Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 12:01 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Saw that.  Very sad the Stones caved.  Morons are incapable of understanding the nuance of Brown Sugar.  Probably the same crowd that listens to rappers talk about murder, rape, n-word etc.  

Luckily the Stones are celebs, so they won't be cancelled out of existence by the fascists. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 1:50 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Luckily the Stones are celebs, so they won't be cancelled out of existence by the fascists. 

Don't tell that to JK Rowling.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 2:19 PM

Don't tell that to JK Rowling.  

Is she actually "cancelled", though? Her books are still available and new Harry Potter stuff is still being created, regardless of how much Twitter Bitches are bitching about her opinions. I mean, they can bitch 24/7 and all-caps type "CANCELLED!!!!" and whatever, but as long as she wants to write, has any method to publishing what she writes and has any sort of audience willing to read what she writes, no number of angry online voices are going to actually matter.

Today on Barstool, Jerry Thornton wrote a pretty good dealie about Dave Chappelle and how the same "try to cancel" brigade is doomed to failure as far as he's concerned. Some trans people are upset about his new special and a few that work for Netflix are doing a walk-out or something along those lines in protest of Netflix's promotion of his stuff. The basic gist of it all was that while those people are well within their rights to decide they don't agree with something and want to protest it, when push comes to shove, they're easily replaceable cogs in a corporation's machine, while a guy like Chappelle makes millions upon millions for them and is the sort of talent that's not going to be dumped over hurt feelz as long as that money is coming in. Could say the same for Spotify/Joe Rogan or the continued existence and success of Barstool itself.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 5:10 PM

We all know he will be portrayed as a victim in all this and racism will somehow be invoked.  It’s 2021 after all.  

Will BLM get involved?  

Found boogies Twitter lol 3 degrees of BLM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 5:36 PM

Carl Nassib - the NFL's first openly gay player, and a free agent SIGNED by Gruden - "took a personal day" today because.....because his HC was fired for being a bigot?!?

Do people ever know when to just shut up and take the W?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 5:45 PM
posted by gut

Your post immediately above this one said I was "flat wrong" about unvaccinated not being a threat.  I'd try to explain to you how unvaccinated people create threat/risk that aren't directly related to actually giving you Covid, but I have my doubts you're capable of comprehending the logic. 

And the above post is, I believe, an ad hominem attack, unprovoked before I had even directed a post at you.  Then you start with your usual intellectual dishonest tricks of strawman arguments and moving the goal posts, and whine like a bitch when you get called on it. 

Also, viral load =/= contagiousness/transmissibility.  I suspect you know better, but I think we give you too much credit.  You don't understand basic facts, and that's what makes you a hack not worth engaging.

Your last paragraph once again shows you are full of shit.

That is literally how they determine who is more contagious. Plenty of articles out there about this, google it. First paper that comes up when you google transmission vs viral load, plus a multitude of others.

Here's a paper that uses empirical statistical data as well as mathematical models to predict it and gives a viral load threashold before a person is considered "contagious".

Care to refute?

https://elifesciences.org/articles/63537 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 5:54 PM
posted by jmog

Your last paragraph once again shows you are full of shit.

That is literally how they determine who is more contagious. Plenty of articles out there about this, google it. First paper that comes up when you google transmission vs viral load, plus a multitude of others.

Here's a paper that uses empirical statistical data as well as mathematical models to predict it and gives a viral load threashold before a person is considered "contagious".

Care to refute?

https://elifesciences.org/articles/63537 

This proves nothing.  Viral load is only one factor in contagiousness when comparing different variants.  Can you even Google, bro?

Stop.  Just stop.  You DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 6:03 PM
posted by gut

This proves nothing.  Viral load is only one factor in contagiousness when comparing different variants.  Can you even Google, bro?

Stop.  Just stop.  You DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about. 

Your last line is rather ironic, don't you think...a little tooooo ironic, yeah I really do think.

Show that viral load isn't directly proportional or directly related to transmissibility to counter my claim or just admit you were wrong.

Its rather easy.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 15, 2021 8:09 PM

Anyone following the Loudon school stuff? They let some dumbass 14 year old assault people and never reported it. Bc it’s a tranny. Sorry ptown 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, Oct 15, 2021 9:19 PM
posted by iclfan2

Anyone following the Loudon school stuff? They let some dumbass 14 year old assault people and never reported it. Bc it’s a tranny. Sorry ptown 

Yea now its criminal.  

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 15, 2021 9:53 PM
posted by jmog

Show that viral load isn't directly proportional or directly related to transmissibility to counter my claim or just admit you were wrong.

LMFAO.  I never said viral load isn't correlated with transmission.  It's not the only factor.  Look it up.  Viral load is not the measure of the contagiousness of a disease, the R0 is.  That's really fucking basic, guy.

And for the record, my first response to you was disagreeing that the unvaccinated don't threaten the vaccinated.  I was not commenting on viral load but mutations and increased transmissibility.  That's all I've said, and I'm not wrong.  This whole viral load bullshit is your own strawmen argument.  But go ahead and continue refuting stuff I never argued and calling me an idiot.  Or maybe learn some basic reading comprehension.

Now why don't you get back to that SS model you lied about building trying your damnest to back into a number that you obviously pulled out of your ass. 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Oct 15, 2021 10:08 PM
posted by gut

LMFAO.  I never said viral load isn't correlated with transmission.  It's not the only factor.  Look it up.  Viral load is not the measure of the contagiousness of a disease, the R0 is.  That's really fucking basic, guy.

And for the record, my first response to you was disagreeing that the unvaccinated don't threaten the vaccinated.  I was not commenting on viral load but mutations and increased transmissibility.  That's all I've said, and I'm not wrong.  This whole viral load bullshit is your own strawmen argument.  But go ahead and continue refuting stuff I never argued and calling me an idiot.  Or maybe learn some basic reading comprehension.

Now why don't you get back to that SS model you lied about building trying your damnest to back into a number that you obviously pulled out of your ass. 

Social security model? Are you fucking insane?

A simple calculation that you learn how to do in high school algebra isn’t really a model.

Do you even think before you post this bull shit?

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 12:24 AM
posted by jmog

Social security model? Are you fucking insane?

A simple calculation that you learn how to do in high school algebra isn’t really a model.

I forget which thread, but at some point you said you had a model that showed someone making $20 per hour will contribute $600k+ in their lifetime. You really need a vacation for your constant lies and intellectual dishonesty.

And you are 100% wrong.  You said you had the math to prove it.  Show me.  I know no historical based assumptions can get you close to that $600k number, even someone starting a 45 yr career today at $20 per hour.  The math is indeed simple, but apparently not for you.

You then said you I moved the goalposts by stating it in 2021 dollars.  It is common in intergenerational economic research to inflate/deflate everything to a base year.  You don't have training in economics, so it's understandable you don't know this.  You could have just admitted you pulled the number out of your ass, but instead you continue to try to justify that you aren't ignorant when you clearly are. 

Besides that, there's no way to come near $650k, even if someone starts a 45 year career today at $20 per hour (which CLEARLY was not the context of your original comment).  There's a host of bad assumptions there that you're completely oblivious to because you clearly have no education or training in this discipline.  I'm sure you can build a model, but you lack the expertise to make good assumptions.

And you never said "starting at $20 per hour".  You said MAKING $20 per hour.  And, presumably, you meant a typical first line worker, a.k.a blue collar middle class.  Because to claim you were talking about a future CFO starting at the bottom would be anecdotal, and a jackass comment to make.

Go Google this:  Manufacturing wages tend to be above average relative to other industries.  The median hourly worker in manufacturing is approximately 44 years old.  The average manufacturing wage is currently about $23 per hour.  Manufacturing wages tend to reach top payscale after 3-6 years, and then annual COLA increases thereafter. Real middle class wages have been essentially flat the past 35 years. Try to model that and get anywhere near $650k. 

Believe it or not, that all does reduce to a pretty simple model, which works out to @ the $250k I said.  That's the relevant, comparable number.  Easy math, just clearly way over your head because you got buried in assumptions you weren't equipped to make.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 12:29 AM

"Someone making $20hr will contribute $600k in 45 years with  their employers numbers too."

That's the quote from what you actually said, the first time.  Not several posts later when you started moving the goal posts to claim you meant someone just starting their career (despite the fact the context was a twitter poster who's 40 years old and been in the 90-95 percentile of earners, or relative to this board with a similar average age).

And you're STILL wrong if you know what realistic assumptions actually are.  At 2.5% annual inflation (average the last 35 years is a little less than that), you're mythological person starting at $20 per hour today (which isn't an actual starting hourly wage, but your ignorance knows no bounds) still won't hit $500k, even without discounting to 2021 dollars.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 12:43 AM
posted by jmog

Anyway, can I assume by ignoring the question that you tacitly admit that viral load is not the same as transmissibility? 

I think shorter posts confined to a single, simple question are probably much more effective with you.

Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 AM
posted by gut

Anyway, can I assume by ignoring the question that you tacitly admit that viral load is not the same as transmissibility? 

I think shorter posts confined to a single, simple question are probably much more effective with you.

Peter North was famous for his viral load.  

Tue, Oct 19, 2021 1:40 PM

This is a pretty good read.  A kid at Oberlin was triggered by cisgender male construction workers making a scheduled stop to his dorm room to replace a radiator.  WARNING: the suffering he has endured is difficult to read about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10104329/College-student-mocked-complaining-cisgender-men-installed-radiators-room.html

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 2:14 PM

This is a pretty good read.  A kid at Oberlin was triggered by cisgender male construction workers making a scheduled stop to his dorm room to replace a radiator.  WARNING: the suffering he has endured is difficult to read about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10104329/College-student-mocked-complaining-cisgender-men-installed-radiators-room.html

I just read that, it was a hilarious read. I was laughing the whole time.

What is the kid going to do when real life hits him and the cable company gives him a 7 hour window "we'll be there sometimes between 8 am and 3 pm" and its a big burly bearded guy walks in.  

Tue, Oct 19, 2021 3:19 PM
posted by jmog

I just read that, it was a hilarious read. I was laughing the whole time.

What is the kid going to do when real life hits him and the cable company gives him a 7 hour window "we'll be there sometimes between 8 am and 3 pm" and its a big burly bearded guy walks in.  

His entire life will be spent in a triggered state.  His describing that anxiety he felt when the "cisgender male" workmen arrived at the door was great.  Of course in the midst of all that terror of knowing they were at his door, he still made clear that he located and put on his mask.  Even in a scared and triggered state, Covid can strike!!!

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 3:38 PM

How does one live like this?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login