Online Poker

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 2:39 PM

Is there a website that you can set up a Private table for you and your friends to play on for play money. I would love to set up a game for my mom and her poker friends from the senior citizen center.  They could play tourney style and just pay money after it’s all over. 

Anyone on here wanna play a game. If we get   enough players it could be fun.

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 2:47 PM

It sucks so bad that we can’t play on sites like PokerStars. Would love to be able to play some online poker again. A bit more on topic, it’s not a website but an app called pokerbros. I haven’t used it but got invited to play with friends last weekend. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 4:01 PM

I use poker stars. Had a tourney last night with 12 of my friends. 

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 10:32 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I use poker stars. Had a tourney last night with 12 of my friends. 

is it play money or does PokerStars take a cut of the pot

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 12:06 AM
posted by sportchampps

is it play money or does PokerStars take a cut of the pot

Play money. And then we settle payment outside of the app. 

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 1:45 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Play money. And then we settle payment outside of the app. 

Perfect. Can I ask how you create a private table or tourney for just your ftir

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 9:20 AM
posted by sportchampps

Perfect. Can I ask how you create a private table or tourney for just your ftir

From poker stars main lobby, click “home games” and create a poker club. The site will give you a club # and then you make a password. Give your friends/family those two things and they will click home games and join poker club. Soon as they’re in, you can create tournaments and they can register. 
Fyi-the site requires a minimum “buy-in” of 20k in free chips for every tournament. Think everyone is gifted 50k in free chips and you can “add” 15k in free chips every 3 hours. If anyone needs to add more, it cost like 3 bucks for about 750k in free chips so not a big deal if anyone runs out of free chips. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Apr 18, 2020 7:57 PM

Poker stars only works on a windows pc. If u want to play with your friends using phones I suggest pokerrr2, or pokerbros 

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 8:55 AM
posted by geeblock

Poker stars only works on a windows pc. If u want to play with your friends using phones I suggest pokerrr2, or pokerbros 

Not true

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 9:04 AM

It's weird poker sites are not allowed in the US yet, especially since online gambling is starting to open up in a lot of states. 

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 9:09 AM
posted by like_that

It's weird poker sites are not allowed in the US yet, especially since online gambling is starting to open up in a lot of states. 

It’s funny, the only friends of mine that can’t join our poker games are the ones that live in states where online poker is legal: PA and WA 

So they can only play the real money version of poker stars but can’t play the “free” version with fake chips. Makes no sense lol

One of them did find a work around though. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 9:26 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Not true

Which part? You can only play it on windows pc or Mac you can’t use it on your phone to play in a group. Doesn’t work with google chrome either. I didn’t include Mac in my previous statement if that’s what u meant. I meant to. 

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 10:24 AM
posted by geeblock

Which part? You can only play it on windows pc or Mac you can’t use it on your phone to play in a group. Doesn’t work with google chrome either. I didn’t include Mac in my previous statement if that’s what u meant. I meant to. 

Yeah the Mac part. 
They do have an app I heard. Said if you create an account from a web browser than you can use the app to play. But idk if that’s true or not. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 19, 2020 10:47 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah the Mac part. 
They do have an app I heard. Said if you create an account from a web browser than you can use the app to play. But idk if that’s true or not. 

That didn’t work for me but someone else said that to me as well 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login