I love this.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 12:10 AM

👏👏👏

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 12:26 AM

Hopefully no one cares Lebron said fuck on live TV meanwhile they keep advertising this bizarre cocaine bear movie. 

Wed, Feb 8, 2023 12:54 AM

Still can’t decide who looked more uncomfortable to be there, Kareem or AD. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 9:44 AM

Kareem was fine….he’s old and probably hurts to even stand

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 10:21 AM

Kareem and LeBron have had a weird relationship (at least publicly). But I thought the internet was making it more awkward than it was. He seemed pretty cool and fine with it all to me. These things in general are awkward, because there is no rehersal, but people telling you what to do and when. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 10:54 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Still can’t decide who looked more uncomfortable to be there, Kareem or AD. 

Lol, I laughed at the whole "Davis not even standing up for it; actually making a point to be sitting down when it happened" bit. If that's a sign of how dysfunctional that team is, it's almost kind of a shame they didn't get Kyrie added to the mix.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 11:20 AM

I'll never understand the LeBron hate. 

Thu, Feb 9, 2023 1:28 AM

Holy cow. Durant traded to Phoenix for several players and a boatload of first round picks.

East gets easier for the Cavs.

What a wild ride for Brooklyn. They had Kyrie and Durant and even Jarrett Allen at one point. End up with Harden, flip him for Simmons. Now they have none of the above besides Simmons and they may trade him also. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Feb 9, 2023 8:33 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Holy cow. Durant traded to Phoenix for several players and a boatload of first round picks.

East gets easier for the Cavs.

What a wild ride for Brooklyn. They had Kyrie and Durant and even Jarrett Allen at one point. End up with Harden, flip him for Simmons. Now they have none of the above besides Simmons and they may trade him also. 

Once Kyrie was shipped, I think the Nets went into semi-tank mode. They weren't going to be a serious contender, even with KD.

Thu, Feb 9, 2023 9:51 AM

Only trade at this point I want the Cavs to make is Royce O'Neal to take the Lavert minutes.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Feb 10, 2023 12:21 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I'll never understand the LeBron hate. 

He does some good (Akron City Schools) but he's also a whiny hypocrite who could easily be labeled "racist." And not interested in going back & forth as this subject's been beaten to death numerous times on here.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Feb 13, 2023 2:07 PM
posted by Laley23

Get someone’s login. Become a Cavs fan. Watch your team win 5 of the next 8 titles.

Late to the party here, but if you are serious then please elaborate. 

Mon, Feb 13, 2023 2:19 PM
posted by like_that

Late to the party here, but if you are serious then please elaborate. 

I'm being an arrogant Cavs fan. But, the comment is based in a small amount of reality. I think the Cavs are a top-5 team in the NBA who should compete for a title for the remainder of Mobley's rookie deal and extension. They are so freaking good and a year away from maybe being the odds on favorite this offseason. I truly believe that. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 13, 2023 2:22 PM

From a data perspective, Cavs are definitely a top team. I haven't had a chance to watch them but they look legit in the box scores and stats leaderboards.

Mon, Feb 13, 2023 2:35 PM

They dont have a Tatum, or Giannis, or Jokic, or etc. But, I think Mitchell and Garland are starting to figure out in end of game situations that they ARE that, just as a combo. Garland is one of the best decision makers I have ever seen at the PG spot. Never waits for the defense. Gets the screen, and goes. Forces the defense to react to him going to basket. Mitchell is a shotmaker. Allen is the perfect big man PnR for both of them. And the guy who is the key to it all and the entire team is immensely better this year (despite what idiots in the national media say), Mobley. And the last 1.5 months, he has taken it up and even bigger notch. He can get it in the short roll and attack, or kick, or draw the D and lob it. He can score. He is doing defensive things we havent seen an a bit. Likely to lead the league in Defensive Win Shares and its getting better each game. So an outside chance he gets up over 5. In the last 5 years, only Gobert, Giannis, and Drummond have gone over 5 in a given season. 

Long story short, the players they have are perfect for the current NBA, and compliment each other well. Top-10 in offense. Best defense. Best net rating. Missing a bench, though Rubio (and JBs shortened bench) has stabilized a bit. Okoro shooting lights out has also helped, and remains to be seen if that is a real thing. But the numbers and the reason for the numbers being up, suggest it is -- as long as he is open.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Feb 13, 2023 4:21 PM
posted by Laley23

They dont have a Tatum, or Giannis, or Jokic, or etc. But, I think Mitchell and Garland are starting to figure out in end of game situations that they ARE that, just as a combo. Garland is one of the best decision makers I have ever seen at the PG spot. Never waits for the defense. Gets the screen, and goes. Forces the defense to react to him going to basket. Mitchell is a shotmaker. Allen is the perfect big man PnR for both of them. And the guy who is the key to it all and the entire team is immensely better this year (despite what idiots in the national media say), Mobley. And the last 1.5 months, he has taken it up and even bigger notch. He can get it in the short roll and attack, or kick, or draw the D and lob it. He can score. He is doing defensive things we havent seen an a bit. Likely to lead the league in Defensive Win Shares and its getting better each game. So an outside chance he gets up over 5. In the last 5 years, only Gobert, Giannis, and Drummond have gone over 5 in a given season. 

Long story short, the players they have are perfect for the current NBA, and compliment each other well. Top-10 in offense. Best defense. Best net rating. Missing a bench, though Rubio (and JBs shortened bench) has stabilized a bit. Okoro shooting lights out has also helped, and remains to be seen if that is a real thing. But the numbers and the reason for the numbers being up, suggest it is -- as long as he is open.

I like the positive vibes. Im very high on Mobley. I’m not sure which national media guys you are referring to, but there are a lot who have bought a lot of Mobley stock. The main key is staying healthy and actually playing a real playoff series (preferably more than one).

Who can they acquire in the off-season to take them over the top?

Mon, Feb 13, 2023 4:27 PM
posted by like_that

I like the positive vibes. Im very high on Mobley. I’m not sure which national media guys you are referring to, but there are a lot who have bought a lot of Mobley stock. The main key is staying healthy and actually playing a real playoff series (preferably more than one).

Who can they acquire in the off-season to take them over the top?

It’s not that they are down on Mobley. More that they expected a major jump in production. But usage is obviously going down with Cavs backcourt. His assist rate is way up. Defensive rebounding rate way up. Etc. The overall numbers are just similar (pre the last 4 week barrage of insane play).

Mon, Feb 13, 2023 4:27 PM

Off-season, tbh, I have no clue who is even available. I don’t like Lavert, so someone to take his minutes. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login