2023 NFL Regular Season

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 11:58 AM
posted by Ironman92

Just look at last week’s results and know you can’t look ahead and accurately count wins and losses

Jets 14-3 fo sure

All I know is the Jets beat the Eagles last week so

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 12:51 PM

Prior to this season there were teams that were considered "locks" as SB contenders like the Chiefs, Bills & Bengals. The Chiefs have 5 wins but I don't think they scare anyone. Bills are good one week, look like shit the next and the Bengals defense has been good but their offense has been pathetic. There's no clear frontrunner in the AFC like there is in the NFC. That's why it's possible teams like the Browns & Jets have punchers chances if they get in.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 3:23 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, well the Dolphins aren't too shabby either. That is the one offense I wouldn't want the Browns to have to face in the playoffs. Will be interested to see how their game goes against Baltimore (obviously rooting for the Fins).

from experience, the Ravens will stomp the fins. doesn't seem to matter who the players or the coaches are, with 1 or 2 exceptions in my memory (last year's shootout being 1) the ravens always seem to crush miami. i think back to a 60-7 game (or something like that) with brian flores. and some other utter beatdowns in the early 2010's. 

Miami's kryptonite is teams that pressure the QB up the middle. so the Eagles, Jets, Bills, Chiefs, and Commanders will give them trouble. If Miami can get a run game going against those teams and keep it where they have to be honest up the middle, maybe then  they can run away from those teams. but time will tell, 

Also, miami needs phillips and ramsey back ASAP. they are so susceptible to passes it's crazy. they need to score 45 points against teams with competent offenses otherwise they'll lose with this defense as it's currently constructed.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 11:28 AM

So can someone explain to me why the Saints give Kamara like 30 touches a game, but only like 1 inside the 10? They start passing or putting in Taysom Hill.

You trust the guy to get you there, but not to get it in? They had 4 plays from the 6 to tie it last night, not a single one was to Kamara.

17 carries

14 targets, 12 catches

153 total yards...

only 1 or 2 touches inside the 10 all night, and they were there a lot.

EDIT-to be fair, yes, he is on my fantasy team, so I am a little bitter.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 12:09 PM
posted by BR1986FBThat's why it's possible teams like the Browns & Jets have punchers chances if they get in.

QB is what gives you a puncher's chance of going on a run, and neither team has a QB that scares anyone.  Not unless Watson suddenly finds pre-massage form.

Fri, Oct 20, 2023 12:29 PM

Rodgers is gonna come back week 16 and run the table. I've seen the script.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 12:30 PM
posted by gut

QB is what gives you a puncher's chance of going on a run, and neither team has a QB that scares anyone.  Not unless Watson suddenly finds pre-massage form.

Really, because Pittsburgh may have the worst offense/QB in the league and Watt/Highsmith give them a puncher's chance weekly by keeping the game close? All it takes is mistakes by the opposing offense and a lucky deep throw to Pickens to get you a "W."

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 12:46 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Really, because Pittsburgh may have the worst offense/QB in the league and Watt/Highsmith give them a puncher's chance weekly by keeping the game close? All it takes is mistakes by the opposing offense and a lucky deep throw to Pickens to get you a "W."

Weekly?  Sure.  4-game SB run?  No fucking way.

And Tomlin and that defense have given up 40+ in 4 straight playoff games, so probably not the defense you want to use for your argument.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 12:48 PM
posted by justincredible

Rodgers is gonna come back week 16 and run the table. I've seen the script.

I can only imagine what kind of voodoo pseudo medicine he's using to try and make it back.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 1:12 PM
posted by gut

Weekly?  Sure.  4-game SB run?  No fucking way.

And Tomlin and that defense have given up 40+ in 4 straight playoff games, so probably not the defense you want to use for your argument.

I'm saying this in "this" year, as we speak. There are no juggernaut/high powered offenses outside of Miami and I already made my comment about concerns for them. Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jags.....none these teams scare me that they are going to hang a 40 burger on the Browns defense. The Fins would be capable and the Rats are only a concern because of the RB who throws. They have issues with running QB's.

The Jets defense is also strong enough to contain the previously mentioned teams. Cleveland's offense isn't high powered but it's better than the Jets.

Fri, Oct 20, 2023 2:10 PM

I'm really curious to see how the Jets look coming out of the bye. The offense hasn't been great on paper, but watching every snap they haven't looked too bad overall the last few weeks. Not great by any stretch, but good enough (and trending up) to win with this defense. 

Zach no longer looks like JaMarcus Russell out there, he's making plays and showing incremental progress. I'm not fully convinced he won't regress back to the guy that got benched last season, but it's no longer a chore to watch him play QB and really hasn't been all season outside of a bad drive here and there. If they can figure out how to score 3 TDs a game they might be able to squeak out 11 wins. 

Fri, Oct 20, 2023 2:11 PM

I'll cry if I have to watch Trevor Siemian take a single snap this season.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 21, 2023 2:41 PM

Can the cringey Chargers fan have her 15 minutes of fame be up now 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 21, 2023 3:21 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm saying this in "this" year, as we speak. There are no juggernaut/high powered offenses outside of Miami and I already made my comment about concerns for them. Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jags.....none these teams scare me that they are going to hang a 40 burger on the Browns defense. The Fins would be capable and the Rats are only a concern because of the RB who throws. They have issues with running QB's.

The Jets defense is also strong enough to contain the previously mentioned teams. Cleveland's offense isn't high powered but it's better than the Jets.

Any given week in the NFL.  That's nothing new this year.  There are only a few examples of truly bad QB's winning SBs (Dilfer, Johnson), but those teams had special, special defenses.

PIT, NYJ or whomever else you want to cite might win a WC playoff game with defense, but they aren't sniffing a SB.  There are no special defenses any more that can carry a team to a SB - the league has made sure of that with all the rule changes.

You are also making this proclamation just 6 weeks into the NFL season when defenses traditionally start faster than offenses. Rest assured, by the end of the year Mahomes and KC will be running a train on defenses like they always do.

Sun, Oct 22, 2023 2:25 PM

Ravens absolutely curbstomping the Lions. Wasn't expecting that.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 2:50 PM
posted by justincredible

Ravens absolutely curbstomping the Lions. Wasn't expecting that.

Vegas is quietly stockpiling the cash this month

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 2:51 PM

Games haven’t even made sense the last couple weeks

Sun, Oct 22, 2023 3:59 PM

I've been watching the Bills @ Patriots game since about the 3rd quarter. Fun game. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 4:43 PM

Another weekend that football has worn me out…I’ll watch the Astros clinch the ALCS tonight.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 22, 2023 4:51 PM

With the 100% chance that Browns fan will respond that they get screwed far more often than they get a break, today's game was a prison offense against Indy.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login