Biden vs. Trump 2024

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 19, 2024 5:52 PM

Personally, I think the world is a more interesting and funny place when random whack-jobs set themselves on fire publicly to prove some sort of point.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 20, 2024 7:50 AM
posted by Heretic

Personally, I think the world is a more interesting and funny place when random whack-jobs set themselves on fire publicly to prove some sort of point.

Maybe the trend will catch on with the traffic blockers.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Apr 20, 2024 9:27 AM
posted by Heretic

That was a sad story.  There’s been a couple of these this year.  Seriously mentally disturbed individuals.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 20, 2024 1:38 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That was a sad story.  There’s been a couple of these this year.  Seriously mentally disturbed individuals.

Well, to be fair, people have been conditioned to welcome mental illness in favor of embracing diversity. Social media has made it a social contagion. Not sure if that can be rolled back in any meaningful way at this point. 

Sat, Apr 20, 2024 1:39 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Well, to be fair, people have been conditioned to welcome mental illness in favor of embracing diversity - and more importantly - inclusion. Social media has made it a social contagion. Not sure if that can be rolled back in any meaningful way at this point. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Apr 20, 2024 2:57 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, to be fair, people have been conditioned to welcome mental illness in favor of embracing diversity - and more importantly - inclusion. Social media has made it a social contagion. Not sure if that can be rolled back in any meaningful way at this point. 

Everything is six degrees of separation from dei at this point I guess lol 

Sat, Apr 20, 2024 8:11 PM
posted by geeblock

Everything is six degrees of separation from dei at this point I guess lol 

It's why we don't have enough (or in some areas, none) mental institutions to begin with. Long ago the idea caught fire to just prescribe & forget in an effort to normalize mental illness. 

Interestingly enough, that started being implemented right before the rise, and spike, of mass shootings. It was an overreaction to, at the time, of the deplorable practices and low funding of insane asylums.

The majority of the medical profession who advocated for the new practice of just scribing every mental patient came to regret it in hindsight. The ones still alive are ignored and sometimes shunned. 

We've seen something very familiar in the reactions to covid. It was over-reaction. Look at how doctors were censored and banned for even talking about medicines outside of big pharma's realm.

Here is one of the entrances to this rabbit hole, jump!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinstitutionalisation

Fri, May 3, 2024 12:14 PM

So I guess Trump was invited to the LP convention and he accepted. Not sure wtf they were thinking to invite him, though. My guess is that a lot of people will think that the LP is selling out. 

For myself, I would lean into their ideology much much more if they could nail down a better consensus amongst themselves. In fact, I would bet that a lot of people would jump ship out of the duopoly if the LP could manage to do that. But since they haven't progressed that much in this particular area people are unsure and largely ignorant. 

Perhaps the organizers are trying to expand their ideas using Trump as a free billboard. Perhaps they are trying to attract the politically homeless. Who the hell knows. 

But we can all probably agree that the corporate medias are most likely to organize with each other to relentlessly focus and attack the LP, which would put it further into shambles.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and this move will have the opposite effect.

Thoughts?

Wed, May 8, 2024 12:02 PM

So Biden's campaign has announced that from now on, his speeches will be short. They are saying that "less is more".

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 8, 2024 12:21 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So Biden's campaign has announced that from now on, his speeches will be short. They are saying that "less is more".

Code for: "The longer he talks, the more likely his mind will wander and random word salad will spew out".

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login