2021 Goals/Resolutions

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 3:01 PM

Anyone have any goals or resolutions for 2021? Nothing too exciting for me. 

• Read 30 books. 
  • Brew 24 batches of beer. I haven't brewed with much success lately but I believe I finally figured out the cause of the issues I was having. 
  • Complete 12 wood working projects. I did one project in 2019, none in 2020. I'd like to build one small project each month.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 163 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 3:14 PM

I need to find a way to strengthen up. My rounds of botox every 3 months all around my neck and upper back area leave those muscles deadened and a lot of exercise movements are a major struggle and hurt me the next day. Need to focus on flexibility and baby steps strengthening around those muscles.

It’s been a struggle.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 3:52 PM

Just continue Project Debt Destruction. I’ve done very well the past year and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This has been making me somewhat careless regarding spending. I need to stick to the plan and get it finished. 

Also, I want to buy a vehicle, probably late spring. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 5:02 PM

Wife and I only have a small amount of debt, that gets knocked out pretty quick.  Then its on to having multiple investment accounts over $100 grand.

I need to get another Boston marathon qualifier in also.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 5:54 PM

If we looked it up I’m pretty sure I said this same thing last year, quit being a fuck and stop drinking during the week. So many calories. Need to start running / buy a peloton type bike too. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 6:11 PM
posted by iclfan2

If we looked it up I’m pretty sure I said this same thing last year, quit being a fuck and stop drinking during the week. So many calories. Need to start running / buy a peloton type bike too. 

The booze calories are enormous. I had to quit drinking some years ago - not for the calories, but because I got shitfaced every time. Anyway, I miss it sometimes, but definitely not the calories. I've lost about 15 pounds in these past five years and I attribute it to this. 

Drinking is fine, but reducing weekly drinks will pay off on your waistline. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 3, 2021 6:20 PM

This year will revolve around housing. Get the current place market-ready, and get it on the market. Decide specifically where we want to move (know the general area) and get serious about finding a home.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 4, 2021 4:27 PM
posted by Automatik

Just continue Project Debt Destruction. I’ve done very well the past year and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This has been making me somewhat careless regarding spending. I need to stick to the plan and get it finished. 

Also, I want to buy a vehicle, probably late spring. 

Most worthy ........good luck.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login