2023 NFL Regular Season

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 1:31 AM

Can’t imagine he’ll be back for the next few games, and if they lose those, maybe for the season. Think he had 2-3 healthy games this season? Just random shit, too. First week of training camp, rolling out, hurts calf and will be hindered the next two months. Now a wrist injury that the team won’t even acknowledge was a problem coming into tonight. He’s been a lot of fun this year. 

The injuries are just bizarre. A training camp strain that honestly probably sunk the season before it began. He randomly shows up with a wrist brace yesterday that no one knew anything about and is out by halftime. No one said shit about his wrist all week. At least with Watson for example you could trace his shoulder injury to specific hits. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 6:03 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Can’t imagine he’ll be back for the next few games, and if they lose those, maybe for the season. Think he had 2-3 healthy games this season? Just random shit, too. First week of training camp, rolling out, hurts calf and will be hindered the next two months. Now a wrist injury that the team won’t even acknowledge was a problem coming into tonight. He’s been a lot of fun this year. 

The injuries are just bizarre. A training camp strain that honestly probably sunk the season before it began. He randomly shows up with a wrist brace yesterday that no one knew anything about and is out by halftime. No one said shit about his wrist all week. At least with Watson for example you could trace his shoulder injury to specific hits. 

Welcome to the land of disappointment from injured QB's. Justin is our spokesman.

This season has been brutal for injuries to key players in the AFC North. First Burrow, then Chubb, Watson & Mark Andrews all out for the year (except Burrow).

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 9:07 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Welcome to the land of disappointment from injured QB's. Justin is our spokesman.

Meetings are every Tuesday night. Dues are cheap, it only costs your happiness as a sports fan.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 9:13 AM

Rat's gonna rat. Stay classy Crackmore, you syphilis invested shithole...Yet people say we shouldn't wish injuries on people? Some people make it kind of hard not to do so.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 10:02 AM

I cannot believe Cincinnatis front office fucked up and didnt trade for Dobbs or Brissett. How can you make a QB the highest paid in the league with more guaranteed money that anyone, and then NOT have a viable backup plan? Just a complete lack of foresight rolling into the season with a QB with so much injury potential. Idiots. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 10:03 AM

The Bengals are going to have a real tough road to get into the playoffs. They are 0-3 in the division. They are likely going to need to go 5-2 the rest of the way with all the wins over AFC opponents. That will be a rough to sweep Pittsburgh and beat KC & JAX. Especially with a banged up Burrow.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 11:10 AM
posted by Laley23

I cannot believe Cincinnatis front office fucked up and didnt trade for Dobbs or Brissett. How can you make a QB the highest paid in the league with more guaranteed money that anyone, and then NOT have a viable backup plan? Just a complete lack of foresight rolling into the season with a QB with so much injury potential. Idiots. 

I get that but they'd be in the same boat as the Browns. Might make the playoffs but very early exit.

Fri, Nov 17, 2023 12:29 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I get that but they'd be in the same boat as the Browns. Might make the playoffs but very early exit.

I am being extremely facetious. Listening to the Browns take shit for not trading for Dobbs when Watson was back the week after deadline was nauseating when Jets, Bengals, and probably more are in the same situation with an injured pricey QB.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 12:49 PM
posted by Laley23

I am being extremely facetious. Listening to the Browns take shit for not trading for Dobbs when Watson was back the week after deadline was nauseating when Jets, Bengals, and probably more are in the same situation with an injured pricey QB.

I was kind or wondering if that was a bit sarcastic and was going to reply that way but played it safe. lol

Fri, Nov 17, 2023 2:52 PM

Burrow done for the year. Bengals are cooked. Kinda wish they had knocked off Houston last week LOL

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 3:00 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The Bengals are going to have a real tough road to get into the playoffs. They are 0-3 in the division. They are likely going to need to go 5-2 the rest of the way with all the wins over AFC opponents. That will be a rough to sweep Pittsburgh and beat KC & JAX. Especially with a banged up Burrow.

The Bengals have it worse than the Browns, their OL is absoutely dog crap and their defense isn't near as good. They are heading to a 10+ loss season is my guess.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 3:26 PM
posted by Laley23

Burrow done for the year. Bengals are cooked. Kinda wish they had knocked off Houston last week LOL

Damn. They might not win 7.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 6:15 PM

With the fact that the Bengals had possible knowledge of this injury, it wasn't reported, and they trotted him out there and he ends up making it worse, being lost for the season, should be interesting (as to what the league might do).

Also, for Bengals fans, with Broadway Joe being injury prone (2 seasons on IR) do you feel his contract extension was the "worst signing in history?" (please detect the sarcasm)

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 6:37 PM

I see the sarcasm but I can’t help but feel like an NFL franchise not only must roll the dice that they can make the playoffs with their roster,  but can make it knowing that if the franchise QB isn’t injury free that that can at least play 500 ball with a 2nd team QB. 

If you are betting the team on a QB, you are betting it all on the presumption that they will not get hurt and the planets align and digs and cats will live in friendship and yeh cavS will get LEBRON bac ect…..

Done drunk rants

Sat, Nov 18, 2023 3:30 AM
posted by BR1986FB

With the fact that the Bengals had possible knowledge of this injury, it wasn't reported, and they trotted him out there and he ends up making it worse, being lost for the season, should be interesting (as to what the league might do).

Also, for Bengals fans, with Broadway Joe being injury prone (2 seasons on IR) do you feel his contract extension was the "worst signing in history?" (please detect the sarcasm)

Sarcasm aside, I am concerned with his injury history. 4th season, second which he wont finish, and third impacted by injury (counting the appendectomy which I think took him a bit to recover from early on last season) I cant remember for certain but I think the offseason/training camp his second year was impacted by the recovering knee. So 2-3 training camps impacted which keep equating to slow starts to the season. Would it be too much to have a healthy season from start to finish? I'm not questioning his ability or leadership, he's so fun to watch when he's on. But can we string together some good health here for a change? 

Everyone on Bengals subreddit is saying tank, draft well, replace the oline coach, and be ready for next year. Seems like kind of a tall ask for Burrow to actually be healthy next year. I'm sick of tanking. They had to tank in 2019 to get Burrow, then tank in 2020 when he got hurt, now might as well tank this year. Three tank jobs in five years. 

But, I am all for getting Brock Bowers. Idk that he'll be there whenever they select, but getting him would take some sting away. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 19, 2023 12:53 PM

Browns 20

Steelers 9

Sun, Nov 19, 2023 5:50 PM

Chargers season is a disaster. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Nov 19, 2023 6:57 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Chargers season is a disaster. 

That coach is probably my least favorite

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 19, 2023 6:59 PM

So, the Steelers offense now is going like this: Give the ball to Warren, most likely get a good to huge gain OR give the ball to someone else and, if lucky, it won't be a loss. So, uh, maybe they should do the former a bit more often so they have a chance to have more than 1.5 good drives per fucking game? Please?

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Nov 19, 2023 7:01 PM
posted by Heretic

So, the Steelers offense now is going like this: Give the ball to Warren, most likely get a good to huge gain OR give the ball to someone else and, if lucky, it won't be a loss. So, uh, maybe they should do the former a bit more often so they have a chance to have more than 1.5 good drives per fucking game? Please?

Harris reminds me of 43 year old Bartolo Colon running the bases, without the elusiveness.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login