It doesn’t even sound real lol

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 29, 2023 12:38 AM
posted by Ironman92

Hey friendfromlowry…. This stat is tremendous 

The Diamondbacks have won a game more recently than the Pistons

It doesn’t even sound real lol

Yeah that’s a popular one. It’s probably been a full two months.

They were up 19 at halftime tonight, and then scored was tied going into the 4th. Ended up losing in overtime. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Yeah that’s a popular one. It’s probably been a full two months.

They were up 19 at halftime tonight, and then scored was tied going into the 4th. Ended up losing in overtime. 

My son was giving me updates….he was watching updates closely

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Dec 29, 2023 8:53 PM

I play the immaculate grid everyday….I rock the baseball one and always play the basketball and football ones but am not good, usually only get about 5 or 6….on basketball today it was Atlanta Hawks and Hall of Fame….as I go easy and say Dominique I then check all possible answers and see Tracy McGrady??? Now I know he was incredible for some years and about a 7-8x all-star….but he never even hit 20,000 points. I just don’t remember him being inducted.

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 9:08 PM

Everyone and their brother gets into the basketball hall of fame. You’re probably in there.

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Dec 29, 2023 9:15 PM

Everyone and their brother gets into the basketball hall of fame. You’re probably in there.

Lol you’ve never seen me dribble

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 29, 2023 10:27 PM

Man, T-Mac was short stint, but he was a HOFer. Best 2-guard for a 5 year stretch. Though Kobe has an argument. Probably a top-25 all time PEAK.

He was an unreal scorer, maybe the best we had seen up until that point. Just seemed effortless for him to get a shot off anywhere — KD before KD. 

If he played now, in the advanced stats era, he’d be regarded a lot higher also. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Dec 29, 2023 11:07 PM
posted by Laley23

Man, T-Mac was short stint, but he was a HOFer. Best 2-guard for a 5 year stretch. Though Kobe has an argument. Probably a top-25 all time PEAK.

He was an unreal scorer, maybe the best we had seen up until that point. Just seemed effortless for him to get a shot off anywhere — KD before KD. 

If he played now, in the advanced stats era, he’d be regarded a lot higher also. 

Never a top 3 MVP (if I read it correctly) only a 2x 1st team all-NBA. Never had a season after age 28 where he scored 16 ppg….and only 1 where he was double digits ppg.

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 8:09 AM

He should’ve won MVP once and been second another time. And probably 3rd another. Like I said, he was too early for appreciation.

Got hurt in his prime and never recovered. He was better, for longer, than Grant Hill. But no one questions that because Grant was successful at Duke also. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2023 11:55 AM
posted by Laley23

He should’ve won MVP once and been second another time. And probably 3rd another. Like I said, he was too early for appreciation.

Got hurt in his prime and never recovered. He was better, for longer, than Grant Hill. But no one questions that because Grant was successful at Duke also. 

I wouldn’t have Grant in the Hall for his NBA career (and Grant Hill is one of my all-time favorites)

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 1:49 PM
posted by Ironman92

I wouldn’t have Grant in the Hall for his NBA career (and Grant Hill is one of my all-time favorites)

I think baseball is way too strict. Not that everyone should be in like basketball who lets too many in cause they count HS, College, International, NBA, and post NBA accolades (like Dumars as GM, coaches, etc.).

But you absolutely cannot tell the history of the NBA without T-Mac and Grant Hill — which to me is the main reason to put someone on the pedestal of HOF.

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 2:23 PM

Toronto, who plays Detroit in a few hours, just traded a couple guys to NY Knicks. Come on Detroit, this was already a good chance for you, and it just got slightly easier. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2023 2:23 PM

I could tell the history of baseball without mentioning Jim Kaat

I do agree that basketball is too easy…counting college success really seems silly to me….and baseball is a bit too difficult. I don’t think football is the best either.

McGrady feels like a borderline either way HOF type…not a lock to me. I’m surprised he’s in and after delving into his stats I’m really not any more convinced. At his peak he was a HOF type for sure, just don’t know how long that needs to last.

And in today’s game of fake stats it’s hard to tell what his numbers would be.

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 3:53 PM

I’m also impressionable, T-Mac was n my early teens/formidable years. Very nostalgic looking back. But I probably watch his 13 points in 33 seconds every year. I will never forget watching that game live with friends while playing poker in high school. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2023 4:45 PM
posted by Laley23

I’m also impressionable, T-Mac was n my early teens/formidable years. Very nostalgic looking back. But I probably watch his 13 points in 33 seconds every year. I will never forget watching that game live with friends while playing poker in high school. 

Maybe the craziest thing I’ve ever seen in the NBA

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Dec 31, 2023 3:51 AM
posted by Heretic

So, now that their losing streak is at 25 games, I guess it's time to have a fun discussion about the Detroit Pistons.

Namely:

1. Will they ever win another game? If so, who will be the utterly humiliated victim? I thought Utah, playing without half their team, would be as good a chance as they have, but they lost that one.

2. When the season is over, where will they rank as far as Worst Pro Sports Teams Of All Time? Looks like in 2011-12, Charlotte was 7-59 in a lockout shortened year. Detroit would have to pick up the pace to hit that win percentage!

Have you seen that lineup?! Wow!!!

Thu, Jan 4, 2024 1:02 PM

A team with Lebron on it isn’t happy with the head coach. How shocking. 

Thu, Jan 4, 2024 4:53 PM

A team with Lebron on it isn’t happy with the head coach. How shocking. 

You know, it gets nauseating cause its so often. But he also hasn't been incorrect yet. 

I would argue Vogel, but that guys defensive intensity and mindset doesn't really last in the NBA more than a few seasons before grown men tune you out.

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Jan 4, 2024 5:04 PM
posted by Laley23

You know, it gets nauseating cause its so often. But he also hasn't been incorrect yet. 

I would argue Vogel, but that guys defensive intensity and mindset doesn't really last in the NBA more than a few seasons before grown men tune you out.

And it could easily becoming less and less time of going with coaches like that.

141-136 baby! Everyone has teh statz and nobody has to play hard on defense much.

Thu, Jan 4, 2024 8:38 PM
posted by Laley23

The Ham stuff seems premature. They were the hottest team in the league the second half of last season before losing to the eventual champs. They just won the in-season tournament last month which players seemed to care about. Now they’re on a rough stretch and there’s disconnect which has always been code for Lebron and his team want someone else. And to no surprise it’s also right before the trade deadline so half these guys better watch their backs. 

I am curious to who the replacement would be. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login