2020 Presidential Election thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 2:26 AM
posted by Laley23

So, will you STFU now? 

More likely move the goalposts a bit farther and fail again.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 6:28 AM

BIG REVEAL COMING SOON!!

White House - L

House - L

Senate - L

So much for all that winning. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 8:16 AM
posted by Automatik

BIG REVEAL COMING SOON!!

White House - L

House - L

Senate - L

So much for all that winning. 

We should all be freaking out right now

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 8:25 AM

I’ll be fine.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 9:00 AM
posted by Spock

We should all be freaking out right now

The world will move on just fine as it always does.  Our institutions are bigger than any personalities - as Trump is finding out. Turn off Hannity/Limbaugh for a week and see how much better you feel. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 9:06 AM

Trump flips the Senate. Nice job, idiot.

Wed, Jan 6, 2021 9:17 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Trump flips the Senate. Nice job, idiot.

He's shown his true self in the most blunt way going out. I don't know why anyone would have expected different.  His followers got played like Trump University students. He ran on a wall, rearranging our trade with China and getting the budget under control as his three top items. There is no Mexican wall, China trade imbalance is greater than before he took over and deficit has grown staggeringly. A total failure on all fronts. 

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 9:20 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

He's shown his true self in the most blunt way going out. I don't know why anyone would have expected different.  His followers got played like Trump University students. He ran on a wall, rearranging our trade with China and getting the budget under control as his three top items. There is no Mexican wall, China trade imbalance is greater than before he took over and deficit has grown staggeringly. A total failure on all fronts. 

Man you must have been sleeping the past 4 years.  The wall is bigger today (illegal immigration slowed to a snails pace), Chinese trade is more balanced to day then ever and any one sided argument about the deficit is stupid.  EVERYONE is at fault on that issue.

You fail to ignore the other aspects of the past 4 years he created.

Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:16 AM
posted by Spock

Man you must have been sleeping the past 4 years.  The wall is bigger today (illegal immigration slowed to a snails pace), Chinese trade is more balanced to day then ever and any one sided argument about the deficit is stupid.  EVERYONE is at fault on that issue.

You fail to ignore the other aspects of the past 4 years he created.

China trade imbalance is greater today than in 2016. An incomplete wall we have paid for and that has inconclusive results is not what Trump promised and finally, if the trade deficit was out of his control, he shouldn't have promised to fix it. Failure on those three fronts. 

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:36 AM

I hear a democratic House member is switching parties today to contest election and Pennsylvania just decertified.

Rumors until CNN fakes its news to report it

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:41 AM

Link?

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 11:02 AM
posted by Automatik

Link?

As to the latter, I did a Google search and found this:

https://www.wgal.com/article/pennsylvania-republican-congressmen-object-to-election-results-trump-biden/35138202#

Which includes this, which seems to make this his next "move the goalposts and fail again" argument.

WGAL’s Matt Barcaro asked the Pennsylvania Department of State, which oversees elections in Pennsylvania, about the push to decertify the Electoral College votes, which have already been cast for Biden, and he was told the state election code does not allow for decertification. It's not a legal option.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 11:11 AM

posted by Laley23

I just think this is what happens when you nominate and elect someone like Trump. Yeah, we may be sick of traditional politicians. But we really hate assholes like Trump. Him being in office brought out a lot of Democrats and turned off a lot of middles. To the point they wanted a lot of his supporters to suffer as well.

McConnell probably deserves the blame in conjunction with Trump because it can't be a good look for any R running for office when just beforehand, the MAGA leader and most prominent establishment Pub have an open disagreement on how much money we get in stimulus compared to how much is going to random countries. At first, it was just another D vs. R stalemate where we wound up getting the table scraps, as usual. Then Trump said they should go with the $2K, which is what the Ds were looking for. Mitch was super-against going that way and, suddenly, it seemed my Twitter feed was even more all about Georgia flipping to get him out of the Majority Leader spot.

And it also didn't help that various MAGAs, including a couple on Trump's legal team of Saul clones, were playing the "If they didn't force Georgia to go for Trump, then you shouldn't vote for them" card.

In a way, considering my general displeasure with the two-party system and what choices it's been giving us, all this party splintering is cool by me. The Squad vs. the Establishment on the left was a thing before they all realized they better mobilize to beat Trump -- meaning now that they've possibly/apparently won, the infighting will begin again as to how best take advantage of their advantage. And now, it's the MAGAs vs. the Establishment on the right to provide the next "get your popcorn" ready debacle in our political system.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 11:12 AM
posted by Heretic

McConnell probably deserves the blame in conjunction with Trump because it can't be a good look for any R running for office when just beforehand, the MAGA leader and most prominent establishment Pub have an open disagreement on how much money we get in stimulus compared to how much is going to random countries. At first, it was just another D vs. R stalemate where we wound up getting the table scraps, as usual. Then Trump said they should go with the $2K, which is what the Ds were looking for. Mitch was super-against going that way and, suddenly, it seemed my Twitter feed was even more all about Georgia flipping to get him out of the Majority Leader spot.

You forgot to mention while also giving away billions to other countries.  It's hard to argue "naw, we can't afford to give you all 1200 more" when they are doing that. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 11:24 AM
posted by like_that

You forgot to mention while also giving away billions to other countries.  It's hard to argue "naw, we can't afford to give you all 1200 more" when they are doing that. 

I said "compared to how much is going to random countries"!!! But, yeah, for a guy who's been around as long as he has and who is as savvy as he's been in getting and maintaining control, this was a bizarre "completely misreading the room" moment for him.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 11:46 AM

267k+ less votes for Perdue than Trump (and more of a gap for Loeffler).  Neither Warnock or Ossoff will win by more than that. Trump stans stayed home bc of Trump and his foolishness. I don't think $1,400 was the difference of voting or not. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 1:33 PM

Now the idiots in DC are trying to storm the capital building. In B4 Gblock or ptown said no one brought it up. I’m cool with them getting beat back too, with violent force. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 1:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

Now the idiots in DC are trying to storm the capital building. In B4 Gblock or ptown said no one brought it up. I’m cool with them getting beat back too, with violent force. 

Probably should have worn Antifa masks, and then it would have been just another "peaceful protest".

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 1:57 PM

What a bunch of losers.

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 2:11 PM

2 buildings have been evacuated and now the Capitol is now on lockdown. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login