friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 4:28 PM

LSU: (fouls)

Mulkey: 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 5:55 PM

Angel Reese pretty good lack of class. All 3 refs who called everything just ignored it.

LSU made the shots and earned it

Referees completely ruined the game that could’ve been so enjoyable

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 6:54 PM
posted by Ironman92

Angel Reese pretty good lack of class. All 3 refs who called everything just ignored it.

LSU made the shots and earned it

Referees completely ruined the game that could’ve been so enjoyable

She probably could have stopped after the first time but everyone thought it was super cool when Clark did the same gesture last game. The game was over after that last 3 pointer. I think the refs were bad, but LSU was the better team and probably beats them 9/10 times 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 7:12 PM
posted by geeblock

She probably could have stopped after the first time but everyone thought it was super cool when Clark did the same gesture last game. The game was over after that last 3 pointer. I think the refs were bad, but LSU was the better team and probably beats them 9/10 times 

Did she do it right at them as the game was in hand at the end? ….in same timeframe Reese also looking right her taunting with the ring on the finger.

Crazy she wasn’t thinking about the dream happening and celebrating but instead knowing they were going to win and taunted 2x

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 7:16 PM
posted by Ironman92

Did she do it right at them as the game was in hand at the end? ….in same timeframe Reese also looking right her taunting with the ring on the finger.

Crazy she wasn’t thinking about the dream happening and celebrating but instead knowing they were going to win and taunted 2x

So what? Two games ago Clark told a girl stfu your down 15. They been talking all tournament. I’m sure if Clark had won she would have done it again, but she didn’t. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 7:33 PM
posted by geeblock

So what? Two games ago Clark told a girl stfu your down 15. They been talking all tournament. I’m sure if Clark had won she would have done it again, but she didn’t. 

Yeah I don’t condone one ounce of any of it. The moment of her life so far and she chose to taunt.

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 7:40 PM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah I don’t condone one ounce of any of it. The moment of her life so far and she chose to taunt.

I’m just going to assume you haven’t watched Clark play this year 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 8:00 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m just going to assume you haven’t watched Clark play this year 

Yeah I’ve never heard of her until this afternoon. I just tuned in wanting to watch the 3 best officials in women’s basketball in hopes they’d call 10 more fouls than any finals game in history and the most fouls called in women’s tournament history.

Now show me a clip of Clark taunting a player for 10 consecutive seconds and then go to the postgame and call out the opponent.

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 8:21 PM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah I’ve never heard of her until this afternoon. I just tuned in wanting to watch the 3 best officials in women’s basketball in hopes they’d call 10 more fouls than any finals game in history and the most fouls called in women’s tournament history.

Now show me a clip of Clark taunting a player for 10 consecutive seconds and then go to the postgame and call out the opponent.

Lol what amount of time is acceptable… The final game is  a lot bigger than semifinal games. 

I’m just going to assume there is someone right now somewhere creating a collage of her talking shit this year. 

Clark is a fiery player who can take care of herself and she dishes it out and showed she can take it.. she doesn’t need a bunch of heroes throwing on capes for her. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 8:39 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol what amount of time is acceptable… The final game is  a lot bigger than semifinal games. 

I’m just going to assume there is someone right now somewhere creating a collage of her talking shit this year. 

Clark is a fiery player who can take care of herself and she dishes it out and showed she can take it.. she doesn’t need a bunch of heroes throwing on capes for her. 

She took it. During end of game and after with reporters.

If an MLB player does what Clark did…he’s getting beaned….if they do what Reese did the dugouts are clearing.

If an NFL player did what Clark did….you get the two handed shove, if you do what Reese did flags are flying and a scrum will need broken up.

If one of my players did what Clark did….we are having a talk on how to behave, especially because you are great and everyone is watching. If my athlete did what Reese did….well it would never happen.

I care way more that the refs took a great game from millions of tuned in viewers. The times when they actually allowed 90 seconds without constant foul calls I just kept thinking this game is so good. LSU made shot after shot after shot and bench players were huge in the next man up role. I love that. The talk should be about TEAM LSU, but it’s not at all

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 8:55 PM

Well she literally threw the ball off the court, I don’t think that should have got a tech but it’s funny your perspective on the actions of each player. We can agree to disagree.. but I’m nfl they do this shot all the time and nothing happens I have no idea what you are talking about they do whole ass celebrations after sacks and turnovers often mocking the other guy 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 9:08 PM
posted by geeblock

Well she literally threw the ball off the court, I don’t think that should have got a tech but it’s funny your perspective on the actions of each player. We can agree to disagree.. but I’m nfl they do this shot all the time and nothing happens I have no idea what you are talking about they do whole ass celebrations after sacks and turnovers often mocking the other guy 

She was dumb for behind the back passing the ball out of bounds not to an official. 

My perspective is exactly what happened. Clark taunted for 1 second and Reese just wouldn’t stop. None of it’s ok. My kids and athletes won’t do any of it.

I prefer the high road.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 9:10 PM

The first two comments after the tweet say it for me too.

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 9:39 PM

I try not to overthink this stuff. I thought Clark’s technical and Mulkey’s berating the refs (and not getting a tech) were worse than the taunting. I know this is comparing different leagues/genders, but Draymond will yell at refs after calls and they seem to want to avoid giving him the tech. They were fine giving her the weak tech which also meant she’d be hanging out on the bench with four fouls for a bit.

The game was hard to watch. I can’t believe for it potentially being the most watched women’s college game ever, the refs called a historical number of fouls. 

Clark is a junior right? Does she go pro after this? I have no idea how college to WNBA works. Is it one and done like with men?

geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 9:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I try not to overthink this stuff. I thought Clark’s technical and Mulkey’s berating the refs (and not getting a tech) were worse than the taunting. I know this is comparing different leagues/genders, but Draymond will yell at refs after calls and they seem to want to avoid giving him the tech. They were fine giving her the weak tech which also meant she’d be hanging out on the bench with four fouls for a bit.

The game was hard to watch. I can’t believe for it potentially being the most watched women’s college game ever, the refs called a historical number of fouls. 

Clark is a junior right? Does she go pro after this? I have no idea how college to WNBA works. Is it one and done like with men?

She has to come back. Not sure why the rule is like that if guys get to leave after 1 year. But I guess she will make more money on NIL than wnba anyway. It will be good to see them run it back. 

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 9:49 PM

They have to play four years of college??

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 2, 2023 11:19 PM

I’ve watched Clark (from afar) for 2 years now. No question she talked shut the entire game on Reese. She had that coming, and she knows it, which is why she is being graceful about it. 

Best thing to happen to women college sports anyway. I am here for any and all petty taunting. It’s amazing. I wish we had more of it in all levels of sport. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Apr 3, 2023 10:11 PM

UConn is crazy good but have been sloppy in transition the last 2 minutes and keeping SDSU within reason

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Apr 3, 2023 10:13 PM

Bad last 3 min…SDSU lucky not down 18

Still doable…but UConn is the better team

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 3, 2023 10:17 PM

UConn had what? A bad 5 game stretch? They really rope-a-doped America into thinking we didn’t have a great, all time team in our hands this year. 

But SDSU is used to games like this. If they get it under 5 or something similar with 6 to play, I know SDSU will handle the nerves. I don’t know if UConn will. But I also think it’s more likely UConn is up 30 by then.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login