Cleveland Browns 2023 Season Thread

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 2:36 PM

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 2:55 PM

Stefanski's comments, and the organization (as usual) dropped the ball on this. He hasn't been ready to play (functionally/at a high level) since this injury occurred. 

It also sounds like this isn't a pain tolerance issue. Watson said he can deal with the pain. It sounds like this has more to do with not knowing where the ball will go and being able to make the throw than pain.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Oct 19, 2023 12:10 PM

Well now, sounds like Watson is going to practice today.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 19, 2023 10:51 PM

Likely a bad omen but my wife (on her own) picked up Cleveland’s defense for fantasy…so if bad things happen, I’m sorry.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 1:39 PM

Sounds like Watson went full go today with the 1's and looked normal. Stefanski said how he responds over the next 48 hours will determine whether he goes on Sunday.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 2:23 PM

My 17 year old wanted to go to an away game for his Christmas present...

So we are heading to Indy this weekend, leaving tomorrow after the OSU/PSU game, getting a hotel and going to the stadium to see the sites/tailgate early.

First time I've gone to an away game myself as well.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 2:52 PM
posted by jmog

My 17 year old wanted to go to an away game for his Christmas present...

So we are heading to Indy this weekend, leaving tomorrow after the OSU/PSU game, getting a hotel and going to the stadium to see the sites/tailgate early.

First time I've gone to an away game myself as well.

Bring home a "W." Stefanski's record on the road is brutal. This is not a game they need to stumble in.
iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 2:02 PM

Defense taking a shit? Gonna lose to Minshew?

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 2:57 PM

Help me out. Garrett has been crazy lol. On the punt block was it legal because he jumped between the center and the lineman and not directly over either?

The effort by the TE and the lineman on the strip of the QB in the end zone….lol that was so

That can never happen. At least make him throw you to the side.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 3:04 PM

And then Colts don’t even put anyone on him and try a quick hitter right at him? The fuck are they thinking.

Other recommending sporting strategies :

Prolly ought to guard Steph Curry on the perimeter and don’t pump fastballs down the middle to Bryce Harper

Colts have done some really good things in this game….but they have been shook in dealing with Garrett, aren’t even thinking straight

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 3:39 PM

Myles more about his stats then the team

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 4:07 PM

Taylor is meh

Browns a lot of good breaks on should’ve been interceptions 

Browns will score quick and Garrett will seal the deal 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 4:34 PM

Refs sure gave you that final touchdown. Good work finally getting it. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 4:35 PM

December officiating is much different than Sept/Oct

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 4:35 PM

If I was a Colts fan, I would be pissed

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 6:16 PM
posted by Ironman92

Help me out. Garrett has been crazy lol. On the punt block was it legal because he jumped between the center and the lineman and not directly over either?

On the blocked FG it was legal because Garrett jumped OVER them. Had his foot touched the center/guard it would've been considered leverage and the play would've been nullified.

Right after Ford scored on that run early in the game I said to my lady "this would be funny if this game were like the 2020 Browns/Cowboys game except the Browns winning in a laugher." This game was VERY similar to that game in the end.

Defense was definitely a no show today. They somehow keep allowing those long/broken plays for TD's.

Finally Garrett had one of those "game wrecker" games we've been talking about. Yeah, he's made big plays but has never taken over a game like this. Four key game changing plays. Him and Dustin Hopkins, who has a shot at ST's POY for his second week in a row, were today's MVP's.

I'm at a loss for Watson. One step forward, two steps back. What's frustrating is that their calling card is running the football. When Watson's out, they're one of the better rushing teams in the league. When he plays, definitely not. Not sure why Stefanski can't run the same offense and let DW feed off the running game.

Today was better to be lucky than good. Not sure the Colts got jobbed on those calls at the end but it's karma for all of the times the Browns have been pissed on and against a team I TRULY hate (Colts).

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 7:14 PM

posted by BR1986FB

On the blocked FG it was legal because Garrett jumped OVER them. Had his foot touched the center/guard it would've been considered leverage and the play would've been nullified.

Right after Ford scored on that run early in the game I said to my lady "this would be funny if this game were like the 2020 Browns/Cowboys game except the Browns winning in a laugher." This game was VERY similar to that game in the end.

Defense was definitely a no show today. They somehow keep allowing those long/broken plays for TD's.

Finally Garrett had one of those "game wrecker" games we've been talking about. Yeah, he's made big plays but has never taken over a game like this. Four key game changing plays. Him and Dustin Hopkins, who has a shot at ST's POY for his second week in a row, were today's MVP's.

I'm at a loss for Watson. One step forward, two steps back. What's frustrating is that their calling card is running the football. When Watson's out, they're one of the better rushing teams in the league. When he plays, definitely not. Not sure why Stefanski can't run the same offense and let DW feed off the running game.

Today was better to be lucky than good. Not sure the Colts got jobbed on those calls at the end but it's karma for all of the times the Browns have been pissed on and against a team I TRULY hate (Colts).

I'd say your defense was more weird than a no-show. Got beaten all over the field by mediocre talent, but also was the only reason they even had a chance to win with those turnovers they forced, which (I think) all resulted in points. Because that offense, particularly when Walker came in, kind of made me wonder what Iowa Hawkeye fans must think whenever their team takes the field.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 7:29 PM

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 7:38 PM

posted by jmog

Toledo beat Ball State, so that's another win! And yes, I did look up Ball State's schedule to see if they'd played and lost to any of the Ohio MAC teams.
BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 8:12 PM

I will say that if I'm Andrew Berry I'm on the phone getting a deal done to bring Jacoby Brissett back to Cleveland if nothing more than for a Watson insurance policy. This defense (maybe not today) is too talented to waste if PJ Walker is forced to run the offense. Way too many plays left on the field.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login