2022-23 NFL Playoffs thread

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 10:07 AM

And that grounding was an obvious call and I was surprised they missed it in real time.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 10:26 AM
posted by Laley23

The refs made some questionable calls. But lets not forget they took an Interception away and a TD away from the Chiefs on "bang-bang" calls. Game isnt even close, likely, without those going in the direction of Cincy. 

And Cincinnati had the ball TWICE, with a chance to win or go up late, and they threw a pick and punted. And the punt, for whatever reason, didnt go OB. They allowed a 30 yard return. The loss was 100% on Cincinnati not executing in the clutch, and Mahomes doing what Mahomes does with a the ball and a chance to win. 

Seemed to me that KC kept shooting themselves in the foot. Thought the margin of victory should've been a bit more and kept saying "this is going to come back to bite them" every time they settled for FG's. In the end, it didn't.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 10:52 AM

the KC/Cinci game was a very poorly officiated game. But the bengals made more mistakes than the chiefs so i can live with the result. I honestly think the Eagles are going to dog walk the Chiefs but who knows. KC will have some time to get healthy at WR and QB, so that may change some things.

Cinci had better invest heavily in the O-line this offseason. sign Orlando Brown, sign McGlinchey, draft 2-3 more. they have to fix that O-line if they ever want to take that next step. Its not enough to get 5 starters. they have to get 8 players there. probably need to look at coaching too because burrow was running for his life yesterday and the play call never emphasized the run at all to keep the KC defense from pinning the ears back and running.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 11:05 AM
posted by j_crazy

the KC/Cinci game was a very poorly officiated game. But the bengals made more mistakes than the chiefs so i can live with the result. I honestly think the Eagles are going to dog walk the Chiefs but who knows. KC will have some time to get healthy at WR and QB, so that may change some things.

Cinci had better invest heavily in the O-line this offseason. sign Orlando Brown, sign McGlinchey, draft 2-3 more. they have to fix that O-line if they ever want to take that next step. Its not enough to get 5 starters. they have to get 8 players there. probably need to look at coaching too because burrow was running for his life yesterday and the play call never emphasized the run at all to keep the KC defense from pinning the ears back and running.

I know that every fan wants their team in the SB but Bengals fans may have dodged a bullet. With that O-Line play and Philly's pass rush/defense, old (cigar) Smokin' Joe might have left the field on a cart. Prior to the season I said that the guys that they added to their O-Line (maybe not Collins) were JAG's. 

Not sure of the Bengals cap situation (can they afford the guys you mentioned?) but they should have a sense of urgency while Burrow's on his rookie deal. When that hits there's no way they're keeping all of those weapons AND Burrow unless something happens with the cap going up significantly.

In defense of the coaching, their O-Line coach made some good adjustments after that initial sack fest. KC didn't get another one until late in the game.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 11:06 AM
posted by BR1986FB

That's something a Browns player would do in a crucial moment.

.......... has done .......

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 11:50 AM
posted by QuakerOats

.......... has done .......

Dwayne Rudd

I will say that I can't remember a team going from babyface to heel in a week's time.

Last week the Bengals were a sympathetic team that was getting screwed, having to go into Buffalo with a depleted offensive line to pull off an improbably victory.

This week, they have players and their mayor talking "Burrowhead" shit and positioned themselves as a team many wanted to see get beat.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 4:44 PM
posted by Laley23

The refs made some questionable calls. But lets not forget they took an Interception away and a TD away from the Chiefs on "bang-bang" calls. Game isnt even close, likely, without those going in the direction of Cincy. 

And Cincinnati had the ball TWICE, with a chance to win or go up late, and they threw a pick and punted. And the punt, for whatever reason, didnt go OB. They allowed a 30 yard return. The loss was 100% on Cincinnati not executing in the clutch, and Mahomes doing what Mahomes does with a the ball and a chance to win. 

You mean the INT that was negated because of DPI, either in the third of fourth quarter?

Mon, Jan 30, 2023 5:04 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

You mean the INT that was negated because of DPI, either in the third of fourth quarter?

Yeah. I am not arguing the calls were wrong. I am arguing that KC didnt "get all the calls". Cincinnati benefitted as well.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 5:40 PM
posted by Laley23

Yeah. I am not arguing the calls were wrong. I am arguing that KC didnt "get all the calls". Cincinnati benefitted as well.

Both teams benefitted. The TD that Pacheco ran in was a phantom hold. Chiefs got calls as well.

BR1986FB Senior Member
kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:19 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I know there's been accusations about this before but seems a bit far fetched...

https://clesportstalk.com/rigged-nfl-its-not-just-the-refs-the-professional-actor-players-are-in-on-it-too/?fbclid=IwAR2eY7XaG4SJd4ZJAPTkXpsBlUajBNRb6sdjOapk13jYw3ThxVSNJ-Ybkqs

I just think there's way too many people for a coverup like that.. especially people who are in and out of the league fast.. to just keep a story going like that. 

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:26 AM

The only caveat is there's been countless times I've watched players from the losing team walk off the field and thought... man they don't seem as upset as you'd think they'd be lol .

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:29 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I just think there's way too many people for a coverup like that.. especially people who are in and out of the league fast.. to just keep a story going like that. 

Where I can't fathom it is some situations where ridiculous circle catches are made to win games. Or Hail Mary's like the triple coverage on DeAndre Hopkins where he caught the GW touchdown. If it's fixed what happens if they drop it?

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:36 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Where I can't fathom it is some situations where ridiculous circle catches are made to win games. Or Hail Mary's like the triple coverage on DeAndre Hopkins where he caught the GW touchdown. If it's fixed what happens if they drop it?

yeah... way too many variables. 

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:38 AM

Well, it isnt fixed. So wondering those things is just a waste of time lol.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:53 AM

I can see the league and refs being involved, but not the players.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:57 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I know there's been accusations about this before but seems a bit far fetched...

https://clesportstalk.com/rigged-nfl-its-not-just-the-refs-the-professional-actor-players-are-in-on-it-too/?fbclid=IwAR2eY7XaG4SJd4ZJAPTkXpsBlUajBNRb6sdjOapk13jYw3ThxVSNJ-Ybkqs

And people think I have too much time on my hands. That’s an impressive reach.

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:58 AM
posted by justincredible

I can see the league and refs being involved, but not the players.

How and why? Did Cincinnati provide awful numbers JUST LAST YEAR so they said, 'nah cant have those guys in there again.'? Conspiring to make the Giants and Jets suck for this long? Moving a team from LA to STL? Dallas is by far the biggest draw, so lets make sure they never make an NFC Title game again, let alone a Super Bowl -- doing great, 2 decades now! 

Nothing about a conspiracy would even line-up to what the league would want, only the fan base that perceives themselves as being slighted. It would also be next to impossible to keep that from coming out. 

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 12:00 PM

I'm not saying it's happening, I'm just saying I can see it at that level but not below.

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 12:01 PM

And probably more Vegas and the Refs than the league.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login