2024 NCAA Football Thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2024 3:23 PM

So, the whole Coach Prime thing is now starting to feel like a wacky sitcom where you expect something to happen near the end of every half hour to set up some sort of life lesson.

You have one of the dudes who supposedly was encouraged to transfer out, but stayed for last year and then left saying that Coach Prime wasn't exactly cool to him on social media. Which was followed by Shedeur (older son, high-ranked NFL draft prospect at QB) firing back that he didn't even remember him so he must have been mid. Leading to various players on and off Colorado making fun of each others' stats. Which Prime got in on, too, for some reason...apparently dunking on low-level college players is a good way to recover from 4-8 seasons. Which led to some random Twitter account getting in a great line, calling him "Lavar Ball with a headset".

To me -- just hilarious. Things like "disgruntled former player has something to say" happen all the time and, unless actual wrong-doing was involved, disappears as soon as it appears. But Shedeur couldn't let it go and started up a hilarious firestorm of random football guys insulting each other AND the team's head coach, instead of being a voice of reason, just decided to add fuel to the fire.

Even funnier: The potential they have to at least slightly lower Shedeur's draft stock with this dumbassery. I mean, while not on his level, Spencer Rattler fell to the fifth round with the alleged reasoning being that teams were turned off by how he was acting 5-6 years ago on some football reality show dealie when he was in high school. Taking that into consideration, when you have Prime talking about how his kid isn't going to sign with certain teams and having said kid mocking lower-level guys in Twitter battles, seems like the sort of thing that could turn some teams off unless he displays truly out of this world talent because you won't just be getting a high-potential QB, but a family circus to go along with it.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2024 5:35 PM

i open myself up for some crow eating, but Sheduer Sanders sucks and will do nothing of note in the NFL.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2024 7:06 PM

You have to make off-season headlines if you want Fox Big Noon kickoff to gulp down your dicks every Saturday. 

Nevermind they were 4-8, or lost the last six games of the season, or defense and blocking was nonexistent for them. 

Kind of weird for grown men to say Lololol multiple times in a tweet. Or ever. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 2, 2024 7:10 PM

Looking forward to Deion’s comments after Colorado gets woodshedded the first of multiple times this year.

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 16 reps Joined Mar 2015
Sat, May 4, 2024 10:19 PM

Looking at CU's schedule, I see a scenario where they could lose every single game

Sun, May 5, 2024 9:03 AM
posted by MontyBrunswick

Looking at CU's schedule, I see a scenario where they could lose every single game

Deion will blame players (exempting his sons and their buddies) for each loss.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 5, 2024 2:29 PM

I’ll admit, I jumped on the early CU bandwagon. 

But the Prime schtick got real old real fast. 

We comin!!

🤣 fuck off. 

Sun, May 5, 2024 5:30 PM

I think a lot of people were skeptical of the Prime hire.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login