MLB 2021 Season Thread

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 2, 2021 3:07 PM

Agree he shouldn’t be starting until much more investigation and knowledge of everything….if ever again

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 2, 2021 4:51 PM

I’m thinking of Tito’s first words to Bauer after he threw the ball over the fence:

“What the fuck is wrong with you?”

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 2, 2021 9:36 PM

Saw an update from the Sheriff(?) that said he had thought they were close to finishing their investigation, but then it unexpectedly expanded and it's going to be a while.

Anyone's guess what that could mean.  Could just be the police making an excuse being slow and incompetent, or being very diligent because of his profile.  Or perhaps other women have come forward.  Maybe he was targeted, although that would seem hard to believe.

Forget the exact wording.  Definitely sounded like they thought it was going to be a he-she said, but now have significant evidence.

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 2, 2021 10:14 PM

He admits to "repeatedly punching her in the buttocks while she was unconscious".

ALLLLRIGHTY THEN!!!

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:41 PM
posted by Gardens35

He admits to "repeatedly punching her in the buttocks while she was unconscious".

I have a feeling this will be a very bizarre case with many twists and turns.

That's what the USA Today article I read said, but I doubt they had a transcript.  Apparently, this woman and police did a sting call, which is where he allegedly said that.

"Punching" the buttocks makes no sense in any context.  But the interesting thing is if he really did say "unconscious", then despite all other arguments you might make to defend yourself, whatever kinks or weird stuff you're doing, when someone is unconscious you call an ambulance.

So forget all the other questions.  He's not a doctor, and she's unconscious after he choked her.  And instead of "punching" 9-1-1.....Before we go anywhere else, isn't that reckless endangerment?  Gross negligence?

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 3, 2021 2:01 PM

Reading the texts between the two, seems like she wanted all of it. So, this may be tough for her to win. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jul 3, 2021 7:11 PM
posted by Laley23

Reading the texts between the two, seems like she wanted all of it. So, this may be tough for her to win. 

Do the degree he did it?

Sat, Jul 3, 2021 8:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

Do the degree he did it?

She said she’s never been so turned on (then specifies right before she passed out). Said next time she would be as turned on waking up knowing what was happening. Said she wanted to be choked out to point of unconscious. Etc

Also they talk about the injuries and Bauer apologizes about how she had to get checked out. She says no big deal, they say the jaw and cheeks should heal in a day or 2, Tba on the head. Then after that, they continue to talk about the next time and how she wants it super rough again.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jul 3, 2021 10:56 PM

Just a bit off my wavelength 

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jul 4, 2021 10:18 AM
posted by Ironman92

Just a bit off my wavelength 

It's going to be a strange case. One DA in that article said "a woman shows up with a black eye like that, and it's an insta-arrest".  But then there's are those texts/messages.

And no idea what the law says about causing serious physical harm to someone even if you have their permission.  Not quite the same as boxing or MMA.

Who knows where this all ends up?  Is it as "simple" as she didn't realize how scary dangerous it was to push these limits?  And if you make $30M per year, you need to be a lot smarter than super rough sex with a girl you met on the internet.  But I guess if you're into that stuff you're fishing in a fairly small pond...

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jul 4, 2021 6:49 PM

Ohtani just demolishes #31

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jul 5, 2021 9:55 PM

Ohtani will be in the HR Derby, will be DH in AS game and is slated to pitch in that game

Gardens35 Senior Member
Tue, Jul 6, 2021 12:44 PM

ON THIS DAY IN BASEBALL (courtesy Youngstown Vindicator)

1933. The First Major League All Star Game was played at Comiskey Park. The AL, managed by Connie Mack, defeated the NL, managed by John McGraw, 4-2. Babe Ruth hit a two run homer.

1942. The AL beat the NL 3-1 in the All Star Game at the Polo Grounds. Lou Boudreau of the Cleveland Indians hit a solo homer in the 1st inning.

1966. Boog Powell of the Baltimore Orioles knocked in 11 runs in a double header against the Kansas City A's to tie an AL record. In the first game, Powell hit two home runs, including a grand slam, two doubles and a sac fly to drive in seven runs. He added four RBI's in the nightcap.

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Jul 6, 2021 1:06 PM

https://www.mlb.com/video/tatis-jr-makes-incredible-catch

Insane….yeah, leads MLB in errors with his not great shoulder but this saved the tying run in the 8th from scoring…..and no one else catches this

Tue, Jul 6, 2021 1:17 PM
posted by Ironman92

https://www.mlb.com/video/tatis-jr-makes-incredible-catch

Insane….yeah, leads MLB in errors with his not great shoulder but this saved the tying run in the 8th from scoring…..and no one else catches this

I’m more impressed to realize that Ryan Zimmerman is still playing.

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Jul 6, 2021 1:24 PM
posted by Laley23

I’m more impressed to realize that Ryan Zimmerman is still playing.

I thought he was retiring the year they won it all

Dude still has a place though

Gardens35 Senior Member
Wed, Jul 7, 2021 11:15 AM

I just heard about this "DOUBLE HOOK" rule.

Article here.........https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/mlb-move-mound-back-double-hook-dh-atlantic-league.html

Let's discuss.

Wed, Jul 7, 2021 11:17 AM
posted by Gardens35

I just heard about this "DOUBLE HOOK" rule.

Article here.........https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/mlb-move-mound-back-double-hook-dh-atlantic-league.html

Let's discuss.

The mound back a foot is a solid idea. You lose about 2 MPH (or gain about .15 seconds of reaction time).

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Jul 7, 2021 3:08 PM

I don’t like moving the mound…the double hook is interesting 

I want to know though if strikeouts and lack of ball in play is more to do with the hitter’s approach than the pitcher’s stuff.

60’6 or bust for me…lower it an inch or two?

I still believe j is t’d the all out HR or bust swings

Wed, Jul 7, 2021 3:15 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t like moving the mound…the double hook is interesting 

I want to know though if strikeouts and lack of ball in play is more to do with the hitter’s approach than the pitcher’s stuff.

60’6 or bust for me…lower it an inch or two?

I still believe j is t’d the all out HR or bust swings

You cant change how someone swings -- though it would solve a lot of the issues. You can alter how much contact they can make by moving the mound a bit. I'd read up on some of Theo Epstein's proposals in his new role with MLB. Some of them are really solid. The sport is unwatchable to anyone under 30, and barely watchable to anyone period. There is so little action and it takes fucking forever. They need to do more testing on speeding up the games, but getting the ball in play more is paramount. The percentage of balls put in play for the AVERAGE pitcher this year is higher than in Gibson and Docs best years. Thats....not good for a sport that was already perceived as boring.

I'd also ban the shift 5 years ago. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login