Poll: With the 1st pick of the 2018 NFL draft...

slingshot4ever Senior Member
4,535 posts 21 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 21, 2018 11:21 AM

Similar to me for Browns...you have the top pick.  Take your favorite QB and be done with it.  Each of these 4 has pros and cons to where I could see any of them being taken first.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Apr 21, 2018 1:20 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Which I really don’t get. Rosen is the most polished passer in this draft. His mechanics are flawless. To me he is the clear cut number 1 QB I really don’t get it. It’s almost similar to Aaron Rodgers. The outspoken cocky kid from Cali but when you put on the tape he is clearly the best qb. And doesn’t have accuracy problems or mechicanical issues or height and system issues 

It's the injury history. Two concussions, a shoulder and a knee injury are probably the reasons for this. With Rosen, you also need perfect pass protection because he takes sacks and isn't very mobile. Plus, some teams probably see him as a dick because he questions everything. This part, I don't see an issue with. 

If Mayfield were 2" taller and Rosen didn't have the injuries, they'd likely be 1a & 1b in this draft.

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Sat, Apr 21, 2018 1:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

It's the injury history. Two concussions, a shoulder and a knee injury are probably the reasons for this. With Rosen, you also need perfect pass protection because he takes sacks and isn't very mobile. Plus, some teams probably see him as a dick because he questions everything. This part, I don't see an issue with. 

If Mayfield were 2" taller and Rosen didn't have the injuries, they'd likely be 1a & 1b in this draft.

Honestly his injuries don’t bother me at all. The shoulder thing is a non issue. That was over a year ago and had no issue with it during the past season. The concussion thing as well doesn’t bother me. That’s football. 

wes_mantooth Tomfoolery & shenanigans
18,072 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 21, 2018 2:17 PM

JT Barrett....

Because we're the Browns.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 21, 2018 2:30 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Honestly his injuries don’t bother me at all. The shoulder thing is a non issue. That was over a year ago and had no issue with it during the past season. The concussion thing as well doesn’t bother me. That’s football. 

Dude come on..

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Sun, Apr 22, 2018 12:05 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Dude come on..

Mayfield had had concussions so has darnold. I don’t see it as an issue. Rosen also had an absolute terrible offensive line. I’ve said it before but I think Rosen is the best qb prospect since luck. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Apr 22, 2018 12:59 PM

I went with Darnold.  It's pretty crazy we are less than a week away and still have no idea.  Props to Dorsey for keeping it classified.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 24, 2018 11:19 AM

Darnold is the guy.

Kudos for the team floating out Mayfield is still in contention for the top pick.  Doubt anyone believes it but still points for trying to sway the conversation. 

The 1-31 browns, whom lady thinks is a team with a lot of talent, will hit a HR this week as they finally have a GM worth a clue.

Just keep the homeless guys away so they don't sway theirpick

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 26, 2018 11:25 AM

Local reporter reached out to  a local who coaches at Wyoming and asked what he has been hear in for allen.

Im  order of interest...browns,  bills and Broncos like him. With emphasis on buffalo.

Browns are doing fantastic at the troll game. They'll take darmold or Rosen 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login