2024 Presidential Election Thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 11:14 AM
posted by geeblock

The thing is it’s not just democrats or people with TDS who see it.

LOL.  First of all, I've never seen a poll of who people who identify as Nazi's are voting for.

Second, by the same logic people voting Democrat must hate white people.

As I've said many times, what REALLY pisses off the progressives about Trump is that he tells white people they shouldn't be ashamed or feel guilty for voting Republican.  And somehow that is racist.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 11:19 AM
posted by geeblock

The thing is it’s not just democrats or people with TDS who see it. 

https://x.com/datelinefam/status/1844433751117336763?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

That's about as stupid as saying that all people voting for Harris are blue haired transgender communists.

You can't use your brain, and also point out the far extreme of either side and say "see, its hard to tell the difference between the majority of the voters and this one extreme that also vote for said candidate".

There's no way you are an educator and use logic like this. Unless you teach gym?

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 11:23 AM
posted by jmog

That's about as stupid as saying that all people voting for Harris are blue haired transgender communists.

You can't use your brain, and also point out the far extreme of either side and say "see, its hard to tell the difference between the majority of the voters and this one extreme that also vote for said candidate".

There's no way you are an educator and use logic like this. Unless you teach gym?

In case you haven't noticed, many of these "educators" are shoving a liberal agenda down students throats. 

Just saw a video of a college professor (definitely a Lib) saying that "if you're a guy and don't vote for a woman, because she's a woman, you should be lined up and shot by a firing squad." 

Goes back to the comment I made about someone being an "idiot" if they believed in all of Trump's platforms but didn't vote for him "because Trump."

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:00 PM
posted by BR1986FB

In case you haven't noticed, many of these "educators" are shoving a liberal agenda down students throats. 

Just saw a video of a college professor (definitely a Lib) saying that "if you're a guy and don't vote for a woman, because she's a woman, you should be lined up and shot by a firing squad." 

Goes back to the comment I made about someone being an "idiot" if they believed in all of Trump's platforms but didn't vote for him "because Trump."

My first day as a Wright State student, they gave everyone a free copy of Al Gore's climate change book.  The book where he basically predicted we'd all be under water in like 15 years. 

Spoiler alert - he was wrong.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:04 PM
posted by Trueblue23

My first day as a Wright State student, they gave everyone a free copy of Al Gore's climate change book.  The book where he basically predicted we'd all be under water in like 15 years.

Keep your eye on the climate change narrative.  Power hungry AI is shifting the where big tech stands.  They simply have to start promoting all the empirical data that fails to find any alarming or significant shifts in weather.  The entire "existential crisis" is founded almost entirely on garbage-in, garbage out models that have no demonstrated power of prediction.
CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:06 PM

Kamala is now saying that she is from the working class.

She said this during a town hall that needed a translator for people to ask her questions.

One poor guy asked her a question and she went on a tirade about muh orange man bad! and never answered her question. The camera kept showing his face and the look he had while she was flipping out is priceless!

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:06 PM
posted by jmog

you made the assertion that the only way a person could take some of trumps comments as pushing the line towards racism is because of the mainstream media.  I simply provided an example that contradicts that.  For the record im not saying hes racist or not racist.  I'm saying it is reasonable that someone could take his comments and make those inferences, even tho you do not.  You can even look at the people he associates with.. Hulk Hogan, Laura Loomer?  Both have recently said racist things.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:07 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Kamala is now saying that she is from the working class.

Yeah, I bought a burger from her when she worked at McDonald's.

geeblock Member
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:09 PM

Speaking of global warming or climate change, has anyone had an extreme amount of geese flying overhead in very large numbers and very loudly this past month?  I have lived in the same place for last ten years and of course have seen birds fly south ect.. but in the last month it has been very strange to see it keep happening in these numbers

Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:18 PM
posted by geeblock

Speaking of global warming or climate change, has anyone had an extreme amount of geese flying overhead in very large numbers and very loudly this past month?  I have lived in the same place for last ten years and of course have seen birds fly south ect.. but in the last month it has been very strange to see it keep happening in these numbers

I haven't. 

But there's an upward trend in my area of increasing coyotes and it's starting to become an imminent threat. My neighbor keeps his horses with mine and also has a donkey. I'm probably going to get one, too, next year. That will help keep our horses safe.

I respect and love animals more than I do most people, but something needs to be done to curtail the rapid population spurts of these nuisances.

geeblock Member
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:29 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I haven't. 

But there's an upward trend in my area of increasing coyotes and it's starting to become an imminent threat. My neighbor keeps his horses with mine and also has a donkey. I'm probably going to get one, too, next year. That will help keep our horses safe.

I respect and love animals more than I do most people, but something needs to be done to curtail the rapid population spurts of these nuisances.

we went to the quarter horse congress show last week for the reigning events. It was good, but took forever

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:31 PM

The geese are running from the Haitians and the coyotes are around because there’s lots of Mexicans that need coyote’d 

How are we ever going to survive the last three months of Biden?

Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:57 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

The geese are running from the Haitians and the coyotes are around because there’s lots of Mexicans that need coyote’d 

How are we ever going to survive the last three months of Biden?

One of your best!

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 12:57 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I bought a burger from her when she worked at McDonald's.

She worked the 2nd drive thru window…had to keep dishes cleaned too when no one was ordering. I think I actually worked with her a while at the Wellston McDonalds back in 1998

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 1:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I haven't. 

Donkey's are sneaky badasses. Except Eeyore.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 1:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

She worked the 2nd drive thru window…had to keep dishes cleaned too when no one was ordering. I think I actually worked with her a while at the Wellston McDonalds back in 1998

Hope she wasn't as scatter brained getting orders correct as she is in her interviews.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 1:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Hope she wasn't as scatter brained getting orders correct as she is in her interviews.

She finished 3rd in selling the commemorative NASCAR plates

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 11, 2024 1:39 PM

Harris is middle class compared to Trump 

Experience? She has to have 2 bankruptcies to have half of Trump’s business experience .

Felonies? Trump only had 37. Harris has thouson

Fri, Oct 11, 2024 1:50 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

Harris is middle class compared to Trump 

Experience? She has to have 2 bankruptcies to have half of Trump’s business experience .

Felonies? Trump only had 37. Harris has thouson

All of this is fine. Except her "base" doesn't care about Trump and don't like her record of sadism. 

Edit to add:

I should clarify my comment about her base

What I mean is the base she used to have. The base who thinks the world must function only on windmills, that any police system is racist and bad, and so on. The activist types.

She has since thrown them out in favor of establishment Republicans.

Fri, Oct 11, 2024 1:58 PM

Last weekend I watched this whole video because I have seen so much info about the Muslim vote and have been looking around YouTube trying to get firsthand thoughts as pertains to Michigan. 

Skip right to 1hr12min. 

I think that some Michigan counties might make enough of of a difference in this election. That is to say, I think Jill Stein just might be a major spoiler in Michigan. 

The guy talking at the time stamp makes the same argument that I've seen a handful of other Muslim voices say, just as passionately. The question he poses is "what can Trump do that hasn't already been done by the Biden/Harris administration?"

The resentment is huge in these communities. And I'm sure thats not something that is felt only in Michigan in regards to Muslim communities. 

I might change my map prediction.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login