Browns season 2021

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 12:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I have no plans on staying up late to watch, having to go into the office tomorrow (get up at 4:45am). If they win I can always watch the replay on NFL Network tomorrow at 4pm. 

These late night games are "damned if I do, damned if I don't" as if I watch, they will either lose late, in some stupid fashion, or win a last second thriller. Either way I'm either too pissed to sleep for a couple of hours or too excited to wind down for a couple of hours.

I know that primetime games are supposed to be a reward for teams to showcase them but I'd rather they play every Sunday (or Saturday) at 1pm.

Agreed.  The older I get, the less I can afford staying up for a late game.  It becomes like a hangover - two days to recover.  Love the early Sunday games.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 12:34 PM

posted by Ironman92

You don’t think the not good Steelers can beat the Browns and Ravens and then have the Jags beat the Colts? Lol

On the good note for the Jags winning…..they’ve sealed up the worst record and played them tight last time…..but yeah I’m saying under 5%

Ravens ridiculousness cost them the playoffs and I said when they tied the Lions it would cost the Steelers. (Doubt they’d win last two regardless)

I'm not sure what I see to be less likely. A shit Jags team that just got 50 hung up on them by a team that had been slumping beating a team that likely will have something to play for OR the Steelers winning two straight games (even if one or more of the teams decides to tank) against anyone the way they're playing right now. With both needing to happen, I'd go with <1%.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 1:12 PM

Love the 4pm national best. Living out of state, its a fucking hassle to get the games. Primetime is obviously on, and central time-zone its not too bad — but still late. The best is the 4:25 national game. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 9:23 PM

I was a Baker defender… but fuck. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 9:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

I was a Baker defender… but fuck. 

Careful, his wife is going to attack you on Instagram. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 10:02 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Careful, his wife is going to attack you on Instagram. 

Lol she can do whatever she wants to me!

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 10:39 PM

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 10:40 PM

Crazy these teams are around .500

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 3, 2022 11:14 PM

Doesn’t Mayfield need surgery on his shoulder? Why isn’t he doing that right now instead of playing in this meaningless game getting his ass kicked 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 4, 2022 3:01 PM

Mayfield out for the finale. Surgery asap.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 4, 2022 3:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I have no plans on staying up late to watch, having to go into the office tomorrow (get up at 4:45am). If they win I can always watch the replay on NFL Network tomorrow at 4pm. 

These late night games are "damned if I do, damned if I don't" as if I watch, they will either lose late, in some stupid fashion, or win a last second thriller. Either way I'm either too pissed to sleep for a couple of hours or too excited to wind down for a couple of hours.

I know that primetime games are supposed to be a reward for teams to showcase them but I'd rather they play every Sunday (or Saturday) at 1pm.

I really pick and choose which SNF/MNF games I stick to until the end.  Rarely Thursday Night games are worthy.

Last night, of course, was one that was not only a must stay up for, but to attend of course!  

Was a special night. We stuck around until he went up into the tunnel and out of site.   Got me in the feelz when he dropped down to hug his kids and the walk down the hallway out of site. Sort of reminded me of the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial, but I digress.

Some were chanting '1 more year' but us more sensible fans were like "Hell No".

The team is spent so the chances of winning next week is extremely slim, and when you add in that the Jags have to beat the Colts then, well, there is no chance.

We pretty much agree that the best case scenario is a win next week and miss the playoffs because on the road, this team would NOT fare well in week 19.   Win the last two, go out on top, and ride into the sunset.   

My first Stillers game was in 1995 vs the  Browns at Municiple after they announced they were leaving, and a month or so later in the playoffs vs the Bills.  Been to north of 60 and last night had a feeling in the regular season like I never had seen before in the regular season. It had a big playoff game feel to it with it, no doubt.

It is good to see the Browns in their rightful spot at the bottom of the AFCN, especailly after the memes early in the season mocking the last place Stillers!   

Unfortunatly, the AFCN will be the Bengals to win for the next 3-4 yrs for sure as they have that talent locked up, so the best the rest of us can hope for is WC.

Couple of browns fans with me, one is jaded from over the years, the one is still young and doesnt know any better but he does realize the faux hope the team gives on a weekly basis.

I am always glad seeing the Browns go away from the running game so quick in ballgames.    GB and Pitt i think Chubb had a total of 9 first half carries all while gaining 5 plus per carry.   Stefanski reminds me of Arians when he was in Pittsburgh.   He gave token effort to run the ball and was always quick to abandon it.

We shall see what happens in the future, but at least 2021 was back to normal in sweeping the Browns.

In case you missed it since it was late, here was the last snap......

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 4, 2022 4:00 PM

Doug Dieken retiring after Sunday's game.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 4, 2022 4:33 PM
posted by Gardens35

Doug Dieken retiring after Sunday's game.

It's time.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Jan 5, 2022 7:41 AM
posted by QuakerOats

It's time.

Legend like that can stay as long as he wants.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Jan 5, 2022 9:42 AM
posted by thavoice

I really pick and choose which SNF/MNF games I stick to until the end.  Rarely Thursday Night games are worthy.

Last night, of course, was one that was not only a must stay up for, but to attend of course!  

Was a special night. We stuck around until he went up into the tunnel and out of site.   Got me in the feelz when he dropped down to hug his kids and the walk down the hallway out of site. Sort of reminded me of the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial, but I digress.

Some were chanting '1 more year' but us more sensible fans were like "Hell No".

The team is spent so the chances of winning next week is extremely slim, and when you add in that the Jags have to beat the Colts then, well, there is no chance.

We pretty much agree that the best case scenario is a win next week and miss the playoffs because on the road, this team would NOT fare well in week 19.   Win the last two, go out on top, and ride into the sunset.   

My first Stillers game was in 1995 vs the  Browns at Municiple after they announced they were leaving, and a month or so later in the playoffs vs the Bills.  Been to north of 60 and last night had a feeling in the regular season like I never had seen before in the regular season. It had a big playoff game feel to it with it, no doubt.

It is good to see the Browns in their rightful spot at the bottom of the AFCN, especailly after the memes early in the season mocking the last place Stillers!   

Unfortunatly, the AFCN will be the Bengals to win for the next 3-4 yrs for sure as they have that talent locked up, so the best the rest of us can hope for is WC.

Couple of browns fans with me, one is jaded from over the years, the one is still young and doesnt know any better but he does realize the faux hope the team gives on a weekly basis.

I am always glad seeing the Browns go away from the running game so quick in ballgames.    GB and Pitt i think Chubb had a total of 9 first half carries all while gaining 5 plus per carry.   Stefanski reminds me of Arians when he was in Pittsburgh.   He gave token effort to run the ball and was always quick to abandon it.

We shall see what happens in the future, but at least 2021 was back to normal in sweeping the Browns.

In case you missed it since it was late, here was the last snap......

tl;dr

https://www.sfgate.com/sports-columns/article/a-proper-send-off-for-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-16748606.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Mobile)&utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2DZFZaf3zXwJSXm1EXjNfN0wNVcgN0tox7hxX0jeD8IpGNnuEh6JWkX_8

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jan 5, 2022 10:19 AM
posted by BR1986FB

tl;dr

https://www.sfgate.com/sports-columns/article/a-proper-send-off-for-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-16748606.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Mobile)&utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2DZFZaf3zXwJSXm1EXjNfN0wNVcgN0tox7hxX0jeD8IpGNnuEh6JWkX_8

LOL at a woke San Francisco writer, in an attempt to shame Roethlisberger for being a jerk, fat shaming, insulting the intelligence of a blue collar city and wishing death to someone - all things that would probably, were they directed at him, trigger him and send him directly to his safe space.  

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 5, 2022 5:14 PM
posted by BR1986FB

tl;dr

I get it and this is a Browns thread….but that’s a terrible terrible article lol. Poor sportsmanship at pickup basketball games, rumored to have a gray penis. That’s some high end writing.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login