2024 Election thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 25, 2024 7:43 PM

Also, Trump trying to kill a Congressional deal on immigration and Ukraine/Israel funding is typical Trump.

Some Congressional Republicans are now likely to not approve any deal in immigration reform this year because it may help Biden. 

I guess if it such an important issue, why not work to fix it now? 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 25, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

If only the libertarians on here actually put their efforts toward findings those people instead of just complaining...

Is this you and forgot what you just posted earlier or are you just trying to be a jackass towards me?

Fri, Jan 26, 2024 6:46 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Is this you and forgot what you just posted earlier or are you just trying to be a jackass towards me?

The posters that are more libertarian on here would say they are not Republicans. 

So, I was referring to the parties. 

Fri, Jan 26, 2024 7:00 PM

lol

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 26, 2024 7:30 PM

If only the libertarians on here actually put their efforts toward findings those people instead of just complaining...

Maybe the libertarians don't believe in intimidating or shaming people into voting a certain way.  Must be what makes them right wingers.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jan 26, 2024 7:32 PM

Both parties caved.

If Democrats would have been more adamant that Biden serve only 1 term, we would be in a different place.

If Republicans would have stuck to their January 7th,  2021 statements instead of caving to Trump we would be in a different place. 

As a result, here we are. 

Why do you keep defending Biden?

Fri, Jan 26, 2024 7:36 PM
posted by gut

Maybe the libertarians don't believe in intimidating or shaming people into voting a certain way.  Must be what makes them right wingers.

Maybe if they actually tried to work toward a political solution instead of complaining, they could be taken seriously.

Fri, Jan 26, 2024 7:38 PM
posted by gut

Why do you keep defending Biden?

Not defending Biden at all. 

I see him as the lesser of two evils if given a choice between the two. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 26, 2024 7:51 PM

Because of words that they say or actual policy?  I get some of your points, but to a lot of people, the open border, absolute joke of a justice system in this country, and a terrible economy matter more. Apparently not enough of them though, as Biden will probably easily beat Trump in the general. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jan 27, 2024 11:37 AM

See - you're defending him.

And since it obviously sailed over your head, I was mocking you because that's EXACTLY what you do to almost everyone on this board that doesn't share your "moderate" view of the world.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 27, 2024 1:41 PM

Maybe if they actually tried to work toward a political solution instead of complaining, they could be taken seriously.

Libertarians for the most part want the government to play a very small very limited roll in people's lives.  Any "political" solution in today's world is not likely to end in their favor.  That is why terms like "gridlock" and "government shutdown" that you people wet your pants over are music to their ears.  Just be thankful they are just complaining because when that stops they will be taken quite seriously.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 27, 2024 2:28 PM

Also, Trump trying to kill a Congressional deal on immigration and Ukraine/Israel funding is typical Trump. 

I found this comment interesting.  The three issues mentioned.  All problematic issues during Trump but not close to the scale they are today.  But somehow Trump is the boogie man in all of this.  I have not looked at the details of this "deal" but in my life I have found most government deals to be quite shitty.

Trump approved lethal aid to Ukraine.  Dozens of Russian Wagner troops home from Syria in body bags.  Moved the US embassy to Jerusalem.  Cut off aid to the Palestinians.  The Abraham accords.  Your fears are media driven.  You do not need to be a Trump fan to recognize this.  

Sat, Jan 27, 2024 5:46 PM
posted by majorspark

I found this comment interesting.  The three issues mentioned.  All problematic issues during Trump but not close to the scale they are today.  But somehow Trump is the boogie man in all of this.  I have not looked at the details of this "deal" but in my life I have found most government deals to be quite shitty.

Trump approved lethal aid to Ukraine.  Dozens of Russian Wagner troops home from Syria in body bags.  Moved the US embassy to Jerusalem.  Cut off aid to the Palestinians.  The Abraham accords.  Your fears are media driven.  You do not need to be a Trump fan to recognize this.  

Biden doesn’t need Congress to deal with the border. He created the problems, it’s on him. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 28, 2024 6:36 PM
posted by iclfan2

Because of words that they say or actual policy?  I get some of your points, but to a lot of people, the open border, absolute joke of a justice system in this country, and a terrible economy matter more. Apparently not enough of them though, as Biden will probably easily beat Trump in the general. 

Open boarder was problem under Trump and Biden, justice system was dysfunctional under both, economy not strong under both.  So where is the obvious choice?  I don’t see it at all.

Sun, Jan 28, 2024 6:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Open boarder was problem under Trump and Biden, justice system was dysfunctional under both, economy not strong under both.  So where is the obvious choice?  I don’t see it at all.

Well one (party) at least cares about all 3 of those, the other might care about the economy. And I’m not sure what you are comparing, not only has Biden done nothing to stop the mass amount of illegal immigration, he actively does things to open it more. Trying to send border patrol to cut down barbed wire? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jan 29, 2024 12:21 PM
posted by iclfan2

Well one (party) at least cares about all 3 of those, the other might care about the economy. And I’m not sure what you are comparing, not only has Biden done nothing to stop the mass amount of illegal immigration, he actively does things to open it more. Trying to send border patrol to cut down barbed wire? 

Neither party cares about anything more than what resonates with its followers.  Furthermore, neither Trump nor Biden care about principles behind any of those  three things either.  Both care about saying and doing whatever they need to do in order to get elected.  Nothing more.

Mon, Jan 29, 2024 9:07 PM

The shitlibs have the tendency to never let their team be accountable for anything anymore. They used to be able to bitch about their team, but ever since Trump they no longer allow themselves to be blatantly critical of their chosen party. Maybe that's because they fear other shitlibs calling their criticisms as right wing, then that forces them to behave like somebody slapped their mother. 

I mean, just look at how ptown reacts to any of my replies to him lol

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login