NBA '18/'19 Season

Classyposter58 Senior Member
6,458 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 10:16 PM

Shows you how important Durant really is to this team. Curry might very well have an all time game tonight the way he is playing. 

Not it a huge NBA guy but how can you hate the Warriors? Play completely as a team while being all star laden, seem like legitimately decent people off the court, and have a great coach in Steve Kerr

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 10:23 PM

^^^^^^ clueless..............again.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 10:36 PM
posted by Classyposter58

Shows you how important Durant really is to this team. Curry might very well have an all time game tonight the way he is playing. 

Not it a huge NBA guy but how can you hate the Warriors? Play completely as a team while being all star laden, seem like legitimately decent people off the court, and have a great coach in Steve Kerr

The way they play (minus the showboating and whining) is their only redeeming quality. They couldn’t beat LeBron, so they went out and got KD, in what was the biggest bitch move ever.

Then turn around and act like they were unbeatable all along. Just utterly ridiculous. Without KD this version has 1 injury infused championship. Yet because they win guys like Curry (who is great, but come on) get compared to the all timers. Like Jordan, LeBron, Duncan, etc. It’s stupid.

But the most unlikeable quality is their inability to take it. When they don’t get calls, they complain. When they miss shots, they pout. When the opposing team dances, they get pissed...as if they don’t do that every other game. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:25 PM

kawhi ready for this season to be over 

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:27 PM
posted by Laley23

The way they play (minus the showboating and whining) is their only redeeming quality. They couldn’t beat LeBron, so they went out and got KD, in what was the biggest bitch move ever.

Then turn around and act like they were unbeatable all along. Just utterly ridiculous. Without KD this version has 1 injury infused championship. Yet because they win guys like Curry (who is great, but come on) get compared to the all timers. Like Jordan, LeBron, Duncan, etc. It’s stupid.

But the most unlikeable quality is their inability to take it. When they don’t get calls, they complain. When they miss shots, they pout. When the opposing team dances, they get pissed...as if they don’t do that every other game. 

You don’t think Curry is an all time great? He’s the best three point shooter ever and a two time MVP. 

Also that problem is the NBA in general. The amount of whining for calls is absurd hence the crazy amount of techs

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:28 PM

GS ain’t losing. Sorry guys

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:29 PM

Whole ball clear? Don’t think so

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:38 PM

How the fuck did they lose that game. What a choke job.

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:39 PM

and what happened to Kawhi the final 2:30-3 minutes?? Scores ten points in like a minute then doesn’t do anything the rest of the game.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

and what happened to Kawhi the final 2:30-3 minutes?? Scores ten points in like a minute then doesn’t do anything the rest of the game.

Golden State has to win. Kawhi got them that lead and then they sucked. Klay drills open 3 and Toronto follows by missing wide open 3 to match.

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 11:54 PM
posted by Classyposter58

You don’t think Curry is an all time great? He’s the best three point shooter ever and a two time MVP. 

Also that problem is the NBA in general. The amount of whining for calls is absurd hence the crazy amount of techs

No. And if you think he is as good of a player as LeBron, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Duncan, etc you are crazy. At no point has he even been a top 5 player in the NBA, let alone all time. LeBron, Kobe, Paul, Durant and Wade are 5 off the top of my head when he entered league. 

LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis and Davis now.

LeBron, Durant in the middle and Kawhi was there. Plus George. I’d have to look, but there may have been a short period where I’d only take 3-4 guys ahead of him. But not a lot.

Tue, Jun 11, 2019 1:51 AM

https://www.espn.com/nba/video?gameId=401134819

On the final three Klay hit, not a single defender within fifteen feet of him the entire play. 

I wonder if Looney will be out for game six. Obviously he nor Durant should have played tonight. That's 15 points/30 minutes you lose out on. Warriors medical staff making some questionable decisions with those two. When Looney broke his collarbone or whatever it was they ruled him out for the rest of the year then out of nowhere had him back in game four and he looked miserable for that and the little he played in this game. With Durant, I thought they tried to have him practice Thursday then said he wasn't ready. Then they have him practice Sunday, sounded like it didn't go well but still have him play the next night and he (probably) tears his achilles in the second quarter. 

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 11:35 AM

SI reporting that Rich Paul approached an active NBA coach last month about being an assistant to Frank Vogel. That’s fucked up.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 12, 2019 8:34 PM
posted by Laley23

No. And if you think he is as good of a player as LeBron, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Duncan, etc you are crazy. At no point has he even been a top 5 player in the NBA, let alone all time. LeBron, Kobe, Paul, Durant and Wade are 5 off the top of my head when he entered league. 

LeBron, Durant in the middle and Kawhi was there. Plus George. I’d have to look, but there may have been a short period where I’d only take 3-4 guys ahead of him. But not a lot.

I can't stand the scrawny fucker, but he will go down as the greatest shooter of all time.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:42 PM
posted by Laley23

Why do you have Shaq and Duncan with those other guys lol that's garbage. Yes though Curry is as good as Duncan and Shaq as well as is better than Kawhi. 

He could be a 4x champ after this year, 2 MVPs, 3x NBA 1st team, while being about a 25-30 PPG guy from his 4th season as a point guard while having around 7 assists as well. Plus he and Klay revolutionized the game by showing a sharp shooting team could effectively dominate the league. He's easily one of the best guards ever, the guys shooting, dribbling and passing are unreal

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

SI reporting that Rich Paul approached an active NBA coach last month about being an assistant to Frank Vogel. That’s fucked up.

Wow wonder who it was. 

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:52 PM
posted by Automatik

I can't stand the scrawny fucker, but he will go down as the greatest shooter of all time.

I agree. Doesnt make him a top-25 player ever. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are 2 of the best ever as of now...neither is a top 50 player in NBA history.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 9:57 PM
posted by Classyposter58

Why do you have Shaq and Duncan with those other guys lol that's garbage. Yes though Curry is as good as Duncan and Shaq as well as is better than Kawhi. 

I'm not even going to bother with the second part...because you actually question why Shaq and Duncan would be listed? The best PF to ever play and arguably (imo, yes) the best C to ever play? If anything, Bird shouldn't be mentioned with them. Hes the only guy I threw out there that I don't think is the best to ever play their position. 

Anyway, Curry has time. But I gotta see him win and put up numbers with only Klay (or someone else). I'm probably in the minority, but I truly believe he and Klay wouldn't have won in 2015 without injuries, and then obviously they added KD after losing in 2016. He is a GREAT player. He isn't an All-Timer yet, imo. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 12, 2019 10:08 PM
posted by Laley23

I agree. Doesnt make him a top-25 player ever. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are 2 of the best ever as of now...neither is a top 50 player in NBA history.

Except he's already better and has surpassed them in titles, personal accolades and has a decent amount of time left. In time he'll obliterate the 3s record and it probably won't be touched ever.

But yeah, he won't make your arbitrary lists, 25, 50 whatever the fuck.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 10:41 PM
posted by Automatik

Except he's already better and has surpassed them in titles, personal accolades and has a decent amount of time left. In time he'll obliterate the 3s record and it probably won't be touched ever.

But yeah, he won't make your arbitrary lists, 25, 50 whatever the fuck.

Ever? Curry is 31, and has bad ankles. He is 2 years older than James Harden with a lot more stress/miles on his body. Harden may end up with 2 MVPs and a title or 2...and the 3PT record. 

Whatever record he sets, if it isn’t broken by someone in the league right now, it will be broken by someone in the next few classes.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login