Elon Musk

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:04 AM

Hate to give him his own thread, but he needs his own thread.

What are the odds this Twitter deal closes?  The merger arb guys are having a field day, and as of yesterday Twitter was trading at almost pre-announcement levels.

What I'm really wondering if this wasn't a billion dollar [literally] troll job.  Some are saying the twitter bots might be an actual out to cancel the deal.  But everyone knew about the bots, maybe not to his extent, but if anyone realized the scope it would probably be Musk after his numerous dust-ups with Twitter statements over the years.

I think moving the markets with outrageous tweets is like crack to the guy.  Seems like the beginning of a long backpedal to get out of this deal.  Possibly ending in the announcement of his own version of Twitter.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:15 AM

I kind of think he did this whole thing to prove they were lying about how many bots they had. It would be fraud if they were charging people based on users and using a number in SEC filings that was clearly wrong.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:15 AM

This could go on a for a while; I think he is enjoying toying with this lousy board of directors.  I sense there could be a real issue with the % of bots that Twitter is acknowledging (5% or less); if it ends up being 20% + there could be substantial liability/misrepresentation issues.  

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:26 AM
posted by iclfan2

I kind of think he did this whole thing to prove they were lying about how many bots they had. It would be fraud if they were charging people based on users and using a number in SEC filings that was clearly wrong.

I think you're both onto something.  Seems odd timing that Twitter disclosed 5% bots in their latest earnings report.  Does seem like it's shaping up as a way for Musk to punish Twitter.

And they could be in hot water with the SEC.  I'll bet prior to Musk's offer they just figured they wouldn't ask the question.  Absent a whistleblower (with no real data/study to point to), that's a safe move because you'd never expect a takeover or buyout to drill down on that.  Until along comes the crazy dude with $100B...

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:42 AM

Also heard a guy talking about it this morning indicating that he has not heard the CFO weigh in on this particular topic which seems odd.  Maybe the guy has his own doubts and doesn't want to be in the hot seat, or maybe he actually knows that 5% is likely low etc.....   I would not be surprised that shady underlings have done a lot of bad stuff and it is time to come clean and shit is about to hit the fan.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 12:06 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if 5% was low. Obviously, there are tons of poli-bots. And you'd have to assume that would be the same with about anything that gets a lot of people talking. Hell, I remember a year or so ago, PFTCommenter was having a field day because the Washington Football Team made some sort of "look, Dan Snyder isn't a piece of shit because he's doing something to lead in diversity" announcement and he was retweeting all these accounts that were responding with praise and using the exact same wordage, making it painfully obvious that these weren't real people giving actual congratulations.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 12:22 PM

95% of twitter accounts are crypto bots and scammers.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 12:23 PM

My estimate is at least 20% of Twitter is bots or fake accounts. And I would be more shocked if it was less vs more than that.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, May 18, 2022 3:09 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10823295/Twitter-does-not-believe-free-speech-Twitter-engineer-recorded-saying-censor-right.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-twitter-project-veritas-alex-martinez

Twitter employees sound like a fine group of radical leftists.

I hope it is revealed that the bots are above 50% .............would enjoy what happens next. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, May 19, 2022 2:45 PM

Hmmmm.....2024 Musk vs. Trump?  Which petulant multi-billionaire will win the hearts and minds of the heartless & mindless?

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, May 19, 2022 2:58 PM
posted by gut

Hmmmm.....2024 Musk vs. Trump?  Which petulant multi-billionaire will win the hearts and minds of the heartless & mindless?

Not sure what you mean.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Thu, May 19, 2022 3:49 PM
posted by Fletch

Not sure what you mean.

You're part of the mindless. Hope this helps.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 19, 2022 4:01 PM
posted by Heretic

You're part of the mindless. Hope this helps.

Today’s winning post.  

gut Senior Member
Thu, May 19, 2022 5:30 PM

Anyway, Musk today said he is switching parties to the Repubs.  Which that should really ramp-up hatred of his takeover of Twitter.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Thu, May 19, 2022 7:43 PM
posted by gut

Anyway, Musk today said he is switching parties to the Repubs.  Which that should really ramp-up hatred of his takeover of Twitter.

Hell, that's probably at least 85% of the reason why he is. Dude's become a high-level troll. Like, the 4D chess playing version of one.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, May 20, 2022 3:55 AM
posted by Heretic

I wouldn't be surprised if 5% was low. Obviously, there are tons of poli-bots. And you'd have to assume that would be the same with about anything that gets a lot of people talking. Hell, I remember a year or so ago, PFTCommenter was having a field day because the Washington Football Team made some sort of "look, Dan Snyder isn't a piece of shit because he's doing something to lead in diversity" announcement and he was retweeting all these accounts that were responding with praise and using the exact same wordage, making it painfully obvious that these weren't real people giving actual congratulations.

My favorite are the real people, who are such sheep that they actually blend in with the bots.  The sad part is, these people are making money off of this shit. 

"Retweet if you think the Demoncrats aren't America first and Trump's election win was stolen  #maga2024 #trump2024 #americafirst #redwave"

"Retweet if you think Republicans are fascists, who are a threat to democracy! #bluewave #resist #resistance #fascism"

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 20, 2022 9:00 AM
posted by gut

I laugh so hard at the butt-hurtedness of the left, over Musk.  I have a friend that deleted his Twitter account, "Because that idiot Musk is buying it." No real reason other than "Must is buying it."  SHEEPLE

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, May 20, 2022 9:38 AM

woman sexual misconduct musk like clockwork

gut Senior Member
Sat, May 21, 2022 2:57 PM
posted by Heretic

Dude's become a high-level troll.

I think you nailed it.  Just like Trump, only smart.
QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 11:07 AM

How the client list has not been leaked is telling.  And how do you have a trial of a sex trafficker and nobody asks who the customers/perps were?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login