Trump. The convicted felon

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 1:36 PM
posted by geeblock

We can debate if it was “bragging “ but six years ago along with 20 times in last two weeks he said it was fine and that he did it let’s not be stupid I thought we finally agreed on something and u still try to argue lol 

So did he brag about it or did he admit to it? Brag and admit have 2 different, vastly different, meanings. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 1:45 PM
posted by Heretic

Kind of tough to get legit great lawyers wanting to rep you when your style is to personally grandstand at every possible opportunity instead of just letting them do their job.

He's also pretty well known, at this point, for consistently trying to "renegotiate" the fees after the fact.  And that's before even considering that representing him can cost you future business with other clients, ESPECIALLY in NY.

He also handcuffs his lawyers maintaining control over the strategy.  Which isn't that unusual with someone trying to preserve reputation [LOL], particularly one running for federal office.

But Trump LIED to his own lawyers with the documents case, and I'm not sure if they were charged (believe so) but he got them in hot water with his lies causing them to unintentionally commit perjury on the affidavit.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 1:49 PM

Such a shit show that the best the Dems can trot out there is trailing the "convicted felon" in the polls....lol

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 2:07 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Such a shit show that the best the Dems can trot out there is trailing the "convicted felon" in the polls....lol

If this gets overturned on appeal, it's probably game over for Biden given the other two trials won't even start before the election.

Although if Trump loses on appeal, which is very possible at least on the state level, it might hurt him.

Hochul almost has to pardon him.  The risk of it being overturned is too great.  No idea if you can still appeal if you were pardoned (not sure why the court would waste its time), or if you can reject a pardon.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 5:25 PM
posted by jmog

So did he brag about it or did he admit to it? Brag and admit have 2 different, vastly different, meanings. 

The guy who can argue about if the sky is blue and I answered that 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 5:31 PM
posted by geeblock

We can debate if it was “bragging “ but six years ago along with 20 times in last two weeks he said it was fine and that he did it let’s not be stupid I thought we finally agreed on something and u still try to argue lol 

U also said u we’re 90 percent plus he did it and  still found a way to argue but yes please dissect if it was a brag or he just said it  day great job 

Kudos for using vastly also 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 7:25 PM
posted by gut

If this gets overturned on appeal, it's probably game over for Biden given the other two trials won't even start before the election.

I agree with this for certain.  Although I’m not so sure this verdict might already be the “game over” for Biden.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 7:44 PM
posted by gut

I agree Gaetz is a clown, but right now he's carving up AG Garland.

I disagreed with McConnell refusing to confirm Garland, but wow did we dodge a bullet there.

What's that about? 

Tue, Jun 4, 2024 7:48 PM
posted by j_crazy

i argue you created garland by not giving him the confirmation. but yeah he wouldn't be in line with roberts or gorsuch.

Have you ever been not hired for a job? Did it make you turn into a nutter?

Tue, Jun 4, 2024 7:56 PM

For those conjecturing about Trump not finding good lawyers, I can't disagree with any of you. But also keep in mind this group who is going after Trump lawyers "to protect our democracy".

https://the65project.com/

Side note: as of today more lawyers and an aide are now having charges brought against them.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 9:58 PM
posted by geeblock

U also said u we’re 90 percent plus he did it and  still found a way to argue but yes please dissect if it was a brag or he just said it  day great job 

Kudos for using vastly also 

I said he paid off the hooker. I just explained what others were asking of you when you made a statement about bragging about it.

I never denied thar he admitted to it. I said I was 90+% sure he paid it in a not so ethical manor, just like Biden, Clinton, other Clinton, etc has done.  

You said bragged about it, someone else asked you to prove that and then you changed your story to “well he hasn’t denied it”.

Side question, do you believe he should serve jail time? Do you believe he should be barred from running for POTUS?

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 4, 2024 10:06 PM

I would like him to get a 6 month in jail sentence suspended with 2 year’s probation and mandatory drug testing. There is no way he should get jail time. If that are doing that to prove a point. Point taken. Move along

Wed, Jun 5, 2024 12:14 AM
posted by Devils Advocate

I would like him to get a 6 month in jail sentence suspended with 2 year’s probation and mandatory drug testing. There is no way he should get jail time. If that are doing that to prove a point. Point taken. Move along

While I think that the Dems taking things this far is terrible for our country ... I don't don't think they should stop now. Because the voters who like this happening won't stop being comfortable until they start to feel it. It's why I hope the DNC switches out Biden for Newsome. It's going to take somebody like him to make the voters actually feel what they vote for. 

So yeah, let the Dems continue showing just what they really are.

geeblock Member
Wed, Jun 5, 2024 7:10 AM
posted by jmog

I said he paid off the hooker. I just explained what others were asking of you when you made a statement about bragging about it.

I never denied thar he admitted to it. I said I was 90+% sure he paid it in a not so ethical manor, just like Biden, Clinton, other Clinton, etc has done.  

You said bragged about it, someone else asked you to prove that and then you changed your story to “well he hasn’t denied it”.

Side question, do you believe he should serve jail time? Do you believe he should be barred from running for POTUS?

I would say no jail time and let him run so we can finish it once and for all either way.  

gut Senior Member
Wed, Jun 5, 2024 10:25 AM

While I think it's a low chance of reversal on appeal to the state appellate court, if they think there's a reasonable chance then they should stay any sentence until after they rule on the appeal.

I think it's highly suspect if the state statute in question applies to a federal election.  Even if it does, it's then an open question as to whether they actually have jurisdiction.  Not sure how exactly that might work, but it could be something like "yes, this charge can apply to a federal crime", however the state wouldn't be able to prosecute a federal violation or consider one might have occurred without a federal charge or conviction.

This doesn't seem that complicated.  How can you possibly charge someone with violating a statute without proving the predicate crime?  That seems like a clear-cut constitutional violation (likely multiple).

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 5, 2024 11:25 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Have you ever been not hired for a job? Did it make you turn into a nutter?

i'm saying he became a zealot with a single-minded agenda after that shenanigan, and you knew he was going to have the backing of the whole DNC for eternity. now we all have to live with the fallout while McConnell goes into hard resets while collecting huge checks till the day he dies which is hopefully soon.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jun 5, 2024 1:10 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

Serious question, not poking back...

When Bill Clinton paid off his affair woman should he have also got a jail sentence (suspended), probation, and drug testing?

Also, when Hilary Clinton was found to have done the exact same thing (campaign finance fraud) to fund the Steele Dossier, should she have got a jail sentence (suspended), probation, and drug testing other than the $8000 fine she paid?

Wed, Jun 5, 2024 4:32 PM
posted by j_crazy

i'm saying he became a zealot with a single-minded agenda after that shenanigan, and you knew he was going to have the backing of the whole DNC for eternity. now we all have to live with the fallout while McConnell goes into hard resets while collecting huge checks till the day he dies which is hopefully soon.

I've always thought and said Mitch McConnell was the worst. I've never wanted him to die, though. Not do I want/hope Clinton, Pelosi, AOC, Trump, Biden or any of those politicians to die. Maybe if they developed something like Lou Gherigs Disease, death would eventually become a kindness. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 5, 2024 4:52 PM

Fanni Willis' Georgia election interference dealt a blow ........appeals hearing in October, case may not go forward, and if it does it will be after election. 

Wed, Jun 5, 2024 5:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Fanni Willis' Georgia election interference dealt a blow ........appeals hearing in October, case may not go forward, and if it does it will be after election. 

Will it matter if it does? Can't he be removed from office, on the weird chance he is elected?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login