Elon Musk

0 posts 0 reps Joined Jun 2022
Wed, Jun 15, 2022 2:33 AM

virtual phone system service

There are many excellent options available in it. People should always choose the most superior option that is available for them. You should always choose the VoIP phone systems. There are many top benefits that you can quickly get after adapting to the service. It is one of the most used things in the whole world nowadays.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 28, 2022 1:21 PM

Libs big mad

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 28, 2022 4:48 PM
posted by iclfan2

Libs big mad

Oh nos!  Opposing points of views!  Twitter will be DEAD in weeks!!!!

It's pretty amazing to see how liberals/progs have basically become the modern version of 80's right-wing authoritarian morality police.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 3:44 PM

So how long do people think Twitter will survive?  The lefties don't seem to want to post there anymore, because reasons, and that appears to be the bulk of people that tweet there.

Musk comes in and immediately lays off half the staff.  That seems like that would have a negative impact, even if most of those layoffs are justified due to cutting the fat and coming recession.

You're losing advertisers, some of whom may not come back if the platform is in decline.  On top of that, you want to charge for the blue check....which doesn't move the needle on the bottom line, but might chase off even more of your bigger content producers.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 3:53 PM

I don’t understand charging for the blue check.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 4:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I don’t understand charging for the blue check.

I don't either.  Although, knowing Musk, it's just another troll of the far left.  Or if it pisses off the Twitter cancel mob and most of them leave, does the platform not become better?

I think it's also worth noting that Musk could lose 99% of his fortune and still be worth over $1B....

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 6:07 PM

The payouts to the Csuite who got axed are fucked massive. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 6:43 PM
posted by Automatik

The payouts to the Csuite who got axed are fucked massive. 

They always are.  

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 7:52 PM

If he actually charges for a blue check, and allows anyone to have it, it won’t last. If we learned anything from JJ, it’s that charging to post places ain’t a great business model. 

I am on Twitter to get my news and breaking information. Everyone being verified would destroy that. Charging $8 for a blue check will get us to that point. 

I won’t leave if most of my verified follows are sticking, but I’ll be gone if they leave. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 8:37 PM

I don’t know what Musk is doing….but I guarantee he does.

Sat, Nov 5, 2022 9:44 PM
posted by Ironman92

I am not one to question someone who has become the richest man on earth. But this guy has failed on quite a few items and built his worth off grand ideas that got government funding and then didn’t go anywhere. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 5, 2022 11:28 PM
posted by Laley23

I am not one to question someone who has become the richest man on earth. But this guy has failed on quite a few items and built his worth off grand ideas that got government funding and then didn’t go anywhere. 

Who knows….maybe he’s killing Twitter and has something bigger in mind.

He probably made more money in the time I made this post than I’ll make this year.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 1:28 AM
posted by Ironman92

If saying "I dgaf if it burns as long as I hold the match" is his strategy, I agree! I don't care who he brings back, but the whole thing where he blasts the "lords and paupers" deal while saying "pay to be cool" is just hilarious.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 10:43 AM

I heard the 8$ will only be for people that already have a blue check and the process to apply for a blue check would remain the same.  If anyone can get a blue check and I have to sort thru ten Adam schefters to find the right one I’ll find another place to get my info 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 8:15 PM

Oh hey look! The leftists on the OC know more about running a business than the richest man on the planet

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 8:17 PM

Able to get get slurped by both teams in only a few years. A remarkable feat. He truly is a fucking genious.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 8:25 PM

The thing you gotta like about this guy is he has been hated by the extremes on both sides.  Left wing nuts hate him because he’s rich, a capitalist “winner” and now because he took their twitter over to end its bullshit.  Right wing nuts hate him because he makes electric cars and embraces green technology.

If you piss off both those constituencies, you are doing some good in the world.  Compare his intellect to our current or last president.  Neither are in the same stratosphere. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 8:49 PM
posted by Laley23

He was a co-founder of PayPal, wasn't he?

gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 6, 2022 9:12 PM
posted by justincredible

Something like that.  To me his real talent is more lobbyist than CEO - his real genius is knowing where the bottomless pit of govt money is going next.

I guess what I'm trying to say is he's a visionary more than X's and O's.  I don't think he's Steve Jobs, or even Mark Cuban.  Usually Musk companies start doing better when he's finally hired the right people, and gotten out of the way.

And I also don't think Musk is disrupting the world with his products.  Tesla, SpaceX and even Boring Co. don't make money, or even work, without massive govt guarantees and subsidies.  But none of those products are changing the world, not like Microsoft, or Google or Amazon.

Sun, Nov 6, 2022 9:47 PM
posted by justincredible

I think so, yes. I’m not saying he isn’t a brilliant business man. But he has had some flops and needed the government a few times, so I can see how he would buy Twitter for $50M and then run it into the ground.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login