2022-23 NBA

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 27, 2022 10:45 PM

Luka Bird goes for 41/14/11 tonight to beat the Nets

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 28, 2022 10:42 PM

Lakers 0-5. No real room to improve. Westbrook is hopelessly bad and may be out of the league by next year. Davis already missing games with sore back. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 28, 2022 10:44 PM

There are trades to be made. It’s just a matter of if you go in for this season and hurt the future or punt on the last 2 years of LeBron…

Fri, Oct 28, 2022 10:59 PM

I don’t personally think there’s many great options out there for them. 

Fri, Oct 28, 2022 11:07 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I don’t personally think there’s many great options out there for them. 

Heild and Turner would be a massive upgrade. Both good shooters and Turner gets AD back to the 4.

Hayward and Rozier, better overall players and Rozier is a much better scorer. Shooting not as good, but both players massive upgrades. 

0-5 is about a death sentence in the West, but either of those trades, imo, would get them to the playoffs.

Fri, Oct 28, 2022 11:15 PM

Wasn’t Hield and Turner rumored much of last season and this off-season? IMO Lakers front office isn’t interested in trading away more picks to upgrade this current team. 

Fri, Oct 28, 2022 11:47 PM

Wasn’t Hield and Turner rumored much of last season and this off-season? IMO Lakers front office isn’t interested in trading away more picks to upgrade this current team. 

Yes. And it’s definitely in the table. The Lakers stance was well before 0-5 and pouty LeBron, though.

Tue, Nov 1, 2022 11:42 PM

Warriors struggling early on. 3-5, Klay shooting 28% from three. They and he will turn it around I bet, but love to see it. Klay is such a tool but everyone around the NBA loves him. 

The Udoka thing is weird. I understand why he can’t coach the Celtics anymore and him going back to Brooklyn makes sense, just awkward I guess to see him picked up so quickly. 

Barkley and Shaq went after Kyrie hard tonight, both calling him an idiot. When was the last time Kyrie was in the news for something good? He’s been a trainwreck for years. 

Other tidbits:

Jazz and Spurs combined 11-4 so far,  crazy.

Houston and Orlando continue being bad, combined 2-14. One of them will get Wembanyama and still suck.

I have a bad feeling about Dallas. I still don’t think Doncic has enough help. 

Prediction: Cavs (7-1) at Lakers (1-7) Sunday afternoon. 

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Prediction falls through, Lakers win in overtime tonight. It was kind of a crazy game I caught the end of. Lakers down three, miss tying three point shot. A Pelicans rookie grabs rebound and is fouled with 1.6 seconds left. He misses both free throws, Lebron grabs rebound and calls timeout advancing ball. They inbound cross court to Matt Ryan - an undrafted rookie from Chattanooga - who hits tying three to force overtime where Lakers win. His shot was actually really, really impressive. 

Elsewhere, I jinxed the Spurs (who gave up 143 points to Toronto) and Utah and they both lose. 

11/16: Undefeated Milwaukee hosts your 6-1 Cavaliers. Possible ECF preview? I’d be down for that. 

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 9:40 AM

That Ryan 3 reminded me so much of the Rex Chapman playoff GWer.

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Nov 3, 2022 5:23 PM

"In an act of betrayal against her young client, Dr. Cauthen, who is 40 years old, falsely claims Josh Primo exposed himself to her during the course of her numerous therapy sessions," the attorney, William J. Briggs II, said. "Dr. Cauthen's allegations are either a complete fabrication, a gross embellishment or utter fantasy. Josh Primo never intentionally exposed himself to her or anyone else and was not even aware that his private parts were visible outside of his workout shorts.

Yikes. This is their defense? And what is with this guy, Watson, etc who engage in weird, sexual behavior then try and act like it was an accident. 

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 11:28 PM

Here’s some fun facts.

Warriors lose to Orlando tonight 130-129. I bashed Klay’s shooting the other night but Golden State’s defense is very bad right now. Hence giving up 130 points to Orlando, who were second to last in the league in scoring at 105ppg. It was also just Orlando’s second win of the season. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Nov 3, 2022 11:32 PM

"In an act of betrayal against her young client, Dr. Cauthen, who is 40 years old, falsely claims Josh Primo exposed himself to her during the course of her numerous therapy sessions," the attorney, William J. Briggs II, said. "Dr. Cauthen's allegations are either a complete fabrication, a gross embellishment or utter fantasy. Josh Primo never intentionally exposed himself to her or anyone else and was not even aware that his private parts were visible outside of his workout shorts.

Yikes. This is their defense? And what is with this guy, Watson, etc who engage in weird, sexual behavior then try and act like it was an accident. 

Yeah….showed his package or part of 9 different times….then to look innocent he exposes himself during summer league and then last weekend?

Just go be a stripper if you want everyone to see your stuff.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 4, 2022 12:45 PM

Hot TAEK... I am on Kyrie's side more than the NBA or Nets side.  I don't defend his actions with sharing the link on his Twitter feed.  I don' think HE is antisemitic. Nor do I defend anything antisemitic, factual or baseless. But there are far worse things happening that get swept under the rug, and get little-to-no mention.  NBA's love affair with China, even through genocide... nothing to see here. 

I've listened to Kyrie, and I don't see an "insane" man.  His beliefs may be out of tune with the majority, but his beliefs have conviction, which many people are far too fickle to say about themselves.  

Neg away, but I will not be vilifying Kyrie at all. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 4, 2022 12:58 PM

posted by ernest_t_bass

Hot TAEK... I am on Kyrie's side more than the NBA or Nets side.  I don't defend his actions with sharing the link on his Twitter feed.  I don' think HE is antisemitic. Nor do I defend anything antisemitic, factual or baseless. But there are far worse things happening that get swept under the rug, and get little-to-no mention.  NBA's love affair with China, even through genocide... nothing to see here. 

I've listened to Kyrie, and I don't see an "insane" man.  His beliefs may be out of tune with the majority, but his beliefs have conviction, which many people are far too fickle to say about themselves.  

Kyrie is a dime a dozen today. An entertainer who thinks fame = smart and feels he/she should be at the forefront of important discussions...but doesn't really have a clue as to what needs talked about or how to talk about it, so he comes up with things like, "Man, those flat-earthers might have a good idea!!!" and then wonders why people don't take him seriously.
Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 4, 2022 1:03 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Did you see his reaction when questioned by the reporter? 

That's bitch behavior. Paint it however you want.

Fri, Nov 4, 2022 4:39 PM

Kyrie is a pseudo intellectual. Questioning everything doesn't make you smart or some sort of savant. Reading stuff and realizing that it is just plain wrong shows intelligence. He doesnt ever display that. He reads or watches stuff, and immediately believes it enough to question the truth and thinks that is "smart". No, you are a dummy who is swayed too easily. The guy is a fucktard. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Nov 4, 2022 7:04 PM

More than half the NBA owners are Jewish, so promoting an antisemitic film by a player isn’t going to go over well.  

Fri, Nov 4, 2022 10:44 PM

I can’t keep track of whether he apologized or didn’t. Just quit saying stupid shit. If you do actually believe this stuff, is it so hard to just keep it to yourself? Does everything need to be tweeted, retweeted, posted on Instagram? That’s how you know he’s a fucking attention whore. 

Old man rant over. 

Fri, Nov 4, 2022 11:55 PM

He did finally apologize. Of course, it was immediately after he was informed the Nets had suspended him W/O pay for 5 games.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login