2023 NFL Regular Season

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 10, 2023 10:54 PM

This game is kind of hilarious. Giants seem to be allergic to doing anything good whatsoever. Just had a nice offensive play...that ended with a fumble that Dallas recovered.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 10, 2023 11:23 PM

I feel like I’m missing something about Burrow’s calf strain. What was he doing all summer to come into the first week of training camp ready to strain something. It wasn’t a freak accident or anything. 

Can’t blame him for last year and the appendicitis but the preseason keeps getting fucked up then they look like trash early on. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 7:26 AM
posted by Ironman92

Looks like T.J. Watt had 3 sacks, 5 hits on the QB and a fumble recovery….scraping for positives

Watt will likely line up against a Browns rookie RT on Monday. The rookie (Jones) did well after Jack Conklin went down with his annual injury. The kid from OSU is a man mountain of a RT.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 7:32 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I feel like I’m missing something about Burrow’s calf strain. What was he doing all summer to come into the first week of training camp ready to strain something. It wasn’t a freak accident or anything. 

Can’t blame him for last year and the appendicitis but the preseason keeps getting fucked up then they look like trash early on. 

I wouldn't attribute all of this to Burrow. Even if he's 100%, I doubt the end result was any different. Score might have been closer but I think the Browns still win. 

Burrow was shell shocked from the onset, which I expected from the Browns revamped front four. 

The things NOT in Burrow's favor were: 1) no time to throw/O-Line still not very good (2 sacks/10 hits), 2) as mentioned, the Browns front four are really good and 3) due to #2, the Browns corners/safeties (also VERY good) had the Bengals WR's blanketed. Higgins had 0 catches on, I think, 8 targets. When was the last time that happened?

The Bengals defense actually played pretty well. The Browns D just played better.

The thing that was baffling was that it looked like Burrow wasn't prepared for that weather, which is odd as he's played well in poor conditions.

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:23 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I wouldn't attribute all of this to Burrow. Even if he's 100%, I doubt the end result was any different. Score might have been closer but I think the Browns still win. 

Burrow was shell shocked from the onset, which I expected from the Browns revamped front four. 

The things NOT in Burrow's favor were: 1) no time to throw/O-Line still not very good (2 sacks/10 hits), 2) as mentioned, the Browns front four are really good and 3) due to #2, the Browns corners/safeties (also VERY good) had the Bengals WR's blanketed. Higgins had 0 catches on, I think, 8 targets. When was the last time that happened?

The Bengals defense actually played pretty well. The Browns D just played better.

The thing that was baffling was that it looked like Burrow wasn't prepared for that weather, which is odd as he's played well in poor conditions.

I don’t think it’s the difference between winning and losing, but certainly he doesn’t have an all time worst performance. They just can’t beat Cleveland, especially in Cleveland.

Peter King suggested in his column this morning what if this is a season long thing with Burrow. Just frustrating that it started days into training camp, when players should be ready to go. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:34 AM

I don’t think it’s the difference between winning and losing, but certainly he doesn’t have an all time worst performance. They just can’t beat Cleveland, especially in Cleveland.

Peter King suggested in his column this morning what if this is a season long thing with Burrow. Just frustrating that it started days into training camp, when players should be ready to go. 

I'm not sure if we'll ever know but do you think they put some built in clauses in his contract due to him having previous injury issues?

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:55 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm not sure if we'll ever know but do you think they put some built in clauses in his contract due to him having previous injury issues?

Can’t really fault him for the knee and appendix. Shit happens. They’ve surrounded him with a shit offensive line mostly. Hopefully next week will be different. Can’t look much worse. 

Also regarding next week, they host Baltimore who got killed by injuries. Dobbins out for the year, Marcus Williams may have a torn pec, and Ronnie Stanley and Tyler Linderbaum (their center) also left the game with injuries but I don’t think those are to believed as bad. AND Mark Andrews already hurt. Lamar Jackson looked super underwhelming as well. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:08 AM

Can’t really fault him for the knee and appendix. Shit happens. They’ve surrounded him with a shit offensive line mostly. Hopefully next week will be different. Can’t look much worse. 

Also regarding next week, they host Baltimore who got killed by injuries. Dobbins out for the year, Marcus Williams may have a torn pec, and Ronnie Stanley and Tyler Linderbaum (their center) also left the game with injuries but I don’t think those are to believed as bad. AND Mark Andrews already hurt. Lamar Jackson looked super underwhelming as well. 

Baltiwhore is a fraud. If Burrow starts to get back on track the Bengals should win. Not impressed with the Rats defense and they just wasted A LOT of money extending Lamar. If the Bengals defense shows up it should be a "W."

If the Browns can find a way to win in Pittsburgh Monday night, I expect them to be 4-0 at their bye with upcoming games against Tennessee and Baltimore, both at home.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:34 AM

Tonight is the fucking night.

This is going to be a long day at work.

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:43 AM

I was planning on walking up to a local bar to watch since we don't have cable, but it looks like it might be available on ESPN+, which we do have (free thru verizon).

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:44 AM
posted by justincredible

Tonight is the fucking night.

This is going to be a long day at work.

Jets D-Line vs Bills O-Line should be fun to watch.

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 4:05 PM

I didn't realize the game was going to be on ABC tonight until just now. Why have I been worrying about how I'm going to watch?

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:33 PM

Sorry Justin

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:34 PM

I want to cry

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 17 reps Joined Mar 2015
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:35 PM
posted by justincredible

Why have I been worrying about how I'm going to watch?

true. you should've been more worried about rodgers getting hurt on his 4th snap
iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:35 PM

Ouch

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 8:41 PM

That ain’t cool

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:33 PM

WELLNESS CHECK ON JUSTIN!!!

Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:53 PM

Maybe there’s someone who could come out of retirement to salvage the Jets season 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 11, 2023 9:59 PM

Wilson made a great play to not take a 30 yard sack lol

Get the ball to Izzy, no one knows him

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login