What are your plans for 2020?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 14, 2020 10:18 AM
posted by iclfan2

1) find a new job asap

2) start running again, need to lose 10 poinds

3) really need to drink a little less, also related to the weight loss comment. 
4) now that our daughter is almost 2, start doing more activities outside of the house vs spending all weekend at home. 

Checkmark on the first one. I knew it was a possibility when I added it here. Had to take lateral base salary, with less of a bonus, but the perks are much better, work/life much better, and won't hate my life everyday. The pay in this city is crap compared to if I was in Charlotte, or even Cleveland. 

OSH Kosh B'Gosh
4,424 posts 18 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 14, 2020 11:19 AM

Well, chalk me up to the "new job" category too.

It's no guarantee, but I've applied to my first job this year (and first application in 3+ years). Had a chat with a boss yesterday that just made it clear that we will never be on the same page. Sucks, as I really enjoy what I'm doing, but they clearly have no idea or strategic plans in mind.

So, it may be back to college coaching for me. Not exactly what I want, but at least I can sorta be my own boss. Like the Cincinnati-area and don't really want to leave. No real rush as I'm still employed too. 

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Tue, Jan 14, 2020 12:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

2) start running again, need to lose 10 poinds

3) really need to drink a little less, also related to the weight loss comment. 
4) now that our daughter is almost 2, start doing more activities outside of the house vs spending all weekend at home. 

I always thought that an hour at the park/playground would solve all three of these, bonus is you get home and both get a nap

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 5:28 PM

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login