I 92 turns 50 Baseball Trip…Help Me Out

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 27, 2024 2:46 PM

Home

Chicago: great great city, red line was an experience to Wrigley. Wrigley was great outside but a bit disappointing inside. It was neat, cool and a must for baseball fans. Not allowed to go check out the bleachers???? Jesus man, national security. 

Concessions were an F lol. WTF? We had THE loudest most annoying fan right behind us and goofy ass people in front of us. The first 3 innings we just sat there in disbelief as that guy behind us sounded like Gilbert Gottfried purposefully trying to scare people when he started talking….and he rarely stopped. He was an absolute blood pressure raiser. 24 years old and knew everything but Holy Fuck I’ve been to 100+ mlb games and this guy was 5x worse than any fan I’ve ever heard. People in front were irritating too.

I did like they replayed most everything on the scoreboard and fans stood up and cheered every time someone got into scoring position.

Great surprise: Architectural Tour on the boat….wow, we loved that! A must do.

Kansas City….hit Joe’s original and glad we got to try that. Lol at the stadium area. Just a million acre parking lot. We walked 5 min to stadium so no fighting that. Inside Kauffman was great. I loved it. Very chill atmosphere and the OF viewing areas behind the waterfalls was nice. Loved that view all game from our LF side seats about 10 rows off field. Concession, in house HOF for free, stadium entertainment was all very good. I really enjoyed it all.

Busch….yes sir, nearly perfect inside and out. A better hug game atmosphere potential than KC. A mess of places most fans couldn’t go as private parties, reserved etc but could view everything. The 4th deck blew my mind with how fan friendly it was all around the concourse! Like an outside the stadium party on thr 4th level inside. Saw Goldschmidt’s 2000th career hit.

Travel….my wife knocked all 3 hotels out of the park and perfectly coordinated all of this. Zero fighting any parking coming or going. We will be staying at Drury Hoteks when we get the chance. Cannot believe the amenities for that price. Driving central and northern Indiana and most all of Illinois sucked. Jesus Illinois is Indiana except a huge worldly city in the northeastern corner. Never knew that of Illinois. Missouri felt like Ohio, a bit less sparse but looked like traveling in southern Ohio on Rt 35.

Filled up 16 gallons in Kansas City and made it to the far western edge of Ohio before needing gas lol. Drove entirely through Missouri, Illinois and Indiana west to east on a tank. No electric car for me anytime soon.

Laley’s advice was spot on. Thank you

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 28, 2024 9:08 AM

I try to go to a Pacers game every year but that drive is brutal. I think I70 from Indianapolis to the Ohio border is two lanes the whole time. 

We went to Rupp Arena yesterday for my daughter‘s cheer competition. I wouldn’t mind going back there in a few months for a game. 

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 28, 2024 12:53 PM

Glad you didn’t architechual boat tour. Probably the best thing Chicago has to offer. Usually do it every other year.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login