Biden vs. Trump 2024

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 8:53 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

1. I asked you for several posts and you keep saying biologists say at conception, so if that is not your own view, then fine. But, you did not specify. You only have been quoting biology when I am asking for you as a citizen, your view. You are lecturing people on here. I'm trying to hone in on your view. 

2. I said look at the Texas law and get back to me. 

3. That's your reply? 

1. I answered multiple times whenever biology says it’s life, on one reply I said “conception, heartbeat, brainwaves, viability, birth, etc” and even pointed out that viability would be odd as that is subjective to current technology.  So yes, I absolutely answered the question and have repeatedly. If you missed it or ignored it that’s not on me. 

I have made my view crystal clear, my view on the what the law should be differs from what my personal belief in my own family would be.  

My view, again for the umteenth time, whenever the science behind biology decides that it is a human life, that should be the cut off as we are to protect human life except in dire circumstances. Like someone is harming you, someone has murdered someone and deserves the death penalty, etc. Except in some extreme circumstances we are not allowed, by US law, to purposefully take a life. So when science/biology determines where life begins at that point should be some pretty severe abortion restrictions with exceptions for life/death circumstances.

Ask me again and I will say the same thing for the 10th time if you like.

I don’t believe that my, or anyone else’s personal or religious beliefs should dictate when we can kill a human life. For that reason when biology confirms it’s a human life we can’t kill it except in some rare cases.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 8:55 PM

Well, depends on your definition of rare. I think we should work at reducing them, but the option should be there. That's the view of most Americans.

If it’s an option for all for any reason that is the opposite of rare, and you know this. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 8:57 PM

You keep saying that but do you jmog, believe it? Is that your own view? Life begins at conception? What do you believe and when do you think an abortion is acceptable? 

For the 11th time, my belief is irrelevant to what the law should be. Unless one wants to be a dictator that is never relevant.

I have said over and over again, except in rare cases, when life has been determined (by biology, not ptown, jmog, any religion, not even the mother) then we can’t kill it.

I don’t know when that is yet as I am not certain it has been proven to begin. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 9:00 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think what jmog is driving at is that biology, the medical science of it, has not yet set a specific day/date/period of when life begins. I would find it interesting to see that conclusion. If it ever happens. Po Tay Toe, Po Tah Toe.

For now, I'm rather enjoying watching two guys hash it out without any women (me) intruding too much.

Carry on.

Pretty much, when biology lays out that conclusion, our own political system says we can’t kill it after that date except in rare cases/situations.

You got it and understood just fine, not sure why ptown doesn’t….unless I’m right and he is just assuming what he wants to believe that I believe. I thought I had been quite clear.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 9:25 PM
posted by jmog

I’m the condescending asshole when ptown purposefully changes what I say? If that makes me the asshole then I will take that.

Anyone with a 4th grade reading comprehension level can see that I didn’t say what ptown said I “believed” so did he purposefully miss characterize what I said or not?

I said you’re not a condescending asshole, so don’t sound like one with that same stupid line.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 9:38 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I said you’re not a condescending asshole, so don’t sound like one with that same stupid line.

Good rule of thumb, don't purposefully miss characterize what people say to fit what you want them to, and they won't sound condescending afterwards in their reply back to you.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 16, 2024 9:57 PM
posted by jmog

For the 11th time, my belief is irrelevant to what the law should be. Unless one wants to be a dictator that is never relevant.

I have said over and over again, except in rare cases, when life has been determined (by biology, not ptown, jmog, any religion, not even the mother) then we can’t kill it.

I don’t know when that is yet as I am not certain it has been proven to begin. 

When setting policy and voting for policy, your view does matter, as does mine. I think you are using the biology question as an excuse and crutch to avoid answering the question. 

I understand you are deferring to an answer that we do not have now,which as a result, is not relevant to today's discussion. 

People around the country are debating and discussing the issue now.

For example, did you vote for or against Issue 1 here in Ohio? 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Apr 17, 2024 7:48 AM

When setting policy and voting for policy, your view does matter, as does mine. I think you are using the biology question as an excuse and crutch to avoid answering the question. 

I understand you are deferring to an answer that we do not have now,which as a result, is not relevant to today's discussion. 

People around the country are debating and discussing the issue now.

For example, did you vote for or against Issue 1 here in Ohio? 

So you go from purposefully miss characterizing what I said to fit your belief of what you think I said, to now Acting like you understood the whole time and accusing me of being disingenuous by using biology as a crutch?

Are you always this insufferable?

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2024 9:51 AM

People are still pushing Gavin Newsome for a dem presidency (replace Biden). The idea has escaped Twitter and is now being talked about and/or pushed on YouTube, Rumble and all the other social medias.

And dammit, I still hope it happens. Let the cup runneth over!

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2024 3:21 PM

Trump also pulled out of the Iran deal. Say what you want about it, but Iran is much closer to a nuclear weapon today than they would have been if the agreement was still in place. 

Nah Iran is just a little more out in the open about it.  Any concessions they can get from the West help move things along.

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Apr 18, 2024 3:27 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

People are still pushing Gavin Newsome for a dem presidency (replace Biden). The idea has escaped Twitter and is now being talked about and/or pushed on YouTube, Rumble and all the other social medias.

Not going to happen.  Too many people behind the scenes with a lot of power that would be lost.  Plus Gavin does not have an uncle that was shot down during WWII over New Guinea and devoured by cannibals. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2024 3:43 PM
posted by majorspark

Not going to happen.  Too many people behind the scenes with a lot of power that would be lost.  Plus Gavin does not have an uncle that was shot down during WWII over New Guinea and devoured by cannibals. 

Lol, I read about that. The last couple days have been GREAT for our two prospective "leaders". Biden with that story and Trump with some bizarre Gettysburg story where Robert E. Lee was very against fighting uphill "me boys". Combine them into one person and you might have 60% of a working brain. Might.

Thu, Apr 18, 2024 4:34 PM
posted by Heretic

Lol, I read about that. The last couple days have been GREAT for our two prospective "leaders". Biden with that story and Trump with some bizarre Gettysburg story where Robert E. Lee was very against fighting uphill "me boys". Combine them into one person and you might have 60% of a working brain. Might.

I've not heard either of those yet. I'll be looking them up for sure

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Apr 18, 2024 6:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Biden was elected to the US Senate in 1972 the same year I was born.  He feels the need to project hardships.  Trump on the other hand is confused by his recolction of  watching "Gods and Generals" Longstreet did not want to fight uphill and Picket fell off his horse and got back up wondering what happened to "his boys" and Lee failed. 

Thu, Apr 18, 2024 9:00 PM
posted by jmog

Good rule of thumb, don't purposefully miss characterize what people say to fit what you want them to, and they won't sound condescending afterwards in their reply back to you.

Or don’t say “be better” anymore.

Thu, Apr 18, 2024 9:04 PM
posted by majorspark

Biden was elected to the US Senate in 1972 the same year I was born.  He feels the need to project hardships.  Trump on the other hand is confused by his recolction of  watching "Gods and Generals" Longstreet did not want to fight uphill and Picket fell off his horse and got back up wondering what happened to "his boys" and Lee failed. 

He kind of had Robert E. Lee confused with an Irish pirate “Don’t fight uphill me boys.”

If I were managing Trump, I would strongly encourage him to stay away from historical subjects or most world events.  His knowledge of both is about as deep as a puddle.

Biden spending a lifetime chasing power in DC and going for this blue collar up-from-the-people thing is pathetic.  He should be working on a 50 piece puzzle in the day room.

Thu, Apr 18, 2024 9:24 PM

So Mike Johnson is commiting sati and Massie is not about it. He's calling out Johnson AND Schumer and I love it! This is a cspan vid and the audio quality is shit:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5113880/rep-thomas-massie-askled-speaker-johnson-resign

I'm wondering just how much this will play out for the upcoming elections. 

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Apr 18, 2024 9:38 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

He kind of had Robert E. Lee confused with an Irish pirate “Don’t fight uphill me boys.”

Respectfully disagree.  He had Lee confused with Longstreet and the "my" "me" confusion with Pickets quote from the movie was from the Irish sergeant on the Union side.
Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 19, 2024 12:51 PM
posted by majorspark
Respectfully disagree.  He had Lee confused with Longstreet and the "my" "me" confusion with Pickets quote from the movie was from the Irish sergeant on the Union side.

Well, as this election cycle has repeatedly shown, really old people do get random shit confused all the time.

Fri, Apr 19, 2024 4:37 PM
posted by Heretic

Well, as this election cycle has repeatedly shown, really old people do get random shit confused all the time.

Aye, never quote a film ye do not know me boys.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login