Progressives, part 3...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 12:06 PM
posted by justincredible

Nothing is going to improve at the Federal level until Joe Rogan is elected President.

I don’t agree with him on many things, but he would be better than the last 2 or 3 we had.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 2:41 PM
posted by justincredible

Nothing is going to improve at the Federal level until Joe Rogan is elected President.

Yea I could go for that.

Did anyone see his podcast with Oliver Stone?  Holy hell the deep state kill Kennedy

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 2:52 PM

Yes, the former host of Fear Factor will make a fine POTUS. 

Fletch Member
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 3:43 PM
posted by Automatik

Yes, the former host of Fear Factor will make a fine POTUS. 

Better then the guy in there now

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 4:30 PM
posted by Fletch

Yea I could go for that.

Did anyone see his podcast with Oliver Stone?  Holy hell the deep state kill Kennedy

JFK is one of the most flawed films ever.  If Stone is still pushing that version, get your tin foil hat out to watch.

Fletch Member
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 6:35 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

JFK is one of the most flawed films ever.  If Stone is still pushing that version, get your tin foil hat out to watch.

You do know that thousands of documents have been released since then and they all make the film look accurate

Sun, Jan 9, 2022 8:21 PM
posted by Fletch

You do know that thousands of documents have been released since then and they all make the film look accurate

I’ve no doubt that you’ve poured through the documents as they were released to build the clear case against the “deep state” - as opposed to hearing Oliver Stone mention the release of documents that supposedly support his theory on Rogan’s show.  

There isn’t a conspiracy even one tenth the size of this that’s successfully been kept secret by its organizers.  The only people that Stone relied on for his movie were either portrayed opposite their real life stance (Pesci’s character), exaggerated for effect “(Kevin Bacon’s character) or weren’t even real (Donald Sutherland’s character). 

I know it’s en vogue to pin the ills of the country on the Deep State, a term you’d probably never heard until say 2016.  But use your common sense.  Large groups of humans aren’t sophisticated enough to keep big secrets.  Never have and never will.  

Fletch Member
Sun, Jan 9, 2022 9:34 PM

I’ve no doubt that you’ve poured through the documents as they were released to build the clear case against the “deep state” - as opposed to hearing Oliver Stone mention the release of documents that supposedly support his theory on Rogan’s show.  

There isn’t a conspiracy even one tenth the size of this that’s successfully been kept secret by its organizers.  The only people that Stone relied on for his movie were either portrayed opposite their real life stance (Pesci’s character), exaggerated for effect “(Kevin Bacon’s character) or weren’t even real (Donald Sutherland’s character). 

I know it’s en vogue to pin the ills of the country on the Deep State, a term you’d probably never heard until say 2016.  But use your common sense.  Large groups of humans aren’t sophisticated enough to keep big secrets.  Never have and never will.  

Watch the podcast and the reread your post

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 10, 2022 10:53 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Lol no I don’t watch any of that shit. I don’t live for this shit like you guys. I suppose I’ll just take your word for it that nothing really happened and they’re being charged and convicted improperly. Because that makes way more sense. 

obiwan luke insurrections travel single file hide their numbers

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jan 10, 2022 11:00 AM
posted by QuakerOats

obiwan luke insurrections travel single file hide their numbers

Guess you didnt watch gblocks video eh?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jan 10, 2022 12:31 PM

1/6 is already out of the news cycle.  Even the left knows that nobody gives a fuck. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 10, 2022 1:43 PM

jan 6th committe dairy farmer stop milking once while

Mon, Jan 10, 2022 4:13 PM
posted by Fletch

Watch the podcast and the reread your post

I listened today.  What I heard was Stone expressing his opinions and then occasionally citing a random document that had been released.  "The CIA hated Kennedy" or "The General that wanted Kennedy dead smoked a cigar at his autopsy thereby proving his elation" or "the CIA killed millions" (implying that they killed Kennedy because he supposidly wanted to eliminate the agency).   These are the same theories that have been bantered about for decades.  Even though Stone has credited himself and his documentary on opening up government documents that countless historians ignored, he doesn't touch on anything new.  Mostly what he provides is opinion without any evidence followed by Rogan saying "holy shit", etc.  

The problem Stone has that he can't address is how a conspiracy that would have had to literally involve thousands of people with different interests has managed to stay quiet for 60 years when nothing even close to it in scale has ever shown evidence of being kept under wraps.  That's one of the fatal flaws with conspiracy theories.  The other, in my opinion, is they give human beings credit for being way more capable than they usually are.  Most large operations however successful are littered with mistakes and missteps.  Think of DDay, the Civil War, the Cold War, hell even the roll out of a Covid vaccine.  Maybe successful in some respects, but often inhibited and sometimes almost derailed by SNAFUs.  Use the smell test on the Kennedy assasination - this Deep State which Stone openly says basically fucks up everything it touches, is somehow able to pull off the most complex of operations with no one but freaky side characters saying a word ever.  

Fletch Member
Mon, Jan 10, 2022 8:45 PM

I listened today.  What I heard was Stone expressing his opinions and then occasionally citing a random document that had been released.  "The CIA hated Kennedy" or "The General that wanted Kennedy dead smoked a cigar at his autopsy thereby proving his elation" or "the CIA killed millions" (implying that they killed Kennedy because he supposidly wanted to eliminate the agency).   These are the same theories that have been bantered about for decades.  Even though Stone has credited himself and his documentary on opening up government documents that countless historians ignored, he doesn't touch on anything new.  Mostly what he provides is opinion without any evidence followed by Rogan saying "holy shit", etc.  

The problem Stone has that he can't address is how a conspiracy that would have had to literally involve thousands of people with different interests has managed to stay quiet for 60 years when nothing even close to it in scale has ever shown evidence of being kept under wraps.  That's one of the fatal flaws with conspiracy theories.  The other, in my opinion, is they give human beings credit for being way more capable than they usually are.  Most large operations however successful are littered with mistakes and missteps.  Think of DDay, the Civil War, the Cold War, hell even the roll out of a Covid vaccine.  Maybe successful in some respects, but often inhibited and sometimes almost derailed by SNAFUs.  Use the smell test on the Kennedy assasination - this Deep State which Stone openly says basically fucks up everything it touches, is somehow able to pull off the most complex of operations with no one but freaky side characters saying a word ever.  

So since you think this then you believe that Oswald killed him by himself with a magic bullet…got it.  Sounds way more logical.
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 4:03 PM
posted by Fletch
So since you think this then you believe that Oswald killed him by himself with a magic bullet…got it.  Sounds way more logical.

I do believe Oswald killed him.  As far as the "magic bullet", that is not some factual name.  That's what conspiracy people call it.  Based upon where Kennedy's seat was relative to Connelly's (up higher), one bullet would explain how they were both wounded.  

This is a good example of Occam's razor.  It's generally upsetting that one person and cause so much mayhem.  But it happens.  Just because it is very bad doesn't mean that the explanation behind it is complex.  A politically intensive guy who had a long history of having extreme viewpoints took matters into his own hands and took advantage of a prime opportunity to position himself for a successful shot.  So a nobody kills the president.  Just because it was a president who had enemies - like every president before and after - doesn't mean his assassination could only come as the result of a months or years long plan executed by thousands of powerful forces and kept quiet for all time.  

Fletch Member
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 5:20 PM

I do believe Oswald killed him.  As far as the "magic bullet", that is not some factual name.  That's what conspiracy people call it.  Based upon where Kennedy's seat was relative to Connelly's (up higher), one bullet would explain how they were both wounded.  

This is a good example of Occam's razor.  It's generally upsetting that one person and cause so much mayhem.  But it happens.  Just because it is very bad doesn't mean that the explanation behind it is complex.  A politically intensive guy who had a long history of having extreme viewpoints took matters into his own hands and took advantage of a prime opportunity to position himself for a successful shot.  So a nobody kills the president.  Just because it was a president who had enemies - like every president before and after - doesn't mean his assassination could only come as the result of a months or years long plan executed by thousands of powerful forces and kept quiet for all time.  

Oswald killing Kennedy is about as possible (could he have been one of a few shooters?  probably)  But the chance that he is a lone gunman is about the same as the story that Woody Harrelsons dad was on the grassy knoll.

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 6:06 PM
posted by Fletch

Oswald killing Kennedy is about as possible (could he have been one of a few shooters?  probably)  But the chance that he is a lone gunman is about the same as the story that Woody Harrelsons dad was on the grassy knoll.

Why?  Because Oliver Stone thinks so?   This guy sees conspiracy and dark evil forces everywhere.  Because you say do?  Based on what?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:02 PM

It’s almost as if they’re trying to lose as many seats in 2022 as they can.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

It’s almost as if they’re trying to lose as many seats in 2022 as they can.

The whole voting rights issue is hilarious all on its own.  For starters, the Republican "disenfranchisement" efforts are at least as much bullshit as vote fraud.  Two sides of the same coin.  But this is one of several manufactured issues Dems have pushed for years that is coming back to bite them because voters are upset Dems aren't fixing problems they made up.

But 'ol Dementia Joe didn't stop there.  No, he appeared to imply the 2022 elections might be illegitimate if they don't pass the bill.  "Big Lie", anyone?!?  Or course, it's only ironic if one actually believes only one party does this crap.

And then he talks about going on the campaign trail for vulnerable Reps.  I think in modern history only Trump had a lower approval rating.  I don't think "Moderate Joe" is going to sway swing state voters.

That presser was something else.  Something for everyone.  And parts of it he was very good.  Schizophrenic is how I'd probably best describe it.  At other times he was desperate and weak and almost begging for the press' approval.  Like he had one of those senior temper tantrums with his approval tanking so he was done hiding.  And everyone got to see why his handlers keep him in the basement so much.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 20, 2022 7:17 AM

When both parties get their hands on a nonsense issue, it's amazing the amount of time that can be wasted other than stirring up their party loyalists, which is of course the real goal.

Democrats, with rare exception minorities have ID and those that don't can easily get one. How very white of you to think you need to take care of these poor unfortunates to accomplish something so trivial.

Republicans, there is no real evidence of widespread cheating in our elections no matter which podcast "celebrities" get some crackpot to say there is.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login