NASCAR 2022

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 3:56 PM

I know most of y’all don’t give a shit about NASCAR, but in case anyone does, fake race at the LA Coliseum today. Super small track, but the heat races were cool. New car also. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 4:10 PM

What’s the lap distance?  Was there a big crowd?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 5:48 PM

1/4 mile. It looks like it will be pretty crowded, but time will tell

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 6:06 PM

My buddy used to date Angie Skinner (married to former NASCAR driver Mike Skinner) they have a talk show on Sirius XM radio.

She’s 50 and still smokin hot.

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 11, 2022 12:32 PM

Just got back from Daytona Beach a few days ago. We are not NASCAR fans, but to "switch it up" and get off of the beach for a while one day we went to the Speedway. They have a tram/walking tour that takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes ($25). Took us around the bottom of the track, through the pits, into Victory Lane, the stands, and the Finish Line. At the Finish Line everyone was encouraged to sign their name in marker on the white portion of the "checkers" that is painted there on the pavement. *The Finish Line is banked at 18 degrees, the turns are 31 degrees. The museum (no charge) is there too, some fascinating stuff, including the new generation cars. Inside the museum there is a section of asphalt that's banked at 31 degrees, it has hand rails and you can "walk" up and down it if you care to get the feel of it.

A very interesting tour.

/End of cool story.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Apr 13, 2022 10:12 AM
posted by Gardens35

Just got back from Daytona Beach a few days ago. We are not NASCAR fans, but to "switch it up" and get off of the beach for a while one day we went to the Speedway. They have a tram/walking tour that takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes ($25). Took us around the bottom of the track, through the pits, into Victory Lane, the stands, and the Finish Line. At the Finish Line everyone was encouraged to sign their name in marker on the white portion of the "checkers" that is painted there on the pavement. *The Finish Line is banked at 18 degrees, the turns are 31 degrees. The museum (no charge) is there too, some fascinating stuff, including the new generation cars. Inside the museum there is a section of asphalt that's banked at 31 degrees, it has hand rails and you can "walk" up and down it if you care to get the feel of it.

A very interesting tour.

/End of cool story.

I'm not a Nascar fan, but this sounds pretty cool.  I'll remember if I'm ever in Daytona.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login