2021 Olympics Thread

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:55 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Is this Chris Webber commentating the gold medal game? He tries to provide so much analysis on a play that by the time he finishes two more things have already occurred. He rushes his speech to try to keep up.

Vince Carter. Webber is contracted by Turner, this is Carter’s first broadcast and he was excellent all tournament. I think he gets scooped up by Turner or espn quickly.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 7, 2021 2:14 AM

This men's beach volleyball match is just awesome.

Sorry, but way more athletic and entertaining than women's. Actually the difference is pretty comparable to men's vs. women's basketball.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 7, 2021 6:31 AM
posted by Laley23

Vince Carter. Webber is contracted by Turner, this is Carter’s first broadcast and he was excellent all tournament. I think he gets scooped up by Turner or espn quickly.

I saw him and Maria Taylor earlier in the telecast, didn’t realize he was on commentary as well. It sounded a lot like Webber to me. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 7, 2021 12:44 PM
posted by gut

Speed climbing.  W....T....F.....These guys move like monkey-spiders.

I actually watched the women’s competition the other day and was intrigued. It was definitely interesting.  

Far better than “speed walking” which is one of the dumbest things I have watched  in the Olympics  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login