2024 NCAA Football Thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2024 3:23 PM

So, the whole Coach Prime thing is now starting to feel like a wacky sitcom where you expect something to happen near the end of every half hour to set up some sort of life lesson.

You have one of the dudes who supposedly was encouraged to transfer out, but stayed for last year and then left saying that Coach Prime wasn't exactly cool to him on social media. Which was followed by Shedeur (older son, high-ranked NFL draft prospect at QB) firing back that he didn't even remember him so he must have been mid. Leading to various players on and off Colorado making fun of each others' stats. Which Prime got in on, too, for some reason...apparently dunking on low-level college players is a good way to recover from 4-8 seasons. Which led to some random Twitter account getting in a great line, calling him "Lavar Ball with a headset".

To me -- just hilarious. Things like "disgruntled former player has something to say" happen all the time and, unless actual wrong-doing was involved, disappears as soon as it appears. But Shedeur couldn't let it go and started up a hilarious firestorm of random football guys insulting each other AND the team's head coach, instead of being a voice of reason, just decided to add fuel to the fire.

Even funnier: The potential they have to at least slightly lower Shedeur's draft stock with this dumbassery. I mean, while not on his level, Spencer Rattler fell to the fifth round with the alleged reasoning being that teams were turned off by how he was acting 5-6 years ago on some football reality show dealie when he was in high school. Taking that into consideration, when you have Prime talking about how his kid isn't going to sign with certain teams and having said kid mocking lower-level guys in Twitter battles, seems like the sort of thing that could turn some teams off unless he displays truly out of this world talent because you won't just be getting a high-potential QB, but a family circus to go along with it.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2024 5:35 PM

i open myself up for some crow eating, but Sheduer Sanders sucks and will do nothing of note in the NFL.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2024 7:06 PM

You have to make off-season headlines if you want Fox Big Noon kickoff to gulp down your dicks every Saturday. 

Nevermind they were 4-8, or lost the last six games of the season, or defense and blocking was nonexistent for them. 

Kind of weird for grown men to say Lololol multiple times in a tweet. Or ever. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 2, 2024 7:10 PM

Looking forward to Deion’s comments after Colorado gets woodshedded the first of multiple times this year.

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 17 reps Joined Mar 2015
Sat, May 4, 2024 10:19 PM

Looking at CU's schedule, I see a scenario where they could lose every single game

Sun, May 5, 2024 9:03 AM
posted by MontyBrunswick

Looking at CU's schedule, I see a scenario where they could lose every single game

Deion will blame players (exempting his sons and their buddies) for each loss.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 5, 2024 2:29 PM

I’ll admit, I jumped on the early CU bandwagon. 

But the Prime schtick got real old real fast. 

We comin!!

🤣 fuck off. 

Sun, May 5, 2024 5:30 PM

I think a lot of people were skeptical of the Prime hire.  

Sun, Aug 25, 2024 10:07 AM

Bump. 

Couple good games yesterday. Felt good man.

Thursday we feast. 

Sun, Aug 25, 2024 10:25 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Bump. 

Couple good games yesterday. Felt good man.

Thursday we feast. 

Glad CFB is back  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 4:01 PM

Fuck yes. I'll be tuning into CU tomorrow. 

Got a weird feeling that OSU is winning it all. 

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 4:31 PM
posted by Automatik

Hope so on the  Buckeyes.  I hate the weak early season schedule because it can end up hiding problems.  Bu by mid-season, we will certainly know what we're dealing with.  Weird to say, but Day's on the hot seat as much as anyone this year.  Such is life as a modern-day D1 coach.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 10:40 AM

posted by Automatik

They barely survived NDSU. I know they're one of the top 1-AA teams (never can remember which one is FBS and which one is FCS), but with how Colorado's defense looked in that game, it might be an uphill climb for Deion to get this team to even match last year's 4-8. Their offense is explosive and that one pick was a total fluke, but they don't seem to have a functional run game, so they might be as one-dimensional as anyone in the sport. Shedeur throwing bombs is fun as hell, but I think you need a bit more than that to be competitive, especially when at least half your games are against ranked teams.

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 7:22 PM

Thought Colorado had some huge issues. But if Shedeur and Henry play like that then they may make up for it.  The defense shaped up as the game went on.  The officiating on the final drive was sketchy but they also had zero points off that ridiculous INT. Next week will be a better gauge of what they are. 

Also, football is back on, I don’t need to see or hear anymore about the WNBA. I didn’t two months ago and I especially don’t now. Angel Reese can fuck all the way off. 

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 8:32 PM

I think Colorado will be lucky to win 5 games.  I’m pretty sure Prime’s got a smoke and mirrors thing going on.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 8:48 PM

Anyone been reading the supposed leaks about Michigan on eleven warrio

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 9:05 PM
posted by sportchampps

Anyone been reading the supposed leaks about Michigan on eleven warrio

What’s the story?

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 9:50 PM

I haven’t heard anything but I did watch the documentary on Netflix about it today. Connor Stalions is a tool.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 11:45 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Thought Colorado had some huge issues. But if Shedeur and Henry play like that then they may make up for it.  The defense shaped up as the game went on.  The officiating on the final drive was sketchy but they also had zero points off that ridiculous INT. Next week will be a better gauge of what they are. 

Also, football is back on, I don’t need to see or hear anymore about the WNBA. I didn’t two months ago and I especially don’t now. Angel Reese can fuck all the way off. 

I think their big key will be how quickly all those transfers (41, I think) gel together as a team. Thinking about it, lack of chemistry could have been a big reason why they were effective on offense when it was Shedeur throwing it up and his receivers catching it and they weren't when it came down to getting more than 2 yards per carry running the ball. Especially since the OL was a focus point of the team bringing in new guys and it takes time for a bunch of random linemen to become a unit together. Add in at least one new back in former Buckeye Hayden and I can easily believe those guys aren't all on the same page yet.

They get chemistry together and the pure explosiveness of their passing game will make them a tough opponent for most teams. They don't and they'll be a one-dimensional team and Shedeur might set a two-year record for most hits taken in the pocket.

And yeah, far more interesting topic for me to talk about than the WNBA. And about 750000% more interesting on this site than Random Circular Argument That Goes Nowhere For Eight Days #4958496 on the poli-threads!

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 1:56 PM

Good to see the Iowa offense is as strong as ever, with 6 whole points in the first half against Illinois State.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 3:02 PM
posted by Heretic

Good to see the Iowa offense is as strong as ever, with 6 whole points in the first half against Illinois State.

Holy shit! They're up to 40 in the fourth quarter! That's half a season of scoring for them!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login