Cleveland Browns 2023 Season Thread

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 6:59 PM

Defense getting picked apart. No pressure.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 7:42 PM

This one is solely on the defense. TERRIBLE. How can Elijah Moore not gain a single yard on a reverse all year but Browns offensive opponents will gash them on 40 yard jet sweeps consistently? Defense = overrated

Flacco may have shown the best QB play this year of the four starters. He's their only chance but I'm skeptical they will get 3 more wins.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 7:44 PM

How can you come out of today and NOT be more confident for Bengals, Jets, and Bears?

As for defense, Ward needs back, cause he has an insane trickle down effect. Same with Myles hurt. But Rams with Williams and both WRs have been formidable. 

Really, still think if we get this QB play, they get 9 wins possible 10.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 7:48 PM
posted by Laley23

How can you come out of today and NOT be more confident for Bengals, Jets, and Bears?

As for defense, Ward needs back, cause he has an insane trickle down effect. Same with Myles hurt. But Rams with Williams and both WRs have been formidable. 

Really, still think if we get this QB play, they get 9 wins possible 10.

I think the offense will be fine with Flacco, going forward. 

I don't trust the defense. There was no semblance of a pass rush and, even with Myles hampered, I expected them to harass Stafford and he had all day.

I expect wins over the Jets/Bears but the Bengals may be a tossup, just because it's a division game and they will likely sell out to play spoilers.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 7:54 PM

Seasons over ladies. Pull up a chair and enjoy the inevitable Chiefs - Ravens and 49ers - Eagles conference championship games. 

Sun, Dec 3, 2023 8:01 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I think the offense will be fine with Flacco, going forward. 

I don't trust the defense. There was no semblance of a pass rush and, even with Myles hampered, I expected them to harass Stafford and he had all day.

I expect wins over the Jets/Bears but the Bengals may be a tossup, just because it's a division game and they will likely sell out to play spoilers.

Those 2 wins may be enough. Pittsburgh losing today helped a lot. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 8:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This one is solely on the defense. TERRIBLE. How can Elijah Moore not gain a single yard on a reverse all year but Browns offensive opponents will gash them on 40 yard jet sweeps consistently? Defense = overrated

Flacco may have shown the best QB play this year of the four starters. He's their only chance but I'm skeptical they will get 3 more wins.

The defense isn't as bad as it showed today, but these "historic" stats are misleading. They have accumulated great stats against horrible offenses. They will probably put up big stats against the Bears, Jets, and Bengals. The Dline was terrible today. I think that we will grab one of the last playoff spots. We get the Jags at home with them having a short week. Hopefully it is a cold, miserable weather day at the stadium.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 110 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 8:14 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Seasons over ladies. Pull up a chair and enjoy the inevitable ……..

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 3, 2023 9:04 PM
posted by Laley23

Those 2 wins may be enough. Pittsburgh losing today helped a lot. 

Pittsburgh will be 8-8 going into final game with Ravens and extend their .500 streak or lose .500 on a GW FG by one of the teams. They will be the last team in or the 1st team out. That’s the script.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Dec 4, 2023 7:28 AM

One thing I got coming out of yesterday's game is that, if Watson comes back fully healthy next year, the "rust" excuses can be thrown out the window after seeing an almost 39 year old QB, who hadn't played in 11 months, put up arguably the best QB performance by a Browns signal caller this year.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 7:22 AM

If Trevor Lawrence is out Sunday, this gives the Browns a golden opportunity to line themselves up for a playoff spot. My biggest fear is that they go back to DTR. They put Flacco back on the practice squad but I believe that was just a procedural claim. Watch the Jags claim him, if that's possible.

Tue, Dec 5, 2023 9:47 AM

You cant just claim dudes on the practice squad. I don't understand why that is a thing that has been circulating. 

Yes, someone could try and sign him, but Flacco would have to agree. Seems like a longshot to leave Cleveland where he has a legit chance to lead a playoff run of a playbook he just spent weeks trying to memorize. Not to mention the upheaval of his personal life. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 10:32 AM

Why won't they just come out and name Flacco the starter instead of playing these games? Walker is just bad. DTR may eventually develop into something, but Flacco is better right now. If they need to one of QBs to practice squad, move Walker.

Tue, Dec 5, 2023 10:49 AM
posted by Al Bundy

Why won't they just come out and name Flacco the starter instead of playing these games? Walker is just bad. DTR may eventually develop into something, but Flacco is better right now. If they need to one of QBs to practice squad, move Walker.

Walker is already on the 53 man. This can be done 3x (called up and sent down, to use MLB terms) before he has to be a fixture on the 53-man. Allows them to essentially carry 54 players (and then demote someone on Sunday). Any wigglee room with potential injuries or whatever is needed. No reason to bring him up until he is needed (Sunday AM). 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 10:49 AM
posted by Al Bundy

This would be the obvious choice but, with the Depodesta wildcard in the mix, they could direct Stefanski to play DTR to see what he has. 

I'm not in the head of the front office but I believe these analytics people think Stefanski can win with any QB. 

Had heard that Depo was the driving force behind trading Dobbs. I don't think that was a dumb move but they do seem to have a lot of confidence in DTR.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 12:10 PM
posted by Laley23

Walker is already on the 53 man. This can be done 3x (called up and sent down, to use MLB terms) before he has to be a fixture on the 53-man. Allows them to essentially carry 54 players (and then demote someone on Sunday). Any wigglee room with potential injuries or whatever is needed. No reason to bring him up until he is needed (Sunday AM). 

Granted, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes, but why risk Flacco on the practice squad where he could potentially go to another team?  Why not send Walker down? I just don't trust our organization at all with some of the moves over the years.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 12:20 PM

Every time this organization tries to do moves to outsmart the league (whether it is drafting someone way too high, making a stupid trade, putting a TE under certain, running trick plays at stupid times, etc.), it backfires. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 12:39 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Every time this organization tries to do moves to outsmart the league (whether it is drafting someone way too high, making a stupid trade, putting a TE under certain, running trick plays at stupid times, etc.), it backfires. 

That was the Gund's with Carlos Boozer.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 12:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

That was the Gund's with Carlos Boozer.

Exactly. If this somehow ends up with Flacco taking the yinzers to the playoffs, I'll be ready to throw up.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2023 12:42 PM

Kirk will be out but no call on Lawrence yet...

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login