Belly’s daily Questions? 04-21-2020

Belly35 Elderly Intellectual
10,015 posts 56 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:11 AM

I have two questions today.

The first question did you miss Belly’s daily question yesterday?

I had an emergency oral surgery yesterday, a tooth with a crown and root infection started on Saturday. The tooth cracked in half, needed to be pulled. I was not in the mood to come up with a question.

Second question: Laughing gas is great stuff. Have you ever had laughing gas at the dentist's visit?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:53 AM

Belly abandoned us to get high yesterday. 2020 is wild.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 9:24 AM

Belly I had the exact same procedure done in January.  Didnt use anything but a local on the tooth then had him rip it out.

Do what they tell you in rergards to keeping that clot in there.  You will be in pain for months if you lose it.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 10:27 AM

Yes

Yes

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 11:09 AM

Didn't notice the first; have had the latter (both medically and at parties...and, uh, from buying whipped cream) and it is the shit!

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 12:18 PM

Hope you’re feeling better, belly. 

Question for you: how did you make the arrangement to have your procedure, given the situation we are in these days?

Zunardo Senior Member
815 posts 15 reps Joined Nov 2010
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 1:40 PM
posted by justincredible

Belly abandoned us to get high yesterday. 2020 is wild.

After all the memes about "Hey, did you early this morning at 4:20 AM, you write the day .....", just shoot me now.

Never had laughing gas, never been offered it.  Had my first filling when was 8 or 9, and the dentist just gave me a novocain shot without making a big deal about it.  I'd had allergy shots for years, hated them, always painful.  Novocain?  Literally a pinch.  Been that way ever since.

Belly35 Elderly Intellectual
10,015 posts 56 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 3:55 PM
posted by BRF

Hope you’re feeling better, belly. 

Question for you: how did you make the arrangement to have your procedure, given the situation we are in these days?

Call my new dentist, who I haven't see in about a year. He remembered me, was in his office looked at my x-ray. Suggested one of two things happen. Broken tooth or root canal issue ... He called an oral surgeon, explained that the tooth should be removed. The oral surgeon office called me with an appointment time and I was in and out within 2 hours. Paperwork, insurance authorization took longer than the surgery. Great 20 minutes laughing gas, country music, comfortable chair and women around me..... good time.... pain was gone 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 21, 2020 4:10 PM

Missed your questions yesterday for sure

I hate the dentist because my childhood dentist was terrible. Now when I go for anything more then a cleaning I pay an extra $150 for oral sedation. I even had it to have a wisdom tooth removed. It was great pop the pill. Have someone drive me to the dentist. Start seeing double put on headphones. Go in have procedure done and get driven home. Wake up the next day and don’t remember anything. 

The funny part is when I had my wisdom tooth removed I went in a week later for a checkup. The girl at the counter was like sorry the oral sedation didn’t work very well for you. I was like it worked great. She was like oh when you were done you took a Gatorade chugged it and walked out like you were completely fine compared to most people the take out in a wheelchair bc their so messed up. I was like yeah don’t remember anything it was great.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login