College Football 2021

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 10:56 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Imagine that players get better.

You're changing your story. You didn't want to see someone else then go back, you wanted to dump the guy. Because you're a moron.

If you look back, I was calling for them to give someone else a series. Day sat him for a whole game. Stroud has been a new QB since he got that wakeup call. I'm sorry that reading and football are so difficult for you to understand.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by justincredible

Ok, so...top 3 for UC or no?

I wouldn't be surprised if they stay at 5, with Alabama ahead of them and Oklahoma jumping a spot (which they shouldn't IMO).

Al Bundy Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by Al Bundy

Stroud still sucks. I wish that they would at least give someone else a series.

Queencity, here was the post from several weeks ago.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 10:59 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I wouldn't be surprised if they stay at 5, with Alabama ahead of them and Oklahoma jumping a spot (which they shouldn't IMO).

1. Georgia
2. Iowa (crazy)
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Cincinnati

That seems plausible.

I'd love to see:

1. Georgia
2. Iowa
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 11:11 AM
posted by justincredible

1. Georgia
2. Iowa (crazy)
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Cincinnati

That seems plausible.

I'd love to see:

1. Georgia
2. Iowa
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama

I think you nailed what will happen. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bearcats above Iowa as there's no way they beat PSU with Clifford.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 12:04 PM
posted by justincredible

Ok, so...top 3 for UC or no?

I think they have to be. I have seen since taking heads already defending putting Bama at 3 so maybe not. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 1:34 PM

New coaches poll is out:

Cincy is 4th behind Georgia, Iowa, and Oklahoma

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 1:59 PM
posted by Al Bundy

New coaches poll is out:

Cincy is 4th behind Georgia, Iowa, and Oklahoma

Hoping the trend continues....tired of Bama, Georgia, Clemson and OSU almost every year.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 2:06 PM
posted by gut

Hoping the trend continues....tired of Bama, Georgia, Clemson and OSU almost every year.

The problem is that these polls have nothing to do with the selection committee poll. The Bearcats strength of schedule will keep getting weaker, while the strength of schedule of the teams in the big conference will keep going up. The Bearcats need ND to keep winning and hope that the runner-ups in SEC and Big Ten have 2 losses.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 2:24 PM
posted by Al Bundy

The problem is that these polls have nothing to do with the selection committee poll. The Bearcats strength of schedule will keep getting weaker, while the strength of schedule of the teams in the big conference will keep going up. The Bearcats need ND to keep winning and hope that the runner-ups in SEC and Big Ten have 2 losses.

All true.  Just fingers crossed we see some new teams this year.

Would love to see Cincy get in.  They could get clobbered and I wouldn't care - can't have a Cinderella story if it's the same 4 juggernauts every year.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 2:41 PM
posted by gut

All true.  Just fingers crossed we see some new teams this year.

Would love to see Cincy get in.  They could get clobbered and I wouldn't care - can't have a Cinderella story if it's the same 4 juggernauts every year.

I'm with ya. I hope that Cincy gets in. There is still a lot of football to play. I think that the winners of SEC and Big Ten are locks. If Oklahoma wins out, they would take one of the other spots. That leaves Cincy competing with conference runner-ups. I worry about cincy's chances if the loser of Big Ten or SEC championship game only has one loss. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 2:42 PM

Cincy #3 in AP poll

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 3:36 PM
posted by Al Bundy

I worry about cincy's chances if the loser of Big Ten or SEC championship game only has one loss. 

Agreed.  Were Iowa and PSU really the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country, or just undefeated Big Ten teams?  And I don't hate on OSU, but if they get off the mat and run the table, then they are probably in.

Seriously....I could totally see Harbaugh losing to OSU, again, and those asshats give tickets to BOTH.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:12 PM

Bearcats will pass up Iowa in the polls. Sooners play tonight.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 5:28 PM

Who do you see as the next LSU coach?  The names I hear batted around are Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin, Lane Kiffin, Lil’ Ol’ Clemson, Luke Fickell, Joe Brady, Mel Tucker among others. I don’t think LSU would have offered Coach O the ability to finish out the season if they didn’t have a pretty good idea as to who was taking the job. 

As for me, I’ll guess Franklin. He seems to be high on the list for LSU and USC. But I think LSU is the better job with a nearer term national championship chance. 

rip34 Member
76 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 23, 2021 4:13 PM

Illinois v Penn State is kinda crazy right now.  8OT and Illinois finally converted a 2pt conversion 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 23, 2021 6:37 PM
posted by rip34

Illinois v Penn State is kinda crazy right now.  8OT and Illinois finally converted a 2pt conversion 

Gotta say that the "nothing but 2-point conversions after a couple regular OT possessions" rule is kind of stupid. Simplifies an entire football game down to who can execute one situation if it stretches on long enough. Sort of like soccer and how two teams can play for 90 minutes or however many and if it's tied, everything goes down to penalty kicks. Or hockey with the shootouts, although the NHL at least changes it to "play until a goal, regardless of how many OTs" when the playoffs start.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 23, 2021 7:13 PM
posted by Heretic

Gotta say that the "nothing but 2-point conversions after a couple regular OT possessions" rule is kind of stupid. Simplifies an entire football game down to who can execute one situation if it stretches on long enough. Sort of like soccer and how two teams can play for 90 minutes or however many and if it's tied, everything goes down to penalty kicks. Or hockey with the shootouts, although the NHL at least changes it to "play until a goal, regardless of how many OTs" when the playoffs start.

The overtime was already a gimmick, so why not? If you want to go NFL route, that’s one thing. But starting at the 25 isn’t football any more than a play from the 3.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Oct 23, 2021 9:13 PM
posted by Laley23

The overtime was already a gimmick, so why not? If you want to go NFL route, that’s one thing. But starting at the 25 isn’t football any more than a play from the 3.

NFL rule is horrible too.  

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 23, 2021 9:50 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

NFL rule is horrible too.  

It’s football. What exactly do you want? Lol.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login