Belly's daily question? 05-11-2020

Belly35 Elderly Intellectual
10,015 posts 56 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 11, 2020 11:15 AM

Are you beginning to learn how to live without sports at all levels (high school, college, and professional)?

For me, it depends on the sport:

will miss college basketball could care less about the pros

need my fix of football at all levels ... need my football now... 

not really interested in baseball, golf, tennis, track, and racing... enjoy them all but as for really missing them not so much. 

OSH Kosh B'Gosh
4,424 posts 18 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 11, 2020 11:25 AM

I hate it. But, my livelihood has been soccer -- college coach for 8 years, elite amateur for 4 years.

It has absolutely sucked, every bit of it. My only hobby is watching soccer. My "other" jobs revolve around soccer (goalkeeper gloves, adult league, youth club). This is the longest I've been without a team since 2003-04 when I graduated HS and spent a lousy year in college before transferring and playing. I still played a lot of soccer then, mainly just indoor, but I've not been off the field this long since I was in 1st grade.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 11, 2020 6:34 PM

I watched the UFC 249 PPV this weekend and it was nice to get sports back. 

what I don’t understand is sports fans who say they don’t want to have sports come back or won’t watch if there are no fans. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, May 11, 2020 10:30 PM

Yea this sucks.  I compete as a marathon runner.  Albeit not elite, I have already missed one shot for a Boaton qualifier.   

gerb131 Senior Member
9,982 posts 25 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 11, 2020 11:34 PM

i miss the nhl and football. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 12, 2020 2:16 AM

I literally miss everything about sports at this point.  I miss golf, I miss NHL playoffs, I miss NBA playoffs, and I miss spring football.

As a CBJ season ticket holder I miss hockey the most right now. I am thankful for the UFC, NFL Draft and the Jordan documentary without those I may Have went nuts by now.

The worst part is I think this will end my soccer playing days. I’ve played for 32-33 years straight and I think after this I will retire the cleats. I think the longest I went without play with was like 9 months when I transferred from Rutgers to OU. Got burned out on soccer Freshmen year at Rutgers and it took me awhile to regain that fire. 

I have been thinking about going into coaching so it might be time to give back to the youth when this is over. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:03 AM

Really missing baseball right now. I watch most or a part of almost every Tribe game. It's great background noise while doing something else. Not having March madness sucked, but I missed the Master's more. NFL football would be the biggest thing I'd miss, with NCAAF being 3rd behind baseball. But shit, I watched the UFC, parts of NASCAR iRacing, and even live cornhole the other day, I will literally watch anything that comes back. NASCAR this Sunday with no fans and a smaller crew will be weird, but I'll be tuning in. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:21 AM

I don’t think basketball finishes the season. They don’t even have a plan they’re working towards. It’d be one thing if practice facilities were opening up and they said games would be played in Orlando/Vegas and here’s how it’s happening, for example. I don’t even think they have any of that going right now.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 12, 2020 10:28 AM

Missing the Penguins making an NHL playoff run, and missing the Indians and Pirates on the diamond.  Not seeing any golf is also a bummer.  Not missing the NBA.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 12, 2020 11:49 AM

Looks like baseball may have some issues.

Union is taking offense to the 50/50 split in revenues for the season. I am presuming they just want a pro rated part of their normal 2020 salaries.

Could be in for a battle...

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login