NFL Offseason 2018

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 1, 2018 5:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Raiders traded Khalil Mack to the bears for two first rounders. 

Raiders didn’t want to pay an all pro DE $100M but would give Gruden $100M. Ok..

Bears also got a 2nd rounder back. The Raiders are tards. As mentioned Mccarron, also going to cut Martavis Bryant that they used a 3rd rounder on.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 1, 2018 6:33 PM

Gruden looks like he should still be in the booth. Some baffelling decisions all coming to a head today...and none really in favor of Oakland at all.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 2, 2018 1:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

Bears also got a 2nd rounder back. The Raiders are tards. As mentioned Mccarron, also going to cut Martavis Bryant that they used a 3rd rounder on.

If he wasnt going to be suspended then Bryant can be a very dynamic WR and a good pick up for a 3rd rounder.

I think in 5 years we will look back at this and say the raiders got the better end of the deal.  WIth those additional picks and then not spending 100 plus million dollars on a LB/DE is a good thing for the raiders.    Rams will find their deal with their DL to really hamstring them in a few years.

Giving Gruden the money and not Mack is not apples to apples.  It isnt about the money, they can afford it, it is hamstringing the salary cap in the future.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Sep 2, 2018 2:46 PM
posted by thavoice

Rams will find their deal with their DL to really hamstring them in a few years.

Seems like the Rams are paying EVERYBODY on that squad which could make things interesting, assuming Goff continues to progress, when it's time to pay him.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 2, 2018 2:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Seems like the Rams are paying EVERYBODY on that squad which could make things interesting, assuming Goff continues to progress, when it's time to pay him.

Personally, I think it's more logical to be paying to have a good support cast of defensive and offensive players than simply throwing obscene amounts of money at mediocre to decent QBs like the Flaccos, Daltons and Cousins of the world. Especially when you consider that 3/4 of the championship week teams were going it with journeyman types and of those three, Foles was the only one that hadn't started most of the year. If Case Keenum and Blake Bortles can lead teams in the AFC/NFC championships, that in itself should tell front office dipshits that its smarter to invest in a balanced team instead of giving out Stafford money to any old Stafford out there. Since those guys are dipshits, it probably won't, but it should.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 2, 2018 5:32 PM
posted by Heretic

Personally, I think it's more logical to be paying to have a good support cast of defensive and offensive players than simply throwing obscene amounts of money at mediocre to decent QBs like the Flaccos, Daltons and Cousins of the world. Especially when you consider that 3/4 of the championship week teams were going it with journeyman types and of those three, Foles was the only one that hadn't started most of the year. If Case Keenum and Blake Bortles can lead teams in the AFC/NFC championships, that in itself should tell front office dipshits that its smarter to invest in a balanced team instead of giving out Stafford money to any old Stafford out there. Since those guys are dipshits, it probably won't, but it should.

TRue, bur if Goff is the real deal they wont be able to pay him.

They are def in it for teh short term. They may have a few good years and then hit rock bottom. If that means SB wins then, well, it is worth it i guess.

I am not sold on the Rams, Vikings amongst teams who surprised last year. Same thing with the Jags....I would not be surprised if all three of thsoe teams missed the playoffs this year

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 3, 2018 11:25 AM

Sooo Le’Veon hasn’t signed his franchise tender yet. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Mon, Sep 3, 2018 2:40 PM
posted by wildcats20

Sooo Le’Veon hasn’t signed his franchise tender yet. 

Nor has he shown up to camp. I don't blame him, pretty shitty situation he's in with no contract etc.. They'll just ride him into the ground and dispose of him after this season, I would sit out and get paid by a team that think he's worth it.

Hope the steelers playing penis flickers with his contract bites them in the ass next Sunday!

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 3, 2018 3:03 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Nor has he shown up to camp. I don't blame him, pretty shitty situation he's in with no contract etc.. They'll just ride him into the ground and dispose of him after this season, I would sit out and get paid by a team that think he's worth it.

Hope the steelers playing penis flickers with his contract bites them in the ass next Sunday!

It sucks teams can do that. I don’t blame Bell.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 3, 2018 5:49 PM
posted by Heretic

Even worse, IMO, is when they give ridiculous contracts to guys they THINK will be good, like Osweiler and Mike Glennon. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 3, 2018 5:55 PM
posted by wildcats20

Cowboys cut Dan Bailey. Only the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history. 

Likely to be signed by the Jets. I'm not mad.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 3, 2018 7:02 PM
posted by Heretic

My point was if Goff turns into a legit stud. I get what you're saying but as your own Kevin Colbert said (paraphrasing) "a check we're more than glad to write." With teams always looking for that franchise guy, until you have one, you have nothing. Last year was more the exception than the norm.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 4, 2018 1:31 PM

Christian Hackenberg has had an eventful offseason. 

Traded from Jets to Raiders.
Cut by Raiders (conditional pick negated, Jets get nothing).
Signed by Eagles.
Cut by Eagles.
Signed to Bengals practice squad.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 4, 2018 2:21 PM
posted by BR1986FB

My point was if Goff turns into a legit stud. I get what you're saying but as your own Kevin Colbert said (paraphrasing) "a check we're more than glad to write." With teams always looking for that franchise guy, until you have one, you have nothing. Last year was more the exception than the norm.

I understand that, but think the problem is that teams are so desperate to have a quarterback they can designate as the face of their franchise that they make huge stretches as to what a "franchise" QB is (basically anyone capable of starting 16 games and not completely sucking), overpaying for mediocrity and giving themselves a double-whammy because the amount of $$$ that goes into QB winds up taking away from what they can put around him, making his deficiencies more glaring.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Sep 4, 2018 2:33 PM
posted by Heretic

I understand that, but think the problem is that teams are so desperate to have a quarterback they can designate as the face of their franchise that they make huge stretches as to what a "franchise" QB is (basically anyone capable of starting 16 games and not completely sucking), overpaying for mediocrity and giving themselves a double-whammy because the amount of $$$ that goes into QB winds up taking away from what they can put around him, making his deficiencies more glaring.

Oh, I get that. The Browns are paying Tyrod Taylor a "bargain" at $16m this year and I don't think he's worth it.

Teams are trying to make hay during the QB's rookie contract before they have to pay them. Joe Flacco was the poster child for shitty QB's who parlayed a good playoff run into a huge pay day and he's team has been hamstrung ever since.

Tue, Sep 4, 2018 4:12 PM

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/09/04/pat-mcafee-barstool-sports-colts-ryan-grigson/1192911002/

LMFAO, first team all pwn for sure.

I’m the best in the game at what I do. I wish you would do the same.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 5, 2018 9:37 AM

No fantasy sticky yet?

Just drafted last night. We use ESPN. Is there a service out there that would let me import entire league to spit out draft grades?

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 5, 2018 9:48 AM

Yahoo gives a draft grade after the draft. Is that what you’re looking for? Idk if I understood your question 

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 5, 2018 12:02 PM
posted by Automatik

No fantasy sticky yet?

Just drafted last night. We use ESPN. Is there a service out there that would let me import entire league to spit out draft grades?

posted by SportsAndLady

Yahoo gives a draft grade after the draft. Is that what you’re looking for? Idk if I understood your question 

NFL.com does the same. ESPN probably doesn’t, because ESPN. 

Wed, Sep 5, 2018 1:31 PM

https://twitter.com/YahooNoise/status/1037376824269918208?s=20

Le’Veon Bell’s agent on hints at a prolonged holdout into the regular season. Concerned about overuse for his client before he enters free agency. Doesn’t sound like Bell is going to arrive anytime soon. Grab all the James Conner you can.

lol steelers lol

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login