

I’m not in charge so my opinion is worthless. 

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 2:33 PM

This season is total nonsense anyway. 

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 3:21 PM
posted by justincredible

I’m not in charge so my opinion is worthless. 

That’s stupid as shit..you can’t have an opinion because you don’t make the calls?

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 3:21 PM
posted by justincredible

I’m not going to be upset if he is fired, I don’t particularly like him as a manager. But I don’t think the Reds will fire him mid season so I’m not gonna get worked up over him still having the job. 

Reds losing doesn’t get you worked up? 

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 3:22 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Reds losing doesn’t get you worked up? 

No. Why let sports negatively effect you when you have no effect on the outcome?

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 3:23 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That’s stupid as shit..you can’t have an opinion because you don’t make the calls?

I’m sorry I have the wrong opinion, in your opinion. 

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 3:24 PM

We might need to move this thread to Serious Business.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 10:09 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Do you think David bell should be fired?

Feel like the DB hate in my head is a 10/10 but the DB hate on here is like a 5.5/10. Just curious where you fall

About a 9 for me. He sucks. Thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. But bats JVM as the DH in back to back games and he’s batting .063.

Has no feel for the game...just goes lefty/righty and stats be damned....the “stars” never get anything that might hurt their feelz

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 12:36 AM
posted by justincredible

No. Why let sports negatively effect you when you have no effect on the outcome?

Lol Wow. That’s such a fucking dumb thing to say. So you’re not a reds fan

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 12:37 AM
posted by justincredible

I’m sorry I have the wrong opinion, in your opinion. 

So your opinion is that fans of sports teams cannot have an opinion on their teams because they don’t make the actual decisions of the team? 

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 12:40 AM
posted by Ironman92

About a 9 for me. He sucks. Thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. But bats JVM as the DH in back to back games and he’s batting .063.

Has no feel for the game...just goes lefty/righty and stats be damned....the “stars” never get anything that might hurt their feelz

He has no “feel” for that game  I’m with you on that. Van Meter fucking stinks.  I legit hate the guy. He’s fucking TERRIBLE. The only thing he’s ever done that I liked was go after Clint hurdle, that’s about it.

Yet justin wants to see him finish the season because gee golly it’s just a game!!

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 23, 2020 1:41 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He has no “feel” for that game  I’m with you on that. Van Meter fucking stinks.  I legit hate the guy. He’s fucking TERRIBLE. The only thing he’s ever done that I liked was go after Clint hurdle, that’s about it.

Yet justin wants to see him finish the season because gee golly it’s just a game!!

Clint Hurdle is a goddamn Saint! Anyone who can take my team somewhere that ain't the basement of the division is more of a god than the one people worship. PROVE ME WRONG!

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 7:44 AM
posted by Heretic

Clint Hurdle is a goddamn Saint! Anyone who can take my team somewhere that ain't the basement of the division is more of a god than the one people worship. PROVE ME WRONG!

Clint was a bitch

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 23, 2020 9:00 AM

I liked when Clint turned purple

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 10:42 AM

I am sorry you disagree with my opinion, S&L. I don't watch every game so I don't have the day to day aggravation that you obviously do with Bell. I bet if I did I would be just as annoyed as you. I'm not as good of a fan as you, and that's fine with me. I also appreciate the necessary attacks on my opinion. I am stupid as shit, and uttered something fucking dumb, and for that I am deeply sorry. I look forward to engaging with you more on this topic for further insults.

I deal with anger issues as it is, why am I going to put myself through a situation where I'm going to get mad when I have literally no sway in the outcome? Insult me all you like, but I've got more important things to worry about. I'm sure this will generate another insult, but I'm done checking in on this thread. So congrats, you've chased me out of the Reds season thread. Enjoy the season.

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 11:19 AM
posted by justincredible

I am sorry you disagree with my opinion, S&L. I don't watch every game so I don't have the day to day aggravation that you obviously do with Bell. I bet if I did I would be just as annoyed as you. I'm not as good of a fan as you, and that's fine with me. I also appreciate the necessary attacks on my opinion. I am stupid as shit, and uttered something fucking dumb, and for that I am deeply sorry. I look forward to engaging with you more on this topic for further insults.

I deal with anger issues as it is, why am I going to put myself through a situation where I'm going to get mad when I have literally no sway in the outcome? Insult me all you like, but I've got more important things to worry about. I'm sure this will generate another insult, but I'm done checking in on this thread. So congrats, you've chased me out of the Reds season thread. Enjoy the season.

Lol you are the most sensitive human being on the planet 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 23, 2020 11:22 AM

I used to get upset about my teams. Now the anger/dissapointment lasts until I change the channel.

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 11:24 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lol you are the most sensitive human being on the planet 

It's just that I don't enjoy being berated on my own website by the resident asshole for having the wrong opinion. Carry on.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login