2018 Ohio State Basketball

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 15, 2019 11:33 PM
posted by Laley23

Right, and if I blow by the on ball defender, nobody else can slide in and take a charge. It’s bullshit basketball.

2 Things

1) LGP must be gained

2) Offense must initiate contact

In either situation, an offense can avoid it.  There is also the concept of "space," and allowing an offensive player enough space to read, react, and make a move.  

While these plays may suck to you as a fan, the defense is acting within the rules (assuming it is called correctly).  If the offense is getting worse at reacting, you can't change the rule to penalize the defense (in my opinion).  Again, all of this is under the blanket assumption that the rule/foul is being called correctly. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 15, 2019 11:39 PM

I definitely do not think it called correctly at all in college. Not even close.

And they can and should change the rule regardless. They do it all the time. It’s why the semi-circle was added. It’s an incredibly dangerous play. Indiana lost 2 players to concussion this year alone (and I’m sure many more injuries throughout the country) to players taking a charge and undercutting them. Just eliminate it. How does it really change the game for the worse (if at all)?

FatHobbit Senior Member
9,058 posts 68 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 1, 2019 4:16 PM

I just read that Daniel Giddens is looking at pursuing the graduate transfer option to OSU.  The same Daniel Giddens who played for the Buckeyes in 2015 and then transferred to Alabama. (The article said it was not an April fools joke) 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login