Browns season 2021

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 7:29 PM

And…..another year of we aren’t that good. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 7:31 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Ok.. like every off back foot, as far as you can , 44 yard back shoulder throw. Do you even hear yourself? Lol 

Do you even watch football?  LMFAO you're a blind homer.  It didn't get picked off, not even close.  It was a great play.  Unlike that last throw from Mayfield...

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 7:31 PM

That damn fumble… wish we could have that back.  We fuckin win if Chubb doesn’t lose that ball. 

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 7:34 PM
posted by gut

Do you even watch football?  LMFAO you're a blind homer.  It didn't get picked off, not even close.  It was a great play.  Unlike that last throw from Mayfield...

Of course it didn’t get picked off. Johnson had no clue the ball was thrown. Hence , turn your fucking head around, Johnson. 

What r u missing here man?    

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 7:56 PM

I’m not arguing with y’all. Fuck

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 7:57 PM

Of course it didn’t get picked off. Johnson had no clue the ball was thrown. Hence , turn your fucking head around, Johnson. 

What r u missing here man?    

I'm not missing anything.  It was a great throw, you're butthurt because you're a blind homer.

Every back shoulder throw could be picked it the DB just turned his head.  Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 9:40 PM

Browns are really good. 

Tough loss…Chiefs don’t want to face Cleveland in the playoffs.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 9:42 PM

That was a tough loss. Browns are better than the Chiefs across the board except for the most important position — QB (and TE). 

Overall, more talent (maybe by a lot??). Just don’t have the QB of a Mahomes level. Baker played unreal, and yet Mahomes was still better. 

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 9:48 PM
posted by Laley23

That was a tough loss. Browns are better than the Chiefs across the board except for the most important position — QB (and TE). 

Overall, more talent (maybe by a lot??). Just don’t have the QB of a Mahomes level. Baker played unreal, and yet Mahomes was still better. 

Across the board tho? Browns best receiver would be their 3rd option. 

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 10:11 PM

Across the board tho? Browns best receiver would be their 3rd option. 

Hill is better than OBJ (or whoever our #1 is). But our WR corps is way deeper. I’d probably give us the next 4-5 guys at WR after Hill. 

O line and D line is not close. Secondary probably more talent on the Browns. Linebackers would be close.

Kelce is better TE, that’s a given. 

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 10:16 PM
posted by Laley23

Hill is better than OBJ (or whoever our #1 is). But our WR corps is way deeper. I’d probably give us the next 4-5 guys at WR after Hill. 

O line and D line is not close. Secondary probably more talent on the Browns. Linebackers would be close.

Kelce is better TE, that’s a given. 

True, though if Mathieu was playing I’d probably give their secondary a slight edge. Baker played one of his best games ever and still wasn’t all that close to Mahomes. It’s hard to win in the NFL without an elite qb anymore. Nearly impossible if you’re facing an elite qb.  

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 10:43 PM

True, though if Mathieu was playing I’d probably give their secondary a slight edge. Baker played one of his best games ever and still wasn’t all that close to Mahomes. It’s hard to win in the NFL without an elite qb anymore. Nearly impossible if you’re facing an elite qb.  

Yep. What was the main point of my initial post. Browns are probably a better overall team, but we don’t have Mahomes. But we definitely proved we belong, and if they get a rematch, the confidence will be sky-high. I also like our offensive game more in an outdoor January setting. Just fucking stay healthy guys. Wills is a bad omen on the injury front.
BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Sep 13, 2021 8:08 AM
posted by Laley23
Yep. What was the main point of my initial post. Browns are probably a better overall team, but we don’t have Mahomes. But we definitely proved we belong, and if they get a rematch, the confidence will be sky-high. I also like our offensive game more in an outdoor January setting. Just fucking stay healthy guys. Wills is a bad omen on the injury front.

Precisely my reason for "expecting" a victory. Outside of Mahomes, Kelce & Hill the Browns are a better team, top to bottom.

Chubb doesn't fumble that ball and they likely win. I'm not beating up on him because him fumbling is pretty rare. Kind of like when poor Byner had to wear the goat horns for Webster Slaughters lookout block in the AFC Championship game. Just like Chubb, Byner had a stellar game except for one blemish.

My biggest bitch is the fugging PUNTER. Pick up the ball, run to the left, not right, and PUNT it. You're a former rugby player for god sakes. Dude gets in pressure situations and pisses down his leg.

Baker outplayed Mahomes for 3 quarters but, for as much as I love Mayfield as the QB, I always get nervous about that drive killing INT on game winning drives and it happened. At the end of the year I'm sure many will harp on his stats as being a "game manager" but if Stefanski really wanted to pad Baker's stats that could've easily been a 3-4 TD game instead of running the ball in.

With the game they played yesterday, the Browns beat 29 of the 31 other teams in the league. Just happened to draw KC. On to Houston.

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 8:52 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Precisely my reason for "expecting" a victory. Outside of Mahomes, Kelce & Hill the Browns are a better team, top to bottom.

Chubb doesn't fumble that ball and they likely win. I'm not beating up on him because him fumbling is pretty rare. Kind of like when poor Byner had to wear the goat horns for Webster Slaughters lookout block in the AFC Championship game. Just like Chubb, Byner had a stellar game except for one blemish.

My biggest bitch is the fugging PUNTER. Pick up the ball, run to the left, not right, and PUNT it. You're a former rugby player for god sakes. Dude gets in pressure situations and pisses down his leg.

Baker outplayed Mahomes for 3 quarters but, for as much as I love Mayfield as the QB, I always get nervous about that drive killing INT on game winning drives and it happened. At the end of the year I'm sure many will harp on his stats as being a "game manager" but if Stefanski really wanted to pad Baker's stats that could've easily been a 3-4 TD game instead of running the ball in.

With the game they played yesterday, the Browns beat 29 of the 31 other teams in the league. Just happened to draw KC. On to Houston.

Yeah I honestly wasn't expecting our D to be that much better. I know they'd be better obviously but they held the best offense in football in check. 

It hurt losing Wills. Hopefully he's not out long. Jones didn't do shit until Wills got hurt. 

That fucking fumble man.....

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 13, 2021 9:38 AM

That fucking fumble man.....

Yep. It was a definite momentum killer. At that point, the KC defense had no answer for the Browns offense. Had the fumble not happened I think they drive in and score again but we'll never know.
like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Sep 13, 2021 12:06 PM

I think it's more likely we see a SB title for the remainder of our lifetime vs seeing a week 1 win.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 13, 2021 12:11 PM
posted by like_that

I think it's more likely we see a SB title for the remainder of our lifetime vs seeing a week 1 win.  

Sad but probably true. As was mentioned previously, if this game's at home I think we might have seen a different outcome.

Myles Garrett had a good point, postgame: why eject Harrison but not the coach off of KC's bench for going after the player?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Sep 16, 2021 2:55 PM

Browns bringing in LB Reuben Foster for a tryout.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 17, 2021 8:03 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Browns bringing in LB Reuben Foster for a tryout.

I don't know much about Foster, but we desperately need help at linebacker. We always look a step or two slow out there. We'll probably look fine against the bad teams coming up, but we won't get to the ultimate goal without improved linebacker play.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Sep 17, 2021 9:42 AM
posted by Al Bundy

I don't know much about Foster, but we desperately need help at linebacker. We always look a step or two slow out there. We'll probably look fine against the bad teams coming up, but we won't get to the ultimate goal without improved linebacker play.

Foster has been injury riddled and has had off the field issues.

What was a head scratcher, to me, was why did they not have JOK shadowing Travis Kelce in that game? The impression that I had was the main reason they drafted him was to try to negate the athleticism of the Kelce's, Mark Andrews, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mahomes, etc. Instead, they put an old, slow as molasses LB on Kelce and he, as usual, has his way.

EDIT: And Anthony Walker, probably their best LB, just went on IR with a hamstring injury and won't be back for 3 weeks.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login